• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 19th: PM2019 022 - Farewell, Rabbifoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I don't think Raboot will stay in Hoenn. Now that Go is aware of Raboot's distance from him he may actually try to fix the issue

You know, no matter how much I enjoy Raboot's independent mindset and right to be mad at its trainer, I'm glad the issue will wrap up next episode! It was bound to get old quick.

Go does not neglect or mistreat his pokemon, not at all. Although we can't deny there's a real lack of communication and understanding between him and Raboot. Go is a good kid but I don't blame the bunny for potentially wanting to leave. The few seconds preview video alone showed how much it is way happier with those wild pokemon.

If there was any episodes in the past a pokemon wanted to leave a trainer, this one I feel it is justified. The show focused fair enough on Raboot to let us have a slight idea it is not happy with its trainer.

Now I'm intrigued how this will get solved.
Evolution? Yeah sounds a cheap solution but I don't mind, Cinderace is cool too. But I kiiiiiinda rather it won't. Just to the anime not leave a bad taste on Raboot like it did with Charmeleon lol

BlueDragonfangirl

So I'm confused, this little guy is staying with the other wild Pokemon instead? Be dang, fans thought it'd leave room for character development on Go's part if it stayed.

It's a baby Pokemon that just hatched. I don't see why there needs to be any other logic than that.

You said
BUT it is Riolu so I would expect more effort in them showing it off frequently
. It doesn't sound like you meant a newly hatched Pokemon.

On Topic: There's not much left to wonder here. Raboot is staying and most likely not evolving. Right now I am not too sure if that rain scene from the preview is happening here.

dman_dustin

You said . It doesn't sound like you meant a newly hatched Pokemon.

On Topic: There's not much left to wonder here. Raboot is staying and most likely not evolving. Right now I am not too sure if that rain scene from the preview is happening here.

Your argument only makes sense if Riolu was randomly caught in the wild.

I fully meant because it was a hatched a Pokemon, I wasn't referring to its species in general but because Ash's Riolu hatched.

It's important to note that I was specifying Ash's Riolu, not some other Riolu. You weren't supposed to generalize the "Riolu" you were supposed to individualize it.

I also said "It is RIOLU" rather than "It's A RIOLU" that's where the distinction comes from, I was explicitly targeting Ash's Riolu individually not as a species and since IT did hatch that's why I thought they would've focused on it more.

Red and Blue

They didn't show Gengar in the episode after its capture. Plus I'm sure Riolu will get spotlight on episode 23 since it is focusing on the lab Pokemon

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't see why Rabbifoot would leave when the whole episode seems like a typical fake out situation.

It's very similar to Pikachu's goodbye. Only they are adding the weird Raboot subplot to spice things up.

Deko Akao wrote Scorbunny's evolution episode and kickstart the changes on Raboot's atitude with that ending. Now she's writting this one. I guess we are either getting further development or closure to this plot

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I will say something I do agree with is the Pokémon definitely could use more “casual” characterization and screen time, we need to see them more as characters. Where PM struggles for me is not necessarily giving the Pokémon much in terms of characters or personality outside of Rabbifoot. Gengar was great pre-capture and then after that episode it becomes your typical generic Gengar, no acknowledgement of its past or pain or distrust of humans. Just a generic Gengar now. I would have preferred they had shown it slowly opening up to other Pokémon over time at the Sakuragi Lab. It really did feel like the Gengar in the Bisces battle and the capture episode were two different entities entirely. I wouldn’t have minded seeing Riolu this episode, it does make sense for a brand-new character to get some casual outside time after its capture.

I still do miss how characters would capture a Pokémon and the next episode focused on the Pokémon integrating into the group or getting fleshed out a bit. Now they’re caught and ported off to Sakuragi’s backyard until they’re necessary as plot elements which does make them feel limiting and bland. It’s weird because the writers are not juggling a ton of Pokémon. The only consistently relevant Pokémon on the cast are Rabbifoot, Pikachu, and sometimes Gengar and Kairyu. They don’t even have to characterize TRio Pokémon anymore like giving Hidoide a crush or Mimikyu a grudge and rivalry. It’s weird for how few characters they have to worry about that the characterization of the leading Pokémon falls so flat this series. Kairyu is fairly one-note post-capture more or less just being a hugger.

I sure do hope they do more in terms of allowing at least the main circle of Pokémon to have a bit more agency outside of capture episodes.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
What would be the point of let it evolve? 3rd stage pokemon dont get alot of focus after they evolve (except Lycanrock, Greninja etc)

Aceburn seems to be somewhat popular, so I'm assuming that it would receive a lot of screen-time in the future if Rabbifoot evolves here. My only gripe is that since Gou doesn't battle much, Aceburn would be sort of wasted on him.

D

Deleted member 384931

Aceburn seems to be somewhat popular, so I'm assuming that it would receive a lot of screen-time in the future if Rabbifoot evolves here. My only gripe is that since Gou doesn't battle much, Aceburn would be sort of wasted on him.
Yeah unless he catches another cute pokemon to use instead

Zariful

So do we know if that scene from that massive preview in the rain is from this episode? You know where Go and Raboot appear to be training in the rain and there’s appears to be a glow?

Red and Blue

They could be hiding the rain scene if Raboot is indeed evolving here. They did hid Riolu fighting a bunch of wild Pokemon in the preview

Zariful

They could be hiding the rain scene if Raboot is indeed evolving here. They did hid Riolu fighting a bunch of wild Pokemon in the preview
This is true my homie. Also if Raboot evolves, it was effectively like Charizard in the sense that it evolves quick. But honestly I think Cinderace could be outside of the ball still. Like if their issues get resolved. It can be hype and excited all the time like it was when it was a Scorbunny. They might not be able to sleep in the same bed. But Raboot has given subtle hints that there’s some towards Go still left. Like it still follows Go around. It sleeps with it. I kind of picture Shikamaru from Naruto. Where Raboot is like “man what a drag” dealing with this idiot. And then there’s all the times it’s been willing to help in situations. Like it went with Go to look for Riolu. It’s like when you’re pissed at your parents and you don’t wanna do anything for them. But then when they decide to stop trying, that’s when you realize oh dang they’re not coming back. That’s not a perfect example because the parents are probs right in most situations. And go was cruel to Raboot

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

So do we know if that scene from that massive preview in the rain is from this episode? You know where Go and Raboot appear to be training in the rain and there’s appears to be a glow?

Glow scene is probably just an impact animation for Ember to hit its target while training. I don't see Raboot evolving that quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.