• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 19th: PM2019 022 - Farewell, Rabbifoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Spider-Phoenix said:
Anyway, Raboot grew on me. The anime is quite good on making like/see the appeal of pokémon I wouldn't otherwise.

I think the anime's handling of Rabbifoot has had the opposite effect on: I used to like the species more before Gou's Hibanny evolved into one. I guess that I just don't like it when the anime makes certain Pokemon quiet and stoic, because to me that isn't an entertaining personality trait.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I just finished my XY rewatch so maybe I try and see the insight in this.

I can definitely see the logic in why people would think that, especially considering Goodra did well, get released 3 episodes after the gym battle and Goomy appeared just 12 episodes before the gym battle in the first place.

Noivern’s another one that does get a fair share of slack. As of finishing XY, Noibat is another really cute Pokémon with a lot of personality. I do distinctly remember that Noivern never got much focus at all in XYZ save that one Zapdos episode so complaints about him are more justified probably
The Noibat situation still baffles me, since there had a lot of time that could've been used to give him more focus. Same for Poipole in SM (though his case eventually was way worse)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think the problem with goodra is that well it didn't really have to be released considering florges became its friend and all. The only reason they had him leave was to make ash less powerful, and that kinda leaves a sour taste in the mouth when you consider goodra did come back only to perform horribly. I wish it was more like gliscor where it came back, did stuff at the league and went with Ash in the end.

I think that as a whole, the XY team sometimes feels... Not quite well planned.

I mean, they knew they'd want Talonflame and Greninja but seems like from there on, they just couldn't figure what to use.

Hawlucha was a great character but at times, he felt kind of redundant specially when Froakie became a Frogadier.

Also, I dunno, I felt like Goomy was an after thought, as in they wanted Ash to fight Clemont but the type-matchups weren't quite on Ash's favor. It being released just a couple episodes after the gym match appear to confirm that.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I agree that certain aspects of XY felt incredibly rushed. It took forever to get to Serena's goal that it seems like there was even a small retcon on the requirements to even enter Master Class and they completely skipped two of Jessie's wins.

Now in PM19 or PJ (Pokémon Journeys), it feels like Scorbunny evolved way too quickly and it may be evolving soon after that. I guess maybe Scorbunny/Raboot is gaining experience with each Go capture like the recent main games.

Raboot's situation is closer to Excadrill's issue with Iris. The trainer was not considering the Pokémon's feeling and just telling them how to respond. Maybe Raboot will feel better if he finally kicks Go on the butt.

wellwellwells

The thing with XY (and I think this was pretty much confirmed) was that everybody thought they would have another year of series with the release of Z, yet SM came and they had to super rush through the last gyms and Serena’s goals.

This time they have no excuse tbh and they are messing things up from the get go.

dman_dustin

No Nico Nico or Oha Suta to spoil us this time

I'm fully expecting it to evolve, and the reactions to it evolving will be hilarious. (Granted it probably won't evolve, but still I await the hilarity of it evolving, because everyone assumes its not going to evolve).

Then again the scenes we saw in the preview could be for a different episode.

I mean after all I don't think we have any confirmation that Raboot is in another episode presumably at least not that I saw or remember. So....who knows....

But it evolving here is going to be hilarious, I'm going to enjoy the collective fandom going "WHAT!!!! HUH!!! EXCUSE ME!!!! THIS EARLY?!!!!"

If it doesn't happen, fine, then we can move on, but it would be hilarious to me if it does.

ShadowForce720

I'm fully expecting it to evolve, and the reactions to it evolving will be hilarious. (Granted it probably won't evolve, but still I await the hilarity of it evolving, because everyone assumes its not going to evolve).

Then again the scenes we saw in the preview could be for a different episode.

I mean after all I don't think we have any confirmation that Raboot is in another episode presumably at least not that I saw or remember. So....who knows....

But it evolving here is going to be hilarious, I'm going to enjoy the collective fandom going "WHAT!!!! HUH!!! EXCUSE ME!!!! THIS EARLY?!!!!"

If it doesn't happen, fine, then we can move on, but it would be hilarious to me if it does.

Well we might find out on Saturday when we get the VA list for episode 23 as presuming that it is listed. So obviously if Raboot is listed or Cinderace is listed in the VA list for episode 23 then we will know if it evolves in episode 22 or not.

Now if neither Raboot nor Cinderace is listed in the VA list for episode 23 then that will mean we will have to wait until episode 22 airs to find out.

Red and Blue

A good way to hide if Raboot evolves or not is if TR shows up in episode 23. Raboot and Jessie share the same VA

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
A good way to hide if Raboot evolves or not is if TR shows up in episode 23. Raboot and Jessie share the same VA

I hope they are, I don't mind them not appearing for two episodes but three just pushes it. They've been good about their appearances lately, I hope they don't go back to the stupidly huge gaps.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~

Anyone who thinks Raboot isn't going to evolve is literally in denial.

Majority of the people know for fact it's gonna evolve. We just don't know when it's gonna evolve.

For whatever reason they're doing their hardest to rush the Scorbunny line to it's final stage quickly so I won't be surprised if it evolves on Sunday.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:
No Nico Nico or Oha Suta to spoil us this time

Which is a shame. I can't say that I like surprises when it comes to Pokemon evolutions, so I wish that we had some advanced notice for whether or not Rabbifoot will evolve here.

Xuxuba

Man, i sure hope Gou releases Rabbifoot. He deserves better tbh.

First, he gets completely ignored all the way through Galar. Then he gets rejected. And now he barely gets any attention or training, because his trainer only cares about collecting Pokémon and catching Mew.

I like Go as a person, but he is a pretty terrible trainer...

Anyway, shame it's never going to happen tho :/

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I think the anime's handling of Rabbifoot has had the opposite effect on: I used to like the species more before Gou's Hibanny evolved into one. I guess that I just don't like it when the anime makes certain Pokemon quiet and stoic, because to me that isn't an entertaining personality trait.

I feel the same way lol. I love Raboot's design but man he is just boring af lol. I hope Cinderace will bring back some of the more fun quirks Scorbunny had

First, he gets completely ignored all the way through Galar. Then he gets rejected. And now he barely gets any attention or training, because his trainer only cares about collecting Pokémon and catching Mew.

I like Go as a person, but he is a pretty terrible trainer...

Anyway, shame it's never going to happen tho :/

I wonder if Gou will join the Tournament. I feel like that's what this is leading up to. Cinderace is a pretty OP Pokemon and would seem pretty wasted on a Trainer who doesn't battle much. I feel like this episode will be the turning point for that.

dman_dustin

Anyone who thinks Raboot isn't going to evolve is literally in denial.

Majority of the people know for fact it's gonna evolve. We just don't know when it's gonna evolve.

For whatever reason they're doing their hardest to rush the Scorbunny line to it's final stage quickly so I won't be surprised if it evolves on Sunday.

Yeah I meant "it probably won't evolve now" I didn't mean to imply it will probably never evolve. After all I strongly believe the only reason ember resembles pyro ball is that it will evolve, and otherwise blaze kick probably would've been a better move for it.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

That's partly Raboot's own fault, since he was assuming everyone would notice him if by just standing there and not actually trying to... Touch Go or greet the boys.

I still think the fact that Go gets too focused/carried away with catching may end up being a plot point. Fingers crossed.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I agree, it'd be so amazing if Raboot just refused to bond with Go yet joined up with Ash... sadly he'll likely just wind up going back to Go's selfish dex obsessed self

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
LOL @ some of these takes.

So, instead of, you know, the writers taking advantage of this for Go's character to grow and learn from his mistakes, you want them to give Rabbifoot to Ash and in process turn Go into an even worse character who just abandons his first Pokemon? Brilliant. This is peak Ash-obsession that knows no logic.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but both Go and Rabbifoot are here to stay. Rabbifoot is not going to leave Go. Go is not going to release his Pokemon. The trailers already confirm that Go and Rabbifoot will make up and that Go will make actual effort to train his Pokemon (which is a sign of positive development).

Also, is it just me, or are people literally forgetting that Go is a goddamn rookie trainer? Why is an inexperienced, flawed rookie trainer getting so much BS from the fandom? He is obviously depicted as a foil to Ash, both in terms of behavior and experience, but people go out of their way to act as if Go is (somehow) supposed to know better. He's never done this before. How can people learn without making mistakes? It's quite frankly embarrassing the lengths people will go to in order to morally condemn a literal kid who doesn't know better and is still in the process of growing and learning.

The very concept of "instead of fixing the problem between Go and Rabbifoot, let's give Rabbifoot to Ash!" is so insanely ludicrous it's hard to believe a sane person came up with it. There's no logic behind that argument, it's just pure spite towards a character (largely because that character dares to "steal" Ash's screentime. Nonsensical.)

LOL @ some of these takes.

So, instead of, you know, the writers taking advantage of this for Go's character to grow and learn from his mistakes, you want them to give Rabbifoot to Ash and in process turn Go into an even worse character who just abandons his first Pokemon? Brilliant. This is peak Ash-obsession that knows no logic.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but both Go and Rabbifoot are here to stay. Rabbifoot is not going to leave Go. Go is not going to release his Pokemon. The trailers already confirm that Go and Rabbifoot will make up and that Go will make actual effort to train his Pokemon (which is a sign of positive development).

Also, is it just me, or are people literally forgetting that Go is a goddamn rookie trainer? Why is an inexperienced, flawed rookie trainer getting so much BS from the fandom? He is obviously depicted as a foil to Ash, both in terms of behavior and experience, but people go out of their way to act as if Go is (somehow) supposed to know better. He's never done this before. How can people learn without making mistakes? It's quite frankly embarrassing the lengths people will go to in order to morally condemn a literal kid who doesn't know better and is still in the process of growing and learning.

The very concept of "instead of fixing the problem between Go and Rabbifoot, let's give Rabbifoot to Ash!" is so insanely ludicrous it's hard to believe a sane person came up with it. There's no logic behind that argument, it's just pure spite towards a character (largely because that character dares to "steal" Ash's screentime. Nonsensical.)

Lol, I think you have way too much faith in the writers. I sincerely doubt their ability to greatly take advantage of what you’ve just listed here as potential for Go to evolve as a trainer and a person

Saying this as a person who is ambivalent on Go

Status
Not open for further replies.