• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 19th: PM2019 022 - Farewell, Rabbifoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

LOL @ some of these takes.

So, instead of, you know, the writers taking advantage of this for Go's character to grow and learn from his mistakes, you want them to give Rabbifoot to Ash and in process turn Go into an even worse character who just abandons his first Pokemon? Brilliant. This is peak Ash-obsession that knows no logic.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but both Go and Rabbifoot are here to stay. Rabbifoot is not going to leave Go. Go is not going to release his Pokemon. The trailers already confirm that Go and Rabbifoot will make up and that Go will make actual effort to train his Pokemon (which is a sign of positive development).

Also, is it just me, or are people literally forgetting that Go is a goddamn rookie trainer? Why is an inexperienced, flawed rookie trainer getting so much BS from the fandom? He is obviously depicted as a foil to Ash, both in terms of behavior and experience, but people go out of their way to act as if Go is (somehow) supposed to know better. He's never done this before. How can people learn without making mistakes? It's quite frankly embarrassing the lengths people will go to in order to morally condemn a literal kid who doesn't know better and is still in the process of growing and learning.

The very concept of "instead of fixing the problem between Go and Rabbifoot, let's give Rabbifoot to Ash!" is so insanely ludicrous it's hard to believe a sane person came up with it. There's no logic behind that argument, it's just pure spite towards a character (largely because that character dares to "steal" Ash's screentime. Nonsensical.)

Not that I disagree with you because the upcoming episodes proved they're not parting ways in any way shape or form.

But I have to ask: Would Go be a worse character if he forced Raboot to stay with him or even to leave him in Hoenn over actually letting Raboot join Ash?

Because that's all I really see here. Is that because Go's feelings would be hurt or Go would be lacking Pokemon that somehow allowing Raboot to go with Ash somehow is a cardinal sin of sorts, or would make Go look bad.

I don't think the better solution is to NOT give a crap about what Raboot wants and just keep him on Go's team and force Raboot to "like him" at least in the context of that mentality.

Just like you said "Abandons his first Pokemon" how does Raboot wanting to go with Ash to battle for example means he's abandoning it, is Ash a worse trainer for abandoning Butterfree, Lapras, Goodra, Greninja, etc, etc. Is Jessie a horrible trainer for abandoning Dustox.

Everyone's talking about Go's character and his characterization, BUT isn't what Raboot wants more important?

I mean obviously nothing is going to happen, like the preview has Go say "Do you hate me that much?" only for it to be an obvious "No, you idiot, Raboot thinks you hate it" resolution of sorts, but for the sake of argument, in these type of contexts, why are people ignoring Raboot's feelings to say Ash is stealing Raboot for himself, or that Go is abandoning Pokemon.

I find that assertion FAR more ridiculous that to place Go on a pedestal that we should care about it comes at the cost of throwing Raboot and Raboot's feelings under the bus which is what Go has shown to do. Like Go is a rookie trainer, then why even make it a point to basically call his Scorbunny mentally/physically challenged/handicapped simply because it couldn't use ember instantaneously, as if Go even knows what the hell he's even talking about, though the episode CLEARLY showed that Go didn't know what he was talking about, and further didn't even apologize to Scorbunny/Raboot at all.

Like yes, this is to develop Go as a character, that's fine, that's what WILL happen. But under the sheer hypothetical assumption, Go can not raise Raboot the way Raboot wants to be raised/trained and Raboot wants to battle, how is Go allowing Raboot to choose to go to Ash anything other than showing that Go actually cares about Raboot's feelings?

You know as opposed to what the trailer is implying by abandoning Raboot without even saying goodbye, presumably. Who knows though what will actually happen.

I just find it weird that Go is somehow a bad trainer for letting Raboot join Ash while also completely ignoring Raboot's feelings and thoughts on the matter in the context of WHY Raboot joining Ash is a bad thing. Like could it not just simply be about Go. Go this, Go that, could we actually include Raboot here when discussing this theory, and actually care about what it wants/needs. Not what makes Go look bad or good as trainer. Since I think Go being purely selfish makes him look bad anyway but that's just my opinion.

I don't know, that's just my opinion, feel free to disagree with me. I mean after all people justified Go's treatment towards Scorbunny in that episode, so honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this entire argument boiled down to JUST being about Go, without any regard for Raboot anyway but maybe people can explain why I am wrong if I'm massively misinterpreting the point here.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!

So, instead of, you know, the writers taking advantage of this for Go's character to grow and learn from his mistakes, you want them to give Rabbifoot to Ash and in process turn Go into an even worse character who just abandons his first Pokemon? Brilliant. This is peak Ash-obsession that knows no logic.
The very concept of "instead of fixing the problem between Go and Rabbifoot, let's give Rabbifoot to Ash!" is so insanely ludicrous it's hard to believe a sane person came up with it. There's no logic behind that argument, it's just pure spite towards a character (largely because that character dares to "steal" Ash's screentime. Nonsensical.)
You already said it yourself (and you’re right) it’s purely spite-driven. Go is a character that “threatens” Satoshi in some manner and characters like these always get theirs heads on the chopping block series-by-series and vilified by the fan base. The idea that Go would give his first Pokémon to Satoshi just because they had one spat that obviously driven by character and narrative choices is taking something good and bending it in a way demonize the character. That being said this thread has been less a fair discussion of Go’s character and a parody discussion as any.

I (and others believe or not) have long since saw that and skipped on away from this thread, never got the appeal of wishing toxic stuff onto a character and clasping your hands in joy when something negative happens to them? (People cheering because his Kemusso evolve into Mayuld, because “take that?” Even though it was a comedy scene and Go and the Pokémon were all accepting of the evolution either way.) Love Satoshi, but you’re not going to have a fun time in discussions where Satoshi-circlejerking and explicit character-bashing is let run wild and hard. No ones discussing in good faith so it’s a waste of time.

Last edited:
I think the anime's handling of Rabbifoot has had the opposite effect on: I used to like the species more before Gou's Hibanny evolved into one. I guess that I just don't like it when the anime makes certain Pokemon quiet and stoic, because to me that isn't an entertaining personality trait.
Quiet and Stoic. Kind of like a specific species that the anime can't stop shoving down out throats. Tbh I think most people feel the same way but sometimes favoritism takes over and people just accept this type of personality.

You already said it yourself (and you’re right) it’s purely spite-driven. Go is a character that “threatens” Satoshi in some manner and characters like these always get theirs heads on the chopping block series-by-series and vilified by the fan base. The idea that Go would give his first Pokémon to Satoshi just because they had one spat that obviously driven by character and narrative choices is taking something good and bending it in a way demonize the character. That being said this thread has been less a fair discussion of Go’s character and a parody discussion as any.

I (and others believe or not) have long since saw that and skipped on away from this thread, never got the appeal of wishing toxic stuff onto a character and clasping your hands in joy when something negative happens to them? (People cheering because his Kemusso evolve into Mayuld, because “take that?” Even though it was a comedy scene and Go and the Pokémon were all accepting of the evolution either way.) Love Satoshi, but you’re not going to have a fun time in discussions where Satoshi-circlejerking and explicit character-bashing is let run wild and hard. No ones discussing in good faith so it’s a waste of time.

People always hate on characters, even if they mostly stay in the background. People hated Brock for not doing anything during DP then people hated Cilan for doing too much.

I was indifferent towards Go at the start but I am starting to like him. His growth is reasonable and his enthusiasm for his goal is quite likeable.

PAndrews

Why would it have to be "Go gives Raboot to Ash"? We've seen in the past that Pokemon can actually abandon their trainers if they don't like them (both Snivy and Froakie did this). It would actually be interesting to see the other side of it when such events happen, since its always been some nameless never shown trainer who lost the Pokemon. Having Raboot abandon Go and choosing to be with Ash (at least temporarily until they reconcile) would make a far more interesting story and character growth over a longer period of time then a quick 1 episode fix to the problem (which is most likely to happen).

Go's problem is he views Pokemon as collectables and ignores their desires, which is apparantly fine for most his captures since they are fine just chilling at the lab, but Raboot clearly wants more then that and Go's "don't bother changing" attitude is what led to their falling out (this problem is clearly shown in the Gengar episode in which Ash tries to help Gengar while Go was planning to quickly toss a Pokeball and snag it for himself). Him doing a 180 in one episode fixing everything between them would be a boring cop-out. Raboot (and potetially more of his Pokemon) abandoning him would serve to show him he needs to treat them better and bond with them and that they aren't mere collectables. Seeing his Raboot thrive and grow powerful in Ash's care could aid in him seeing what he was doing wrong and reconciling with Raboot (which they could even use as the trigger for its evolution into Cinderace when returned to Go to really empathise their growth)

That said, this preview shows Go at least attempting to indeed outright abandon his first Pokemon and I'm sure the writers will opt for the quick "everything is ok now" option within the same episode. Though if Raboot does stay with Go and all is well after this episode then they really need to change the way Go is capturing Pokemon or give him some goal beyond ball tosser, because as long as he can simply capture everything without having to weaken (or even battle) it first, he really doesn't need Raboot.

Sword master zacian

Why would it have to be "Go gives Raboot to Ash"? We've seen in the past that Pokemon can actually abandon their trainers if they don't like them (both Snivy and Froakie did this). It would actually be interesting to see the other side of it when such events happen, since its always been some nameless never shown trainer who lost the Pokemon. Having Raboot abandon Go and choosing to be with Ash (at least temporarily until they reconcile) would make a far more interesting story and character growth over a longer period of time then a quick 1 episode fix to the problem (which is most likely to happen).

Go's problem is he views Pokemon as collectables and ignores their desires, which is apparantly fine for most his captures since they are fine just chilling at the lab, but Raboot clearly wants more then that and Go's "don't bother changing" attitude is what led to their falling out (this problem is clearly shown in the Gengar episode in which Ash tries to help Gengar while Go was planning to quickly toss a Pokeball and snag it for himself). Him doing a 180 in one episode fixing everything between them would be a boring cop-out. Raboot (and potetially more of his Pokemon) abandoning him would serve to show him he needs to treat them better and bond with them and that they aren't mere collectables. Seeing his Raboot thrive and grow powerful in Ash's care could aid in him seeing what he was doing wrong and reconciling with Raboot (which they could even use as the trigger for its evolution into Cinderace when returned to Go to really empathise their growth)

That said, this preview shows Go at least attempting to indeed outright abandon his first Pokemon and I'm sure the writers will opt for the quick "everything is ok now" option within the same episode. Though if Raboot does stay with Go and all is well after this episode then they really need to change the way Go is capturing Pokemon or give him some goal beyond ball tosser, because as long as he can simply capture everything without having to weaken (or even battle) it first, he really doesn't need Raboot.
Everyone should understand by now that go works on pokemon go mechanics
In pokemon go nobody cares about what pokemon they catch they simple have the goal to fill pokedex just going in wild and catch by just throwing a pokeball and nothing more
The pokemon go fans atleast who are random who want to play only mobile games just catch and their relation is over. I mean just catch put into pc and mabe sometimes take them out for some battles (on which go is based on)
But in main series games people care about their pokemon like playing with them,camping,givong food etc. Which is on which ash is based on

As for raboot its his main pokemon i can't see it leaving go forever it can for atleast some but not forever

k6666

Pikachu Fan

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but both Go and Rabbifoot are here to stay. Rabbifoot is not going to leave Go. Go is not going to release his Pokemon. The trailers already confirm that Go and Rabbifoot will make up and that Go will make actual effort to train his Pokemon (which is a sign of positive development).

Also, is it just me, or are people literally forgetting that Go is a goddamn rookie trainer? Why is an inexperienced, flawed rookie trainer getting so much BS from the fandom? He is obviously depicted as a foil to Ash, both in terms of behavior and experience, but people go out of their way to act as if Go is (somehow) supposed to know better. He's never done this before. How can people learn without making mistakes? It's quite frankly embarrassing the lengths people will go to in order to morally condemn a literal kid who doesn't know better and is still in the process of growing and learning.

Welcome to toxic side of Pokemon fandom where everything non-ash character did better than ash is sin, if ash act like butt monkey, the series is bad, if someone teasing or ignore ash, he/she is bad person, everyone must praise ash, ash is new lord helix

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Welcome to toxic side of Pokemon fandom where everything non-ash character did better than ash is sin, if ash act like butt monkey, the series is bad, if someone teasing or ignore ash, he/she is bad person, everyone must praise ash, ash is new lord helix
Satoshi does something terrible or has poor writing.

*”That's just bad writing. It's not Satoshi’s fault."

*Companion do something the fandom disagrees with

"Here's my essay on why this character is evil."

That said, this preview shows Go at least attempting to indeed outright abandon his first Pokemon
Can’t tell if trolling or not.
and I'm sure the writers will opt for the quick "everything is ok now" option within the same episode. Though if Raboot does stay with Go and all is well after this episode then they really need to change the way Go is capturing Pokemon or give him some goal beyond ball tosser, because as long as he can simply capture everything without having to weaken (or even battle) it first,he really doesn't need Raboot.
Oh.

EDIT:
yes I realized I just replied to bait

Last edited:
Eh, Go is a boring character at the moment, so if this episode helps spice up his character I’m all for it. I’ve been pretty ambivalent on him since the series started

It’s not like Ash is especially interesting or fun in this series right now.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~

I've noticed quite a few people have wondered why Ash is (maybe) getting Sobble and why Gou got Scorbunny even though it probably makes more sense for them to switch Pokemon

I feel like they're reason for this is so they don't completely have an easy time raising their Pokemon

Gou has had pretty smooth sailing capturing Pokemon. If Raboot wasn't there Gou's story would be INCREDIBLY boring

Likewise Sobble's (and Grookey too probably) probably there to keep Ash's journey from being too easy since he's catching OP Pokemon and their still pretty weak Pokemon.

Would you watch a series where Ash and Gou had a 100% easy time handling their Pokemon without any struggles or conflict? Well I know I can't speak for everyone else here but I know that I definitely wouldn't. Because I'd find that boring af honestly.

D

Deleted member 384931

I dont see why Raboot evolving here would work. I mean unless Gou catches Grookey, later his fully evolved Pokémon cant have alot of development

MimikyuPika

i don't think raboot will be with ash plus it might be like the Pikachu's goodbye my prediction is that raboot will go with the wild pokemon and then it will start missing go so before they go to kanto raboot will come back to go and will start obeying him like when he was a scorbunny

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
The amount of bitter people who want Raboot to go to Ash just to fulfill their hate fantasies of Go is truly dumbfounding. Go is here to stay for the next two years if not longer if they keep him, I think it’d be in your best interest to get used to him rather than constantly undercutting him at every turn because you’ll only accept Ash.

I can’t even say I have a huge amount of passion for him, but I’m so sick of the constant disses on him for not being Ash and for making rookie mistakes because he’s a rookie. If he was a girl character I’d say he’d be beloved, but Iris got the same amount of ridiculous hate all because she dared to “criticize” Ash, so whatever.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
If he was a girl character I’d say he’d be beloved, but Iris got the same amount of ridiculous hate all because she dared to “criticize” Ash, so whatever.
Oh no, she was right in criticizing Ash (mostly because BW made him an idiot for her character "dynamic" to work, which was stupid in itself).

She wasn't right on doing that when she herself was a hypocrite and no better than him, though, which got really annoying.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I dont see why Raboot evolving here would work. I mean unless Gou catches Grookey, later his fully evolved Pokémon cant have alot of development

I think he's going to catch Morpeko (or Eevee) to replace Cinderace as his cutesy shoulder Mon. Morpeko can't evolve so it can stay like forever. Eevee could be another option due to the shows "Let's Go" influence and it's the second Mascot of the series after Pikachu.

The same reaction as Scorbunny evolving: denial then people saying how much they miss Raboot.
Ngl, I kind of miss Scorbunny.
The amount of bitter people who want Raboot to go to Ash just to fulfill their hate fantasies of Go is truly dumbfounding. Go is here to stay for the next two years if not longer if they keep him, I think it’d be in your best interest to get used to him rather than constantly undercutting him at every turn because you’ll only accept Ash.

I can’t even say I have a huge amount of passion for him, but I’m so sick of the constant disses on him for not being Ash and for making rookie mistakes because he’s a rookie. If he was a girl character I’d say he’d be beloved, but Iris got the same amount of ridiculous hate all because she dared to “criticize” Ash, so whatever.
Iirc the hate intensified after she won against Ash in that Don Tournament. For some reason many people who didn't hate her character before began to do so after Ash lost to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.