• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 19th: PM2019 022 - Farewell, Rabbifoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

dman_dustin

And we can all agree Goomy's evolutions made no sense at least.

It technically made sense it just wasn't paced properly. What I mean is, Goomy fully evolving into Goodra made sense in the context they REALLY wanted Ash's battle with Clemont to have Goodra vs Luxray at the end.

I think they wanted to avoid Pikachu winning against another electric gym leader again (maybe as heavy criticism from Best Wishes), and Ash just didn't have any other Pokemon, plus they probably felt weird about Ash only really having Pikachu to help against that gym.

So Goomy was caught, fully evolved, and then released early simply because it was used as a primary Pokemon against Clemont and wanted Ash to have stronger Pokemon than normal fighting Clemont.

But yes it was badly paced, perhaps if Ash caught Goomy right after Hawlucha as like a double capture type plot (or at least a few episodes after Hawlucha), the 21 episode difference would've made a lot more sense, then we could've had Sliggoo for longer.

Edit: As an aside, this generation (6th gen I mean) introduced the least amount of Pokemon but there sure was a LOT of flying types introduced. Poor ground and bug types.

2nd Edit: As for Raboot evolving, it might be too soon it's only been 5 episodes, but if they're willing to evolve Scorbunny after 17 episodes (well minus the number of episodes Scorbunny wasn't caught or even in), then evolving quickly just is what they're going for. Preferring Cinderace to the pre-evolutions.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It technically made sense it just wasn't paced properly. What I mean is, Goomy fully evolving into Goodra made sense in the context they REALLY wanted Ash's battle with Clemont to have Goodra vs Luxray at the end.
It evolved during its own Rain Dance. That's perhaps just as insulting as its horrendously low battle record.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN said:
Glow scene is probably just an impact animation for Ember to hit its target while training. I don't see Raboot evolving that quickly.

I never gave much thought to the "glow" that people kept talking about, but my main reason for not expecting Rabbifoot to evolve here is that there hasn't been that much [solo] Aceburn merchandise: so far from what I can remember, all the merchandise that it's gotten lately has shown Intereon and Gorirander with it without Aceburn being singled out.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Really want him to stay as Raboot since I'm all for the hot topic teen angst style. He and Sobble have some of the best mid era evos for starters since Gen 1

Red and Blue

Really want him to stay as Raboot since I'm all for the hot topic teen angst style. He and Sobble have some of the best mid era evos for starters since Gen 1
The fact that Ember resembles Pyro Ball tells me Raboot will become Cinderace eventually. If not this episode then sometime in the near future.
Sooo is Galarian Zigzagoon debuting here?
Doubt it since this is set in Hoenn instead of Galar. Though like Kanto Farfetch'd Go could make a point to mention that Zigzagoon are only two staged Pokemon

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The fact that Ember resembles Pyro Ball tells me Raboot will become Cinderace eventually. If not this episode then sometime in the near future.

Doubt it since this is set in Hoenn instead of Galar. Though like Kanto Farfetch'd Go could make a point to mention that Zigzagoon are only two staged Pokemon
Never said it would not just said Raboot is my pref

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Honestly, I think Gen 3 and 5 are tied for best mid-evo starters overall where all 3 have solid designs. That's just me though.

Anyway, Raboot grew on me. The anime is quite good on making like/see the appeal of pokémon I wouldn't otherwise.

Raboot is joining Aipom, Oshawott and Hawlucha in that personal list :p

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Wtf, Goomy’s arc was great. That one Pokémon had more personality and more thought put into him than any of the current PM Pokémon right now.

People are still just bitter about the fact Sliggoo evolved using its own Rain Dance, despite the fact that by anime standards it would make sense.. since the weather was then rain, regardless of how it occurred..

People are still just bitter about the fact Sliggoo evolved using its own Rain Dance, despite the fact that by anime standards it would make sense.. since the weather was then rain, regardless of how it occurred..

Was that really the reason? I always thought it was because Goomy evolved quick just to be released.

It is true that he did evolve relatively fast, but he definitely packed a punch in terms of character and story writing in XY. His two episode arc in which he ended up being released was really heartwarming.

Will always remember the big cuddly dragon fondly. Unlike a similar dragon right now, he was just brimming with personality with a powerful backstory and reason to become strong

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Was that really the reason? I always thought it was because Goomy evolved quick just to be released.

It is true that he did evolve relatively fast, but he definitely packed a punch in terms of character and story writing in XY. His two episode arc in which he ended up being released was really heartwarming.

Will always remember the big cuddly dragon fondly. Unlike a similar dragon right now, he was just brimming with personality with a powerful backstory and reason to become powerful

I think its really a mix of the two.. there was an uproar that he basically just evolved so quick to give Ash a Pokemon strong enough for Clemont's gym (although that wasn't even necessary because they didn't need to give Clemont a powerful Luxray to start with), but there was also the complaining about how it evolved, which I still strongly believe made enough sense for it to occur..

I mean, people will always complain regardless, but the way Goodra and Noivern were handled is a big gripe that people have with XY.

I think its really a mix of the two.. there was an uproar that he basically just evolved so quick to give Ash a Pokemon strong enough for Clemont's gym (although that wasn't even necessary because they didn't need to give Clemont a powerful Luxray to start with), but there was also the complaining about how it evolved, which I still strongly believe made enough sense for it to occur..

I mean, people will always complain regardless, but the way Goodra and Noivern were handled is a big gripe that people have with XY.

I just finished my XY rewatch so maybe I try and see the insight in this.

I can definitely see the logic in why people would think that, especially considering Goodra did well, get released 3 episodes after the gym battle and Goomy appeared just 12 episodes before the gym battle in the first place.

Noivern’s another one that does get a fair share of slack. As of finishing XY, Noibat is another really cute Pokémon with a lot of personality. I do distinctly remember that Noivern never got much focus at all in XYZ save that one Zapdos episode so complaints about him are more justified probably

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I just finished my XY rewatch so maybe I try and see the insight in this.

I can definitely see the logic in why people would think that, especially considering Goodra did well, get released 3 episodes after the gym battle and Goomy appeared just 12 episodes before the gym battle in the first place.

Noivern’s another one that does get a fair share of slack. As of finishing XY, Noibat is another really cute Pokémon with a lot of personality. I do distinctly remember that Noivern never got much focus at all in XYZ save that one Zapdos episode so complaints about him are more justified probably

I think the problem with goodra is that well it didn't really have to be released considering florges became its friend and all. The only reason they had him leave was to make ash less powerful, and that kinda leaves a sour taste in the mouth when you consider goodra did come back only to perform horribly. I wish it was more like gliscor where it came back, did stuff at the league and went with Ash in the end.

Red and Blue

They will probably show a Galarian Zigzagoon on the third Galar trip. Especially if Team Yell will debut then

Status
Not open for further replies.