• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 19th: SM70 - Protect the Farm! The Blue Flame Strikes Back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

They're counting Turtonator's loss to Marowak and Marowak's loss to Turtonator in the rematch. Both from SM33.

Marowak’s loss shouldn’t count because it was still a wild Pokémon when it loss and therefore not on Kiawe’s team until after the battle. Also we shouldn’t count battles against wild Pokémon because then we have to count all the battles that Ash lost to wild Pokémon as well

DatsRight

Kiawe got stomped by both Samson Oak and Masked Royal as well, though in fairness so did everyone else that faced them, so it's not much of a blemish of his track record.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Kiawe is the strong Trainer of the group, so he's basically doomed to suffer the Worf Effect by default. Of course, I still expect him to win the second fight.

DatsRight

Kiawe is the strong Trainer of the group, so he's basically doomed to suffer the Worf Effect by default. Of course, I still expect him to win the second fight.

Ash and Kiawe take the most worfings this series, though they're saved by the fact most of the other characters aren't battle centric anyway, meaning rather than someone else taking their place afterwards, they usually just get to recover and redeem themselves.

nickdt

Marowak’s loss shouldn’t count because it was still a wild Pokémon when it loss and therefore not on Kiawe’s team until after the battle. Also we shouldn’t count battles against wild Pokémon because then we have to count all the battles that Ash lost to wild Pokémon as well

We should count only OFFICIAL battles (Battles that have an officially acknowledged Pokemon League referee/tournaments), else its gets confusing as hell, since it means we also have to count the wins/losses against Team Rocket, which means Win/loss ratio for some Pokemon turn out differently (Pidgeot and Torterra as prime examples) or training battles between 2 trainers where one Pokemon knocks out the other (Mega Lucario vs Pikachu outside the gym battle for example).

Going back on-topic: Marowak losing the first battle is actually logical, since it means Kiawe has to come up with an alternate strategy in the rematch (Its basically mimicking Turtonator vs Marowak), and then it might get the win in the rematch.

Master Pikachu 11

We should count only OFFICIAL battles (Battles that have an officially acknowledged Pokemon League referee/tournaments), else its gets confusing as hell, since it means we also have to count the wins/losses against Team Rocket, which means Win/loss ratio for some Pokemon turn out differently (Pidgeot and Torterra as prime examples) or training battles between 2 trainers where one Pokemon knocks out the other (Mega Lucario vs Pikachu outside the gym battle for example).

Going back on-topic: Marowak losing the first battle is actually logical, since it means Kiawe has to come up with an alternate strategy in the rematch (Its basically mimicking Turtonator vs Marowak), and then it might get the win in the rematch.

But Marowak was still a wild Pokémon and therefore should not count until it was caught otherwise we might as well also count Palpatoad’s loss to Oshawott before Ash captured it as well. Only battles against other trainers minus team rocket and battle’s that lead to earning something important like trials with Totems and their allies should count.

p96822

Evolve me please
Okay I'm going to have to be a little bit more clear about what I mean about Kaiwe loses. One I'm counting the lost agianst Brock and Marowak, two I'm was counting the new lose in this episode of Electivire defeating both Turtonator and Marowak and three I don't count Marowak losing to Turtonator as a wild Pokemon on Kaiwe record. I only count loses when it the trainer own the Pokemon not when it a wild Pokemon. I could said that Marowak losing to Turtonator on Marowak and not Kaiwe.

Master Pikachu 11

Okay I'm going to have to be a little bit more clear about what I mean about Kaiwe loses. One I'm counting the lost agianst Brock and Marowak, two I'm was counting the new lose in this episode of Electivire defeating both Turtonator and Marowak and three I don't count Marowak losing to Turtonator as a wild Pokemon on Kaiwe record. I only count loses when it the trainer own the Pokemon not when it a wild Pokemon. I could said that Marowak losing to Turtonator on Marowak and not Kaiwe.

You shouldn’t count wins and losses against wild Pokémon to begin with. Otherwise you would have to count all of the battles Ash has had with wild Pokémon as wins and losses as well like Oshawott beating Palpatoad, Pikachu defeating Turtwig, Bulbasaur etc. Hawlucha and Froakie tying. I mean if your going to include battles with wild Pokémon then you should also include battles with TR and TS. What Marowak did before it became Kiawe’s is irrelevant as soon as it was captured it’s wins and losses have now reseted and any battle it gets into it will be on Kiawe’s record as well since he is the one that will call for what moves his Pokémon should do. Right now Marowak is 0-1 with its loss against Royal Mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.