• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 1st: PM2019 103/104 - VS Elite Four 1 Hour Battle Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

I'm guessing after Ash's supposed victory in his elite four battle, his rank will put him in the Master's Class. It seems this ascension would be legitimate, seeing how this is a 1 hour special.

My only concern is will all the Master Class battles be 1 vs 1 , or will the final battle with Leon be 6 vs 6. Now that I think about it, I guess paul will likely be a member of the Masters 8, making him Ash's secondary rival to defeat before facing Leon.
It won’t put him in the Master Class, he should beat a member of the Master class which would be Flint in order to get into the Master class. Beating another hyper class opponent shouldn’t automatically put him in the Master class when Master class is different from all the other ranks.
There's no indication he'll even BE in 104.
I mean what kind of friend would Clemont be if he does not show up to see Ash battle. I mean after all he is helping him prepare for the battle in the episode before the battle so he and Bonnie should be there to cheer him on again similar to Korrina

I want to see:

-Flashbacks from XY (Preferably we see Serena briefly)
-The first episode sort of focused on training the duck and the fish
-An epic battle, hopefully both of Ash's members beat one of Drasna's Pokemon each, with Sirfetch'd winning ultimately.
-Nice animation and stuff

What I do not want to see (which is pretty much unavoidable):

-Hate from the fanbase

UnovaMaster

I genuinely think Ash-Sirfetch'd is about to become a thing, we haven't done Bond Phenomenon yet on Ash's gimmick list

Plus Greninja when it comes back gets to make a new friend like it

The only crying shame is that it's not Ash-Dracovish

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Mr fish doesn’t need any upgrade, it’s gonna fishious rend those dragons and ice fang it like the champion’s dragonite , Mr fish the best

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Really want with clemont and bonnie returns my favourite characters so if we get a flashback with serena obviously as clemont and ash battle back in xy flashback with I hope we get a greninja and goodra flashback as well

Regarding battle against drasna kalos elite 4 at last make an appearance I would like for ash sirfetchd and dracovish to learn new move here thus battle will be intersting with I hope they show us the training for dracovish and sirfetchd before the battle

Last edited:

Xuxuba

Voldemort Clemont is killing me.

Drasna looks badass. Glad she is finally getting her appearence.

I'll watch the first one to see if Clemont or Bonnie got any upgrades. I wish they would get rid of this stupid must be 10 rule and just let Bonnie own Dedenne already I mean literal 5 year olds in the games have pokemon and battles.

The second episode doesn't interest me in the slightest unless that elite 4 lady whoops Ash's butt and especially those two, I might watch just to laugh lol.
To be fair, that rule never stopped Bonnie from using Dedenne in battles (tho she mainly had him as a pet), so even if it was technically Clemont's pokémon, it never really felt as his.
That said, i do agree that rule never made much sense when we often saw preschoolers battling.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Hope the battle actually starts in 104... but that would mean devoting a whole match to 105 which is a no-no for Journeys heh
You meant 103 and 104 respectively? Because 105 is TRio's 25th anniversary episode.
Voldemort Clemont is killing me.

Drasna looks badass. Glad she is finally getting her appearence.

To be fair, that rule never stopped Bonnie from using Dedenne in battles (tho she mainly had him as a pet), so even if it was technically Clemont's pokémon, it never really felt as his.
That said, i do agree that rule never made much sense when we often saw preschoolers battling.
I think the 10 y/o rule is only applicable to getting trainer licenses, and only people with trainer licenses can compete in officiated battles or competitions (Gyms, Leagues, PWC, BF etc.). On top of that, they're eligible to receiving a starter from a Professor figure, as well as Dex. Those underage kids who battle aren't necessarily competing in official matches, only exhibition/friendly/practice battles.

That's just my headcanon though, and I know there might be a couple of examples to contradict it.

Last edited:

AJ97

Given that Ash greninja was Ash's first Pokemon that actually forced a Regional Champion to take him seriously and also put up an even fight against an Elite four Tier Pokemon (Alain's Charizard), I think it would've been all the more perfect if Ash used it in this battle especially given that it is in Kalos.

A 3v3 battle (Giving opportunity for Sirfetchd to shine) but ending with a fight between Mega Altaria and Ash Greninja.
Wasted Opportunity IMO.

Hopefully, they reserve an even better opponent like Diantha for Ash Greninja in the future.

AJ97

It won’t put him in the Master Class, he should beat a member of the Master class which would be Flint in order to get into the Master class. Beating another hyper class opponent shouldn’t automatically put him in the Master class when Master class is different from all the other ranks.

I mean what kind of friend would Clemont be if he does not show up to see Ash battle. I mean after all he is helping him prepare for the battle in the episode before the battle so he and Bonnie should be there to cheer him on again similar to Korrina
Until now, Ash has always fought trainers < than the class above while ascending classes. (He never fought a Great Class or Hyper Class Trainer before advancing to the respective class).

That said, given how small the Master Class is, I think it would make sense if they allow the 9th Ranked Hyper Class Trainer to Challenge the 8th Ranked Master Class Trainer like you said, for a position in the Master Class.

Xuxuba

I think the 10 y/o rule is only applicable to getting trainer licenses, and only people with trainer licenses can compete in officiated battles or competitions (Gyms, Leagues, PWC, BF etc.). On top of that, they're eligible to receiving a starter from a Professor figure, as well as Dex. Those underage kids who battle aren't necessarily competing in official matches, only exhibition/friendly/practice battles.

That's just my headcanon though, and I know there might be a couple of examples to contradict it.
Yeah, i think that is the case for the anime. Tho it's a bit weirder in the games as you will often see them challenging battle facilities and gyms. But to be fair it wouldn't be the first time the show deviates completely from the original. And maybe there doesn't even exist an age limit in the games' universe.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The "you need to be 10 to be a Trainer" thing is an anime invention, the games have never implied this. It's just an inconsistency between different media.

Xuxuba

The "you need to be 10 to be a Trainer" thing is an anime invention, the games have never implied this. It's just an inconsistency between different media.
Yeah i believe most MCs are not even said to be 10 either and age is barely mentioned at all too. Hence why i didn't though that rule applied to the games, but couldn't say for sure whether there was any age restrictions to being a trainer as there are so many entrees and they often gloss over details like these. Glad got a confirmation from someone else.
That said, it's still a bit weird how the games are filled with trainer classes that are much younger than 10 compared to the anime that has them considerably alienated from pokémon for the most part (tho it does have a few exceptions i reckon).

@Interviews
Gotta say, kinda depressing how the siblings didn't get to meet in the studio. Still happy to see Mariya got to see Rica and the rest of the staff in person. They all seemed to like each other very much in the interviews from back then.

Last edited:

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Yeah i believe most MCs are not even said to be 10 either and age is barely mentioned at all too. Hence why i didn't though that rule applied to the games, but couldn't say for sure whether there was any age restrictions to being a trainer as there are so many entrees and they often gloss over details like these. Glad got a confirmation from someone else.
That said, it's still a bit weird how the games are filled with trainer classes that are much younger than 10 compared to the anime that has them considerably alienated from pokémon for the most part (tho it does have a few exceptions i reckon).

@Interviews
Gotta say, kinda depressing how the siblings didn't get to meet in the studio. Still happy to see Mariya got to see Rica and the rest of the staff in person. They all seemed to like each other very much in the interviews from back then.

We know some of the MC ages:

Red: 11 in RBGY, 14 in GSC, around 20 in SM
Ethan: Same age as Red in RBGY
Hilbert: 17
Nate: 14
Calem: 14-16
Sun: 11

Blood Red

【推しの子】
We know some of the MC ages:

Red: 11 in RBGY, 14 in GSC, around 20 in SM
Ethan: Same age as Red in RBGY
Hilbert: 17
Nate: 14
Calem: 14-16
Sun: 11
Pretty sure Hilbert/Hilda are 14-15, while Calem and Serena are 17-18 (since they're older than Emma, who is canonically 16).

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Gotta say, kinda depressing how the siblings didn't get to meet in the studio.

Anime studios still have heavy anti-Corona measures in place and don't allow too many people to record together, I believe. Several other VAs have mentioned how sad they were they had to record major scenes without the person they're supposed to interact with present.

SatoSereFan224888

Nice, try reread again since page 1.
Oh sorry. Honestly Ash would have been better off just bringing Chloe instead of Goh. I think Goh has an unhealthy clingy relationship with Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.