• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 1st: PM2019 103/104 - VS Elite Four 1 Hour Battle Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Oh sorry. Honestly Ash would have been better off just bringing Chloe instead of Goh. I think Goh has an unhealthy clingy relationship with Ash.
Really?....
First you wanted Ash not to interact any with Chloe and suddenly you want now, lol

Megapixel

I have reason to believe that Ash's match against Drasna will mainly be Dracovish's battle.

That is that Sirfetch'd has already had a rival in Rinto's Gallade which it trained to defeat under the tutelage of Wilkstrom.

Ash's other party pokémon have also received a similar treatment; with Dragonite beating Iris' Haxorus, Lucario's Growth/ME arc used to overcome Bea's Grapploct and defeat her Machamp, Gengar's Gigantamax Arc as set-up to defeat Marnie's Grimsnarl, and Pikachu arguably being advertised as the one that will defeat Leon's Charizard in the openings.

So I think that the first half of the special will also be used as build up for Dracovish to deliver the finishing blow to Drasna's Mega Altaria.
even though Sirfetch'd has appeared in 4 episodes? and it is supposed that in episode 103 they are specially training him? yes, sirfetch'd will be the main pokémon

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart

Ultra Beast Lover

I think Goh has an unhealthy clingy relationship with Ash.
How? Sure, Go's around a lot and gets jealous sometimes but the former is because they're both protagonists and the latter is because, while he has improved, Go's just not that great at the friendship thing. He's gotten better and less prone to jealousy but he's still learning. Honestly, Pikachu is way clingier with Ash.

TheNewGuy

I've only read the first few pages here but why does Ash have to battle Raihan to enter master rank? Can't Raihan be in the final tournament? I always imagined it would be Raihan, Cynthia, Leon in that order.

This special is really exciting to me. I wonder where Paul comes into the equation though. Is he still as strong as Ash? Would he be a PWC opponent? Interesting to see how that'll shake out.

ShadowForce720

I've only read the first few pages here but why does Ash have to battle Raihan to enter master rank? Can't Raihan be in the final tournament? I always imagined it would be Raihan, Cynthia, Leon in that order.

This special is really exciting to me. I wonder where Paul comes into the equation though. Is he still as strong as Ash? Would he be a PWC opponent? Interesting to see how that'll shake out.
Just pointing this out but the one in position number 8 that Ash would battle to take their spot and get into the Master Class is Flint and not Raihan.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
I've always assumed entry into the Master class works the same as every other class: climb up the ranks by battling members of your own class and move into another class when your ranking is in the respective range. I don't understand where this idea of battling the trainer at position 8 to enter the Master class came from, because there's absolutely no basis to this theory when we know you can only battle trainers belonging to the same class.

Ash will simply beat a highly ranked Hyper class opponent, move up above the 9th spot and kick out whichever Masters 8 member is ranked the lowest. You could argue that it isn't fair to get demoted when you haven't lost a battle, but that's exactly how it works in the other classes as well so I don't see why that's so unbelievable.

ShadowForce720

I've always assumed entry into the Master class works the same as every other class: climb up the ranks by battling members of your own class and move into another class when your ranking is in the respective range. I don't understand where this idea of battling the trainer at position 8 to enter the Master class came from, because there's absolutely no basis to this theory when we know you can only battle trainers belonging to the same class.

Ash will simply beat a highly ranked Hyper class opponent, move up above the 9th spot and kick out whichever Masters 8 member is ranked the lowest. You could argue that it isn't fair to get demoted when you haven't lost a battle, but that's exactly how it works in the other classes as well so I don't see why that's so unbelievable.
Because the Master Class is not like the other classes it’s the Top 8 trainers in the PWC. Also if Ash’s doesn’t need to battle Flint to take his position then there would be no point in showing Flint ranking down to rank 8 or even showing anyone in the rank 8 position before Ash because they wouldn’t be relevant since Ash isn’t going to battle them.

Just like how we never saw the trainers who had Ash’s ranking before he took it over. It makes perfect sense that since the Master Class is the the top 8 trainers that how you enter it would be different from how you enter the other classes.

Literally the only reason to show Flint ranking down from 7 to 8 in rank would be if they plan on Ash having to battle him to take his spot otherwise there is no point in showing Flint ranking down to position 8.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Feels weird that they are letting Ash battle an Elite 4 member and that he will most likely win. Drasna is a solid choice and she‘ll use Mega Evolution and Ash most likely Dracovish after the practice battle with Clemont, so wins on every level.

I would even appreciate a mention of Iris.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I just hope some of the M8 battles involve bringing reserves back. It doesn't feel like the pinnacle of all Ash's journeys if you don't bring the Pokemon that helped him reach this level.
A victory vs Drasna means every pokémon of Ash had their time to power up and shine:
Lucario: Bea, mega evolution and new move
Pikachu: Volkner, return of Z-move
Gengar: Marnie, gigantamax and new moves
Dragonite: Iris and new move
Dracovish and Sirfetch'd: Drasna and new moves
So while I still think it's unlikely, at least this opens up more space to possibly have reserves

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I'll watch the first one to see if Clemont or Bonnie got any upgrades. I wish they would get rid of this stupid must be 10 rule and just let Bonnie own Dedenne already I mean literal 5 year olds in the games have pokemon and battles.

The second episode doesn't interest me in the slightest unless that elite 4 lady whoops Ash's butt and especially those two, I might watch just to laugh lol.
If I'm not mistaken it was already said in the interview Bonnie is still too young to have a pokémon

Ultra Beast Lover

I think Bonnie technically already owns Dedenne. Yeah, Clemont has its pokeball but I think it's pretty clear that the moment she turns ten, Dedenne will be her starter.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Hmmm....Ash-Greninja vs. Mega-Altaria?

Also, I get the feeling Dracovish might evolve because there was some Arctovish merch a while back.
1. There will not Ash-Greninja, maybe guess will be a Ash-Sirfetch'd.
2. 4 galar fossils have not evolutions line, only fossils items to revive them.

Status
Not open for further replies.