• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 23rd: PM2019 063 - Challenge! The Pokémon Water Obstacle Course!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

They never said that's the certain reason for Eevee's incapacity of evolving, it's was a speculation, so the real reason could be that Eevee have the G-max gene that make her unable of evolving
I got the opposite impression. Eevee couldn't evolve even when exposed to the evolutionary stones, which is something that's NOT really a choice. That's why Pikachu always runs away from the Thunderstone, cause if he got exposed to it then that's it. A pokemon can't refuse to evolve once that happens.

So Eeeve clearly can't evolve, which likely means she has the Gigamax factor.

Agreed, I can't see any other reason why Eevee couldn't evolve.

But what I don't get is, if the reason Eevee can't evolve is because she will go G-Max and G-Max pokemon can't evolve, why did Pikachu run away from the Thunderstone in the Raichu episode? Pikachu can G-Max, which means if he was exposed to the Thunderstone he would still not evolve.

Of course Pikachu wouldn't know this, but I think it's inconsistent writting to keep that gag going when it doesn't make sense anymore. They could've just showed us Pikachu being accidentally exposed to it, only to not evolve and then explain the Gigamax factor thing.
Normally but if you look at how it’s being handled they specifically go out of their way to have Chloe’s Eevee look up to the Eeveelutions and emphasize the idea of it evolving.

Plus if the idea was that Chloe’s Eevee was truly incapable of evolving then their was no reason for them to go out of their way to speculate that Eevee wasn’t evolving because it wasn’t sure what path it would take.

No matter how you try to argue it, it seems pretty weird for them to specifically go out of their way to emphasize Chloe’s Eevee evolving and then speculate that it’s not evolving because it’s unsure what path to take if it was truly evolve.

There is no reason to set up the Eeveelutions as paths Chloe’s Eevee could take if her Eevee was truly incapable of evolving.

Heck Chloe’s Eevee being unsure of what path it wants to take is further emphasize by the fact that Eevee looks up to the Eeveelutions and seems to try to copy them and now it seems to be getting episodes dedicated to it learning about it’s evolutions.

The whole idea that it is impossible for Chloe’s Eevee to evolve directly contradicts and undermines the story they seem to be going with for her Eevee.

Because what’s the point in having it spend time learning about the different Eeveelutions as potential paths it could take as if it has multiple paths but then turn around and reveal that no, it never had a choice in the matter and the only path available to it is G-Max.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

I got the opposite impression. Eevee couldn't evolve even when exposed to the evolutionary stones, which is something that's NOT really a choice. That's why Pikachu always runs away from the Thunderstone, cause if he got exposed to it then that's it. A pokemon can't refuse to evolve once that happens.

So Eeeve clearly can't evolve, which likely means she has the Gigamax factor.

Agreed, I can't see any other reason why Eevee couldn't evolve.

But what I don't get is, if the reason Eevee can't evolve is because she will go G-Max and G-Max pokemon can't evolve, why did Pikachu run away from the Thunderstone in the Raichu episode? Pikachu can G-Max, which means if he was exposed to the Thunderstone he would still not evolve.

Of course Pikachu wouldn't know this, but I think it's inconsistent writting to keep that gag going when it doesn't make sense anymore. They could've just showed us Pikachu being accidentally exposed to it, only to not evolve and then explain the Gigamax factor thing.

They never said that's the certain reason for Eevee's incapacity of evolving, it's was a speculation, so the real reason could be that Eevee have the G-max gene that make her unable of evolving

Except that's the problem. These are researchers and scientists that specialize in Eevee, it wouldn't make sense for them to not argue thst Eevee is scientifically incapable of evolving.

The fact they're speculating that Eevee is indecisive and that's why it won't evolve means they think it is scientifically capable of evolving and they dismissed biological mechanisms as a cause which means it has to be psychological in nature.

Because no dumb ass scientist worth their weight in salt as a scientist would not see the clearly obvious biological failure after three stone failures. Like it shouldn't be up for debate. Eevee would have to broken and physically incapable of evolving.,Unless as researchers / scientists they excluded that reason because of factors and reasons that exclude that assumption.

In other words I refuse to believe they are as dumb as you both of you are making them out to be, because they couldn't possibly understand an Eevee being incapable of evolving. There's literally no way. It has to be a binary observation here. It can evolve or it can't evolve (capable vs incapable). There can't be any confusion here given who they are.

The only exception I'm making here is if the writers don't want to dig themselves into a hole and thus they are that stupid, however that just confirms it is psychological and not biological especially the middle ground theory that this Eevee can only evolve into a particular species but that contradicts the whole indecisive plot unless they are saying Koharu only has one possible future and stop trying other things....but I doubt their message is that rigid. More likely the message is to appreciate what you do along the way until you find what you are looking for.

kickachu

Momentai!
What you think the prize will be?

LucasMV

In other words I refuse to believe they are as dumb as you both of you are making them out to be, because they couldn't possibly understand an Eevee being incapable of evolving. There's literally no way. It has to be a binary observation here. It can evolve or it can't evolve (capable vs incapable). There can't be any confusion here given who they are.
You have a point, but still, they've never showed us a pokemon refusing to evolve after being exposed to an evolutionary stone in the anime before.

Heck, there's a whole thing, that happens every single series, where Pikachu runs away from a Thunderstone like his life depends on it. If he could just choose not to evolve despite being exposed to it, like you believe Eevee is doing, then how do you explain that?

Considering 8th gen games introduced a mechanic that makes some first stage pokemon (Pikachu, Meowth and Eevee) be able to G-Max, but not be able to evolve because of being genetically different, I think the most likely scenario is that that's what's happening to Eevee.

Specially considering we have already seen Pikachu's and Meowth's G-Max, and Eevee's new thing on the current gen is it's G-Max form. It's pretty obvious from my perspective, but ofc I could be wrong.
I hope it's a pokémon egg (and Koharu gets it), but knowing the writers it will probably be something useless that won't appear after this episode
So, like most of Go's pokemon?

Her Eevee is a product of Let’s Go Eevee marketing and I have my doubts that it is going to evolve since it is the only Eevee that has been on the cast that has a unique hairstyle, which is also the only feature that you could use for your Eevee in the Let’s Go games.
Also, Lana became a Cotd, she is not very important now

Jangobadass

Surprise!
You have a point, but still, they've never showed us a pokemon refusing to evolve after being exposed to an evolutionary stone in the anime before.
What about Snowy in SM? She (wisely) straight up refused.

Though I'm a little surprised they never bought it up after that. I thought they'd save Snowy evolving for later...then it never happened at all. :confused:

Jangobadass

Surprise!
I still believe Shiron will evolve. I'm convinced a Mohn rescue episode is happening, otherwise why show that Lillie is getting closer in the Alola episode instead of them just already being back with Mohn or just leave out Lillie at all and just say she's still looking instead of showing it so explicitly.

I know, right?

They could've just as easily NOT shown Lillie at all, or had her a few second still picture without her talking while another classmate narrated. Arcues know they didn't need to show Gladion at all, let alone give him dialogue.

Chances are they won't do anything with it, but that's a fair distance to go for an update that could've been handled a lot simpler or even not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.