• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 24: XY025 - Cyllage Gym Match! Pikachu VS Tyrunt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
What if Fletchling is the star?[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/8f70c6ea.gif[/img139]

Pikachu VS. Tyrunt seems to be the main show so I'm guessing the bird flops after possibly taking out Onix after Froakie returns and is sent to battle Tyrunt after the latter kills the birdy.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The more I think about it (and this is just speculation) didn't the Battle Chateau episode hint at Ash returning to increase his rank there? If so, giving Ash an advantage here allows him to win and get his Badge while keeping Grant a threat for a possible second battle between the two.

Assuming of course there's more than one battle chateau since that could've been a one time deal.

As for the 3 vs 2 GL's make the rules, if you don't like it you go somewhere else because you must obey them.

I expect we'll be seeing lots of switching in this fight from Ash's side.

Reactions: Dax

Nacreous

Fire trainer
What if Fletchling is the star?[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/8f70c6ea.gif[/img139]
That would be the best thing ever!It would be like the writers apologizing for treating past birds like crap...you know,like the Pope apologized for the Inquisition.

Last edited:

diakyu

I don't really need Fletchling to get anything. I mean how many of Ash's first stage pokemon get to take part in two gym battles and actually beat something?

RickHoenn

Banned
Do you guys ever play the games? You can use all of your Pokémon team against a gym leader, there is NO rule how many Pokémon you can use, I battled Grant with 5 of my pokes, I'm glad they're following the games more closely.

FlyAsADunsparce

Do you guys ever play the games? You can use all of your Pokémon team against a gym leader, there is NO rule how many Pokémon you can use, I battled Grant with 5 of my pokes, I'm glad they're following the games more closely.

Yeah we know this. We all remember the tragedy that was Ash vs. Roxie (sadly).

Anyway I'm excited for this gym battle. Surprising to see that Fletchling is also being used. Well maybe not that surprising as we've seen it train with Ash, Froakie and Pikachu on screen on multiple occasions.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Oh god, **** this ****. Really writers?? Froakie and Fletchling already have more losses then wins and instead of making it a proper 3 on 3 so you can improve that, your gonna make some bs 3 on 2 and have Fletchling be some fodder so Pikachu can get a unneeded win and boost his already positive win record?? Really??

Why is the ****ity **** would you alter a gym leaders main line up from the games to replace on of his pokemon for another and then make it a 3 vs 2 for no damn reason -_-??

The ONLY way I will accept this battle is if somehow Pikachu goes down to Tyrunt and Fletchling or Froakie get the win and star.

I know the writers would find some way to **** this up.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Oh god, **** this ****. Really writers?? Froakie and Fletchling already have more losses then wins and instead of making it a proper 3 on 3 so you can improve that, your gonna make some bs 3 on 2 and have Fletchling be some fodder so Pikachu can get a unneeded win and boost his already positive win record?? Really??

Why is the ****ity **** would you alter a gym leaders main line up from the games to replace on of his pokemon for another and then make it a 3 vs 2 for no damn reason -_-??

The ONLY way I will accept this battle is if somehow Pikachu goes down to Tyrunt and Fletchling or Froakie get the win and star.

Like I was saying,Pikachu should lose.

FlyAsADunsparce

The only reason I can think of is because they just showed Grant becoming the highest rank in the Battle Chateau. With Ash being the lowest rank it'd be weird if he could beat Grant 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3 without any advantage. That's the only reason I can think of though.

Now, with the battle being 3 vs. 2 it makes Grant still seem very strong despite the loss, so it won't take any credibility away from the Battle Chateau and the ranking system.

RickHoenn

Banned
So,it's a 2 vs 3.Hmmm...It's kinda great,like in the games.I mean,let's face it,Ash's team is kinda weak.It's great of Grant to let him use all his pkmn.

It looks like an amazing battle though.That Draco Meteor is epic and those Matrix moves that Froakie pulls off...awesome.

I'm so glad my little Fletchling is hitting that Tyrunt with Steel Wing!!T__T

Thank you! I don't understand why some people are upset? this should be normal procedure, you can use all of your team against a gym leader...

Yeah we know this. We all remember the tragedy that was Ash vs. Roxie (sadly).

Anyway I'm excited for this gym battle. Surprising to see that Fletchling is also being used. Well maybe not that surprising as we've seen it train with Ash, Froakie and Pikachu on screen on multiple occasions.

Yeah, that was BS of massive proportions but this is XY and this battle doesn't seem to be like that crappy Roxie vs. Ash mess.

phanpycross

God-king
Woop de do, Ash has almost always used the same amount as the gym leader. LoL, I remember seeing people deeming the death of the anime, when the Roxie battle came around. Obvious fletchling fodder is obvious.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I like how they made Tyrunt's tail look all scaly when it's using Dragon Tail.

And I think Fletchling will star.The little thing has been training a lot with Froakie since the first gym and they both deserve wins.

Pikachu can lose this one,but put up a good fight.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Thank you! I don't understand why some people are upset? this should be normal procedure, you can use all of your team against a gym leader...

Yeah, that was BS of massive proportions but this is XY and this battle doesn't seem to be like that crappy Roxie vs. Ash mess.

Fletchling is still getting a random loss for no damn reason and adding to his already negative win to loss ratio. That's the freaking problem. Oh and the fact that the altered the **** out of the battle for no apparent reason.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Fletchling is still getting a random loss for no damn reason and adding to his already negative win to loss ratio. That's the freaking problem. Oh and the fact that the altered the **** out of the battle for no apparent reason.

Don't immediatly assume that it'll lose.Maybe they'll surprise us.

RickHoenn

Banned

I'm glad Fletchling is at least being USED -.- he's getting at least 4 gyms in a row, that never happened before for a BIRD, and as a Fletchinder he's probably getting a win in Korrina's and Ramos' gyms, he's the only bird in 1st stage that got a gym win, this is the best the writers have treated a 1st stage bird for Ash. Taillow, Pidove, Starly NEVER got that much attention.

This battle can still be great (and looking by the animation and dynamics it's looking like that) and it won't be ****ed up if Pikachu stars, you're kinda biased "If things don't go my way THIS IS ****ED UP!!!!". I don't understand why do you think Fletchling can star in a ROCK gym, Froakie sounds like a good choice to star but no Fletchling.

Fletchling will play a role in doing damage to Tyrunt like all those mons helped beat Dragonite in the OL.

Last edited:
Gotta love Froakie invoking Neo in that Matrix-style dodge. Although I'm a bit miffed Fletchling is going to be fodder for Baby Sharptooth just to glorify the rat.

We don't even know who will lose to who, and Pikachu is a goddamn mouse, he's not nor never glorify.

A part of me hopes we can see something like this:

Froakie vs. Onix (Froakie wins)
Froakie vs. Tyrunt (Tyrunt wins)
Pikachu vs. Tyrunt (Tyrunt wins)
Fletchling vs. Tyrunt (Fletchling evolves to Fletchinder)
Fletchinder vs. Tyrunt (Fletchinder wins)

Just because Pikachu vs. Tyrunt is in the title, doesn't mean it has to be the last battle. Cranidos vs. Pikachu was one of the titles in DP but we all know that it was Turtwig that beat Cranidos while Pikachu lost to Onix.

Not that I would be surprised if Pikachu vs. Tyrunt because that is still completely possible. But this is an alternative option to this match that I personally would prefer. Note: I don't know or am exactly too sure if Fletchling evolves here but if it can, I can see something like this go down.

Nacreous

Fire trainer

Just because Pikachu vs. Tyrunt is in the title, doesn't mean it has to be the last battle. Cranidos vs. Pikachu was one of the titles in DP but we all know that it was Turtwig that beat Cranidos while Pikachu lost to Onix.

Now,that would be something!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm glad Fletchling is at least being USED -.- he's getting at least 4 gyms in a row, that never happened before for a BIRD, and as a Fletchinder he's probably getting a win in Korrina's and Ramos' gyms, he's the only bird in 1st stage that got a gym win, this is the best the writers have treated a 1st stage bird for Ash. Taillow, Pidove, Starly NEVER got that much attention.

This battle can still be great (and looking by the animation and dynamics it's looking like that) and it won't be ****ed up if Pikachu stars, you're kinda biased "If things don't go my way THIS IS ****ED UP!!!!". I don't understand why do you think Fletchling can star in a ROCK gym, Froakie sounds like a good choice to star but no Fletchling.

Fletchling will play a role in doing damage to Tyrunt like all those mons helped beat Dragonite in the OL.

And this might carry some weight if we actually saw Tyrunt use a rock move. We've only seen two dragon moves so far so this holds no merit.

It actually will be ****ed up if Pikachu stars because not only will it take a win from someone who actually needs it, it also gives a loss to a pokemon who shouldn't have been there in the first place given the format.

Not that I would be surprised if Pikachu vs. Tyrunt because that is still completely possible. But this is an alternative option to this match that I personally would prefer. Note: I don't know or am exactly too sure if Fletchling evolves here but if it can, I can see something like this go down.

Oh from your mouth to the writers ears. This would be ideal to me and if it actually happens I would probably die from shock lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.