• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 26th: SM71 - Shizukumo Gets Suiren!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

Dewpider looks adorable animated, I'm so happy it's (more than likely) getting captured by Lana. I hope they give it cool move set.

RashSkies

Looks like Popplio will get jealous like someone predicted.
QlNuUfR_d.jpg

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Dewpider really looks very adorable being animated. Hardly any doubt that Lana's capturing it. So Popplio gets jealous about Dewpider gaining Lana's attention. Didn't expect Popplie to be this narrow minded, but I guess this is being done for the comedic aspect. :p

DatsRight

Dewpider really looks very adorable being animated. Hardly any doubt that Lana's capturing it. So Popplio gets jealous about Dewpider gaining Lana's attention. Didn't expect Popplie to be this narrow minded, but I guess this is being done for the comedic aspect. :p

The starter trio episode shown Popplio has a hidden temper I suppose. She panicked when they got lost and took her frustrations out on Rowlet when he ceased to help the situation.

A problem is that Popplio hasn't got a whole lot of personality moments compared to the others. A teammate could help that.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
So there is some tension with Popplio. I didn't think there would be after seeing the trailer because there's one shot where of them all being in the water and Popplio being happy.

Still the fact that the VA List summary questions what will happen with Dewpider's crush to me suggests Dewpider will get over it by the end of the episode. It is entirely possible Popplio will get over it too. Let's see what their relationship looks like in subsequent episodes.

Grey Wind

So there is some tension with Popplio. I didn't think there would be after seeing the trailer because there's one shot where of them all being in the water and Popplio being happy.

Still the fact that the VA List summary questions what will happen with Dewpider's crush to me suggests Dewpider will get over it by the end of the episode. It is entirely possible Popplio will get over it too. Let's see what their relationship looks like in subsequent episodes.
I hope the tension isn't gone by the end of the episode. Some sort of jealousy between Dewpider and Popplio would make them both a lot more interesting IMO, it's always fun when two teammates have an established relationship and can properly bounce off of one another.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Up until now, Popplio has been Lana's only Pokémon (not including her family's Ride Lapras) and has had Lana's attention all to itself. Now here comes this new Pokémon who is not just taking some of Lana's attention away from Popplio, but—given Dewpider has a crush on Lana—is probably demanding Lana's undivided attention. IMHO, it's only natural that Popplio would get jealous.

I don't think the fact that the summary questions what will happen with Dewpider's crush is an indication that it will get over its crush by the end of the episode, or that Popplio will get over its jealousy (if it is jealous) by the end of the episode.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It would also force some much needed development on both of them. At this point Dewpider kinda renders Popplio obsolete (the trailer even confirms that Dewpider knows Bubble Beam), so now Popplio needs some kind of upgrade to set itself apart from Dewpider. However, develop Popplio too much and you risk the opposite problem happening.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Looks like Popplio will get jealous like someone predicted.
QlNuUfR_d.jpg

Hooray, I was granted temporary psychic powers in predicting this happening. Lana really needs to catch Dewpider simply so she has another Pokémon. Even if Dewpider's crush disappears, Popplio would likely stay jealous since it's used to having all the attention to itself.

Mallow also needs to catch another Pokémon, but it seems less and less likely with each of her episodes.

DatsRight

Popplio and Steenee are the blandest Pokemon members of the main cast right now (besides the ride Pokemon if they count). Their only developed interaction is smacking Rowlet and even that doesn't happen a lot. Giving them a teammate to bounce their trainer's bond and ambitions may be helpful to that. It certainly helped Turtonator, and Togedemaru's had a few cute moments with Charjabug. Expectedly all of Ash's play off each other nicely. Snowy isn't quite as bad as Popplio and Steenee, though Lillie getting a new capture likely wouldn't hurt.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I suppose another possibility could be that Dewpider gets over its crush, but it still remains clingy and overly affectionate. Like less of a Mareanie and more of a Cacnea or Carnivine.

That could still get on Popplio's nerves without feeling too similar to Mareanie. And being significantly less weird, for that matter.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Didn't expect Popplie to be this narrow minded, but I guess this is being done for the comedic aspect. :p

How is it narrow minded when it's usually the only Pokemon Lana has on her and it's shown to get annoyed before.

Maybe because that's when they first meet it and Dewpider hasn't shown any affection yet?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
There's another part of the preview where Lana looks like she's kneeling down to do something with Popplio in the background. Can't see anything because the text is blocking though.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Yeah, it could still be annoyed there. Or if it isn't, then maybe it's gotten over those feelings.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I wouldn't call Charjabug marketable either, but that didn't stop Sophocles from getting it.

Charjabug might not be, but Vikavolt sure as heck is. Honestly Alola's Bug types are one of its main draws.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Or Popplio does something to Dewpider, and Lana is scolding Popplio. Dewpiser does look pretty agitated in that scene, as well.

Vipsoccermaster

Popplio being jealous...hmm. It really doesn't want its attention away from itself to Lana. Dewpider is just crazily affectionate over Lana. If Lana catches Dewpider, hopefully Lana will give both Dewpider and Popplio some equal attention to relieve the Pokémon fears of being underused. Especially Popplio since it's Lana's first and only Pokémon (a starter one at that) until this episode. Popplio will likely maintain its jealously even after the episode, which may seem likely.

DatsRight

Popplio could use a character dynamic to develop from, she isn't really sticking out as a character compared to the others. Her having a jealousy arc and slowly warming to Dewpider would be a cool way to have her stick out for a short while.

Duos like Torracat and Lycanroc or Turtonator and Marowak often end up getting cool little moments of characterisation or development this series, so I'm kinda hoping if Dewpider sticks around we might get the same with Lana's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.