• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 26th: SM71 - Shizukumo Gets Suiren!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Looks like Popplio will get jealous like someone predicted.
Popplio being jealous of Lana's affection towards Dewpider is interesting and it's good it's kinda confirmed. At least Popplio is starting to get a bit more of a character this time.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
If Dewpider gets caught and Popplio's jealousy isn't resolved by the end of the episode.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Huh, didn't expect to see Dewpider battling a Surskit, I thought it would just be fighting other Dewpiders.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Huh, didn't expect to see Dewpider battling a Surskit, I thought it would just be fighting other Dewpiders.
Considering that Dewpider is some counterpart to Surskit it would make sense for them to fight because they have some sort of rivalry according to Surskit's Sun Pokédex entry:
Surskit's Sun Entry said:
It moves as if skating on the surface of the water. It often fights with Dewpider over food.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Considering that Dewpider is some counterpart to Surskit it would make sense for them to fight because they have some sort of rivalry according to Surskit's Sun Pokédex entry:

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Good to know :).

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
So another preview for this one was posted. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here or not, but just to be safe, I won't.

Seems Dewpider's a punching bag for a lot of different Pokemon at first, it finds Lana playing with Popplio on the beach, falls in love with her in that one scene where they're all underwater, we see Dewpider battling Surskit at another point and Lana speaking some words of inspiration/ganbate!! type stuff with Dewpider. It is extremely obvious she's going to catch it.
I am a little confused as to what Dewpider's moveset is, though. It seems to show two different attacks in this preview. One where it shoots bubbly foam out of its abdomen and one where it pulls bits of water off of its water bubble and throws them at Surskit. Surely it doesn't have both Bubble and Bubble Beam, that would be extremely redundant.

Unfortunately, I'm also kinda starting to think there is no jealousy with Popplio. That she's moreso just annoyed with Dewpider being clingy in that particular scene, because she doesn't seem to have any beef with Dewpider at any other point in the preview. And that makes me fear the writers won't really do much with them and do the bare minimum to set them apart ie Popplio learns Sing, Dewpider evolves and learns a Bug move, and that's basically it.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I'll just say that the animation looks pretty good, WAY betterr than this week's ep

Vipsoccermaster

So another preview for this one was posted. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here or not, but just to be safe, I won't.

Seems Dewpider's a punching bag for a lot of different Pokemon at first, it finds Lana playing with Popplio on the beach, falls in love with her in that one scene where they're all underwater, we see Dewpider battling Surskit at another point and Lana speaking some words of inspiration/ganbate!! type stuff with Dewpider. It is extremely obvious she's going to catch it.
I am a little confused as to what Dewpider's moveset is, though. It seems to show two different attacks in this preview. One where it shoots bubbly foam out of its abdomen and one where it pulls bits of water off of its water bubble and throws them at Surskit. Surely it doesn't have both Bubble and Bubble Beam, that would be extremely redundant.

Unfortunately, I'm also kinda starting to think there is no jealousy with Popplio. That she's moreso just annoyed with Dewpider being clingy in that particular scene, because she doesn't seem to have any beef with Dewpider at any other point in the preview. And that makes me fear the writers won't really do much with them and do the bare minimum to set them apart ie Popplio learns Sing, Dewpider evolves and learns a Bug move, and that's basically it.
I saw the preview @Golden_Latias was talking about. I would agree that Lana is definitely catching Dewpider from the way this episode is going to turn out.

Okay, so no jealousy, then. Hopefully the writers do more about Popplio and Dewpider and expand on them, but knowing the writers, they'll probably go with the cheap route. Popplio seems to be totally fine about Dewpider, just not that scene from above, because Popplio is like only [she] has the right to be on Lana, whether be on her arms, her head, or whatever [she] wants.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
This episode could still set something up between the two, especially if Dewpider's clinginess is the subject of Popplio's annoyance. The two are only together in three other scenes. One is clearly before Dewpider starts crushing on Lana, and the other two don't even involve said crush.

Should probably see how this episode plays out before jumping to conclusions. If Dewpider is caught and still being clingy but without the crush (again, more of a Cacnea or a Carnivine than a Mareanie), then I could still see the jealousy resurfacing.

ShadowForce720

It's possible that the attack it's using where it's shoots a bubbly foam out of its abdomen is Water Sport, considering we've never seen that move in the anime before so it's possible that this what that move looks like in the anime and maybe they plan on having the move get upgraded to Soak if Dewpider does wind up evolving. Because if you look at it didn't look like the move that Dewpider hit Pikachu and Snowy with actually did any damage to them instead they just seem all wet which the closest water type move that Dewpider has that could do this without damaging Pikachu or Snowy would be Water Sport. Also just pointing this out but before someone tries to bring up the idea of Dewpider knowing Soak it's important to note that Dewpider can't learn the move Soak until it evolves into a Araquanid.

So basically this would mean that Dewpider's current move set is this:

Dewpider's move set:
Bubble Beam
Water Sport

It's unknown at this time if it knows any other moves or if that's it, it's possible it will show maybe a 3rd and maybe even a 4th move during the episode.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Do you guys think that this will be a capture episode? I hope that it is.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Do you guys think that this will be a capture episode? I hope that it is.

Most people are hoping it is one. Lana needs it, and the episode title seems to imply it is one. But we can never be sure (Swablu, Phantump, etc.).

Red and Blue

Most people are hoping it is one. Lana needs it, and the episode title seems to imply it is one. But we can never be sure (Swablu, Phantump, etc.).
Phantump was never hinted for Ash. People just expected him to catch it because he didn't have a grass type at the time. And it was shiny

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Phantump was never hinted for Ash. People just expected him to catch it because he didn't have a grass type at the time. And it was shiny

Plus the fact Ash still had one open slot left on his team then only added fuel to that fire.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I really don't like these kind of plots due to the creepiness factor of an animal in love with a human, but if Lana gets Dewpider, her team will have the same positive to me that Serena's team has: they fit their trainer to a T. <3

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, there's no guarantee Dewpider will keep its crush if/when it's caught. It would be way too similar to Mareanie otherwise.

Like I could see Dewpider being clingy and overly affectionate without having a crush on her. More of a Cacnea or Carnivine than a Mareanie, if we're using James's Pokemon as comparisons.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I find it cure. Sure, it is a bit creepy, but cute. Also, this is the closest thing of a romance we will get in the anime.
Kukui and Burnet getting married doesn't qualify as romance?

Slapstick-Olivia

No. Not really, because the anime never really makes a huge deal about a human romance. The human romances in the anime are like my farts. They come and go.

ShadowForce720

No. Not really, because the anime never really makes a huge deal about a human romance. The human romances in the anime are like my farts. They come and go.
lol what? I'm sorry but we got a whole episode dedicated to Kukui proposing to Brunet and then them getting married and seeing the wedding ceremony, and it was pretty clear that Kukui and Brunet liked each other in a romantic way. You can try to argue it all you like that oh but it's not romance, it doesn't change the point that no matter how you look at it that was human romance. Which is something that people thought we would never see in the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.