• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 26th: SM71 - Shizukumo Gets Suiren!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
A wild Shizukumo living on Melemele Island has set off in search of water. But during the journey, it meets Suiren and falls in love?!

------

Deep in a forest on Melemele Island, the time has come for a wild Shizukumo to set off in search of its own water source. Many things befall the Shizukumo on this journey into the wide world... it sees the sea for the first time, it loses a fight to another Shizukumo over a water source, and so on. And during this journey, it has a chance encounter with Suiren and ends up falling in love with her.

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 渡辺正彦 (Masahiko Watanabe)
Animation Director 直井由紀 (Yuki Naoi)

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The wild Shizukumo living on Melemele Island have set off in search of water. But during the journey, one of them meets Suiren and falls in love?!
Well, assuming this is a capture episode, and that this Dewpider doesn't just fall in love with Lana and then agree to leave at the end of the episode anyway, I guess everyone who was hoping for Lana to 1) get a team change, and 2) catch Dewpider is about to see their hopes come true.

ShadowForce720

Well, assuming this is a capture episode, and that this Dewpider doesn't just fall in love with Lana and then agree to leave at the end of the episode anyway, I guess everyone who was hoping for Lana to 1) get a team change, and 2) catch Dewpider is about to see their hopes come true.

You know judging from the episode title and summary I think it's actually pretty likely that Lana is catching a Dewpider here, now of course it's always possible that she doesn't catch it, but right now I'm leaning more towards this probably being a capture episode for Lana.

DatsRight

Looks hopeful for Lana, but that's the thing. The episode title is suspiciously revealing. I mean, have ANY episode titles spoiled a capture outright?

Unless the subject matter is less the capture and more the situations caused from it, I get the feeling the title might end up a twist.

ShadowForce720

Looks hopeful for Lana, but that's the thing. The episode title is suspiciously revealing. I mean, have ANY episode titles spoiled a capture outright?

do you mean like episode 4 of Sun and Moon with the episode title being this: SM004 - Enter Rowlet! I Got A Pokemon in Alola!!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Actually I somehow managed to misread the title as "Shizukumo get daze" instead of the actual "Shizukumo, Suiren get da ze" earlier, so... it's not really as plain and straight-forward as it originally seemed.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
"Falls in love with her?"

Hmm. If Dewpider gets caught - which it probably will - I'm sensing a possible "Popplio gets jealous" storyline coming in the near future as well. I mean I know Popplio is most likely female, but I'd argue that Lana and Popplio share a stronger bond than pretty much everyone on the main cast and their signature Pokemon given they actually have some backstory together. It wouldn't be too strange for Popplio to assume Dewpider is jeopardizing their bond or something.

Bonus points if, as I've alluded to in other threads, Dewpider starts getting used more than Popplio does due to it being more mobile on land, because honestly Dewpider kind of makes Popplio obsolete. Both are known for their bubble blowing ability, but one is dual-typed and is more mobile on land than the other is.

Last edited:

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
A possible capture for Lana, hopefully? She needs it along with Lillie
Don't forget about Mallow too! :p

I'm hoping it's a capture for Lady Lana, which I have a feeling it will be. I don't think it will be like when Ash helped Wimpod and then it left in SM20. Also, if this Dewpider is going to be a capture for Lana, it would be nice to see Lana battle it, but I don't think the capture will end up that way tbh. Dewpider would just voluntarily join Lana.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Yeah definitely sounds like a capture episode for Lana. Well since the previous episode is a Kiawe focus, and now this episode a Lana focus, I'm quite confident that the next few episodes would probably focus on Mallow (hopefully something significant), and probably Sophocles in Hokulani Observatory and a potential Trial.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Yay! My favorite SM character is getting more things, even if it'll be a while. Also, I managed to avoid knowing of the Dewpider line before the games came out, so the battle with her was my first time seeing one and it stuck in my memory. I hope she catches it.

And if this is a second slew of classmate episodes, that almost certainly means Mallow will get something soon as well. Tsareena would be nice, but it probably wouldn't be considered "earned" seeing as Steenee doesn't do much and, unlike Lana, we haven't really seen Mallow train.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well it's going to be interesting that one of the Dewpider is going to bond with Lana. I definitely see a capture for her because of the episode title being very close to 'Shizukumo Getto Daze'.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah definitely sounds like a capture episode for Lana. Well since the previous episode is a Kiawe focus, and now this episode a Lana focus, I'm quite confident that the next few episodes would probably focus on Mallow (hopefully something significant), and probably Sophocles in Hokulani Observatory and a potential Trial.
Isn't SM69 focusing on Sophocles, though?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
As long as Dewpider doesn't go all Mareanie with James on Lana I'm cool lol.

Hopefully she gets a capture here, she needs an update :).

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Isn't SM69 focusing on Sophocles, though?

The summary only states that Sophocles finds Celesteela initially, but we don't know what happens after that, so we can't really say it's a Sophocles focus episode yet. Being a UB, I still expect Ash to stop it eventually and catch it.

Zyar

Unknown Member
As long as Dewpider doesn't go all Mareanie with James on Lana I'm cool lol.

Agreed. If Lana ends up getting Dewpider, I hope it's not as overly-affectionate as Mareanie (which gets weird sometimes for me lol). A love relationship between pokémon and trainer in the same level as Ash and Chikorita would be nice.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Agreed. If Lana ends up getting Dewpider, I hope it's not as overly-affectionate as Mareanie (which gets weird sometimes for me lol). A love relationship between pokémon and trainer in the same level as Ash and Chikorita would be nice.

I do wonder what that would look like though. I assume it would be like surrounding her in a bubble or something lol.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
The summary only states that Sophocles finds Celesteela initially, but we don't know what happens after that, so we can't really say it's a Sophocles focus episode yet. Being a UB, I still expect Ash to stop it eventually and catch it.

But more than likely he'll be at the epicenter of whatever plot they have plan for Celesteela in SM69.

Anyway as of now I can't imagine any reason why they'll won't have Lana catching Dewpider.

Status
Not open for further replies.