• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 26th: SM72 - Ta-Dough! Burn with Passion, Mao's Family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
The movie website has updated with some more info on this special, as well as some preview pictures.

Changed the title since the pictures make it clear this is a break baking festival.
I'm intrigued by the line "He has a premonition that something will happen to Aina Cafetaria?!" If it weren't for the fact that we will have already had the "greedy, underhanded businessman tries to take over a family business" plot with Kiawe and his family's farm in SM70, I might suspect something similar would happen here, just based on that line.

Looks like Mallow might actually be doing something this episode, so hopefully Ulu isn't just a retread of Ilima.

Placing bets on her saying 'onii-chan' at least once. :p
Why even place bets? He's her older brother; of course she is going to call him "onii-chan" at least once. Mallow strikes me as someone who would use "onii-chan" rather than "onii-san," anyway.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
haha at first I was like "Omg Mallow's Mom!" but then it was actually her bro, but still exciting. Really hoping this ends up as Mallow focus and not her brother... unless that's considered Mallow focused?

I wonder if he'll stick around now, and his premonition is just that it will grow into a big cafe? What other kind of premonition could he have that doesn't border on being psychic if it's too out there?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm gonna guess Oranguru is involved somehow. Makes sense for her brother to meet him too since her dad and her both did.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I'm intrigued by the line "He has a premonition that something will happen to Aina Cafetaria?!" If it weren't for the fact that we will have already had the "greedy, underhanded businessman tries to take over a family business" plot with Kiawe and his family's farm in SM70, I might suspect something similar would happen here, just based on that line.

Maybe he thinks that it will go bankrupt and forgotten? Maybe that's why he comes back to bake the bread to increase its reputation?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Definitely expecting Team Rocket to be the cause of the trouble during the bread festival.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Wonder if Mallow's brother is voiced by one of the guest actors.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So apparently there are no COTDs or recurring characters in these episodes, or they're just not listed. Maybe characters voiced by the movie cast?

It says "and more" at the bottom of the list. These hour specials tend to have kinda trunctated VA lists.

DatsRight

The fact one of the villains teams is there leaves me worried it's going to end up like the first Ilima episode and more showing off how awesome this new character is with another curb stomp battle (I didn't HATE Ilima like some others seem to, but in that case Ilima vs TS wasn't butting into anyone else's limelight).

I'm at least hoping TR have a more creative role like their food wagon making them a rival instead of being a generic padding villain like they were in all the previous Mallow episodes. Sophocles and Lillie aren't battlers either but they don't need TR or some other character cutting all their episodes short.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Cooking is somewhere they could compete fairly and actually have a chance at winning, but they'll probably just end up trying to cheat to ensure their victory and all that entails.

DatsRight

Cooking is somewhere they could compete fairly and actually have a chance at winning, but they'll probably just end up trying to cheat to ensure their victory and all that entails.

I'd love if just once they tried to play legit without cheating or Bewear butting in. I miss TR being competent in non-villain agendas, rather than just being another dirty playing loser to make the twerps look better superficially.

Even in the Kalos showcases, they played on Jessie's coordinating and Meowth's culinary abilities.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Seeing TR on the VA list, I believe they will either cause trouble or participate in the baking competition and fail spectacularly. It'll be weird if TR doesn't appear at all and TR has caused less disruption in competitions these days so I expect either Jessie or James, most likely Jessie, to participate and possibly get eliminated quickly or if there's one round, she won't win the competition at all.

DatsRight

Even better since it is the episode straight before their Z Ring one, perhaps it could serve as at least some sort of build up for the Trio's story. Even if it's just something like them deciding after beating thrashed for the 40293070+ time that they NEED to get a boost.

Zyar

Unknown Member
Seeing TR on the VA list, I believe they will either cause trouble or participate in the baking competition and fail spectacularly. It'll be weird if TR doesn't appear at all and TR has caused less disruption in competitions these days so I expect either Jessie or James, most likely Jessie, to participate and possibly get eliminated quickly or if there's one round, she won't win the competition at all.

Since the kids are helping Mallow's brother in this, I'd rather the whole TRio participated instead of just one of them, even if they lose super quickly. We all know Jessie is the one with more focus when it comes to competitions for whatever reason, but the ping-pong episode for example, where she was the only one participating even if it didn't make sense and she had such a lame performance, was simply stupid.

Would be nice if they tried competing fairly, but that line "trouble occurs" makes me think they'll cheat if they're participating or just show up to attack the event.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Since the kids are helping Mallow's brother in this, I'd rather the whole TRio participated instead of just one of them, even if they lose super quickly. We all know Jessie is the one with more focus when it comes to competitions for whatever reason, but the ping-pong episode for example, where she was the only one participating even if it didn't make sense and she had such a lame performance, was simply stupid.

Would be nice if they tried competing fairly, but that line "trouble occurs" makes me think they'll cheat if they're participating or just show up to attack the event.
I would have liked the entire TRio to participate especially for the ping pong episode but I was saying that Jessie was the more likely one to participate.

Maybe Team Rocket might last a bit longer in the competition and try to win by cheating but then they are soon exposed and Bewear comes to the rescue. But even if they play fairly, I still expect that Bewear will take them away.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
From the summary, it doesn't look like mallow will get anything in this episode. Screwed again!

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
At 0:28 is that an egg hatching???!!
Nah, that's a pot. You can see a gas canister underneath it to help heat the pot. It's probably glowing because it's such an amazing piece of food.

Status
Not open for further replies.