• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 27th: SM24 - Alola! The First Visitation Day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Team Skull isn't much of a threat. They are literally laughed at by the populace of Alola much of the time.

Everyone but Kiawe and Ash were cowering/afraid of them... they were all girls though. :p

Perhaps it might be more accurate to say (at least when it comes to the anime) that battle Trainers probably laugh at Team Skull most of the time, because to them, they are no threat. That's how it seems to be shoring up so far, at least.
Mallow, Lana, Lillie, and Sophocles are not battle Trainers (Lillie wasn't even a Trainer at the time), and are thus more likely to find Team Skull troublesome.

Just hazarding a guess. :p

DatsRight

Mallow and Lillie lacked much capacity to battle in their first appearance anyway, while now Steenee is quite capable and Lillie has Shiron.

I would like if those Tauros evened the odds a little, but seriously Ash was even savvy enough to use ALL his Pokemon this time.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Like a couple of others, I'm not sure why Delia appearing is worth getting so excited about. I don't really understand why hype levels get so high just for the fact that Delia is in an episode. Someone care to enlighten me?

i think it's a mixture of: the nostalgia effect if you've watched since the beginning, Delia's character being very likable, seeing Ash interact with his only family member, and then the few, if any, Mr mime fans :p

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Like a couple of others, I'm not sure why Delia appearing is worth getting so excited about. I don't really understand why hype levels get so high just for the fact that Delia is in an episode. Someone care to enlighten me?

i think it's a mixture of: the nostalgia effect if you've watched since the beginning, Delia's character being very likable, seeing Ash interact with his only family member, and then the few, if any, Mr mime fans :p

What lemoncat said. True, it probably doesn't deserve this level of hype, but we rarely ever see her anyway. Also, ever since Movie 3 went and made her a student of Professor Oak, I've really wanted to know more about her. We're probably not going to get that here, but it'd be funny if she just casually mentioned doing something like becoming an Island Champion in the past. Or maybe she'll name-drop Lusamine for some unknown reason.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Actually, if Delia made an appearence like this just to see her son doing a presentation I think she might return for other episodes as well including even the serious arcs later on.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Actually, if Delia made an appearence like this just to see her son doing a presentation I think she might return for other episodes as well including even the serious arcs later on.

it'd be wonderful contrast for Lillie's arc. With Ash and all the other cast members having good relations with their family this series, it really shows what Lillie is missing out on makes her story seem more real life.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
it'd be wonderful contrast for Lillie's arc. With Ash and all the other cast members having good relations with their family this series, it really shows what Lillie is missing out on makes her story seem more real life.

I agree. Showing the happy family situation of Ash and the others highlights the sadness of Lillie's family situation, and provides opportunity for the writers to drop hints here and there about just how messed up Lillie's family is, even before the full reveal.

SinnohEevee

Maybe instead of "Oaking" all his Pokémon (save Pikachu) this time, Ash could leave Rockruff and Litten (or their evolved forms) with his mother this time, as they are pets (or evolve from pets). They aren't supposed to rot in a laboratory.

ShadowForce720

Maybe instead of "Oaking" all his Pokémon (save Pikachu) this time, Ash could leave Rockruff and Litten (or their evolved forms) with his mother this time, as they are pets (or evolve from pets). They aren't supposed to rot in a laboratory.

hmm let's see have them cramped into a small house or have them stay at oak's lab where they have plenty of room to move around and can also interact with other pokemon. I don't know where your getting this whole oh Ash's pokemon rot in a laboratory because that is simply not true, as they have plenty of room to move around and on top of that they don't have to worry about finding food.

SlimKennedy

I think it's mostly just an inability to separate anime mechanics from game mechanics. People get so used to storing their Pokémon in a pc they let themselves forget that's not how it works in the anime.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I wonder if the ending is only going to be changed for this episode since it's Mimey who will probably leave at the end unless Delia develops a reason to stay.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

I don't expect SM to get that serious, tho I do think that Delia's visit to Ash's school in this episode shows that we might see her return again in the future cuz trips between Kanto and Alola seem to be pretty manageable for Delia. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.