• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 27th: SM24 - Alola! The First Visitation Day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Man, I didn't think you all loved Delia that much.

- She would've been ashamed for her son losing considering he promised her he would win the kalos League
- She would've been in danger during the Team Flare attack on Lumiose City

The first one is just weird. She'd have to have visited a psychic to spoil it to her to come to such conclusion. Besides, she's supportive, but it's pretty obvious the writers didn't think about her at all.

The second one, though? Would have helped increase the tension somewhat.

As Janovy pointed out, Lusamine pretty much doesn't give a crap about Lillie (or about Gladion, either).

Game!Lusamine, anyway.

It feels like a cop out Lillie and her butler didn't say much or reacted to Lusamine's photo (like a sigh, being uncomfortable, or anything), and then later on big bad reactions are had.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Man, I didn't think you all loved Delia that much.

Well, we have some much needed continuity.

The first one is just weird. She'd have to have visited a psychic to spoil it to her to come to such conclusion. Besides, she's supportive, but it's pretty obvious the writers didn't think about her at all.

The second one, though? Would have helped increase the tension somewhat.

Was there any tension in the Team Flare Arc? Gym Leaders, League Champion and Runner-up, two region Champions? Not to mention the Legendary once Bonnie got to business.

Would have added more to the stakes though, that much I can agree, as well as give Ash a personal stake in stopping Flare.

Game!Lusamine, anyway.

It feels like a cop out Lillie and her butler didn't say much or reacted to Lusamine's photo (like a sigh, being uncomfortable, or anything), and then later on big bad reactions are had.

James wouldn't know the whole situation and Lillie could be blocking it from her memory, or not really understand Lusamine's true intentions.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
You can just sense the feeling that Kukui's going to call Ash out on not doing any sort of homework, considering they're together 24/7

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
You can just sense the feeling that Kukui's going to call Ash out on not doing any sort of homework, considering they're together 24/7

What homework do they even have at that school?

Cat's Eye Draco

What homework do they even have at that school?

That's what I'd like to know. They usually seem to be sitting at their desks, doing nothing. Or hanging out in the classroom, no Kukui in sight, doing nothing. Or standing around outside, doing nothing.

...Well, nothing, school related, anyway.

TheWanderingMist

That's what I'd like to know. They usually seem to be sitting at their desks, doing nothing. Or hanging out in the classroom, no Kukui in sight, doing nothing. Or standing around outside, doing nothing.

...Well, nothing, school related, anyway.

Kukui is trying to undermine their educations so no one can surpass him as a Pokemon Professor.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
They have extracurricular activities like observing Pokemon. They did that in the Marieanie episode and just plain learning about Pokemon (their nature, attack moves, behavior, type, etc.) They already had 2 sessions of learnomg the differences between a Kanto & Alolan Pokemon.

diakyu

What does it mean by "First Visitation Day"? Is this like the beginning of a school festival arc or something?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
What does it mean by "First Visitation Day"? Is this like the beginning of a school festival arc or something?

I'm going to assume this First Visitation Day is based on the parents visitation day that Japanese school have, where parents attend school and observe their children in class for a day. I don't know if these visitation days are related to school festivals.

TheWanderingMist

You know, Delia was Oak's student (by all accounts a bright one too) and the school seems to have a suspicious lack of teachers...

I'm going to assume this First Visitation Day is based on the parents visitation day that Japanese school have, where parents attend school and observe their children in class for a day. I don't know if these visitation days are related to school festivals.

I don't know, but I won't be surprised if the pupils make special presentations to show off the teaching of the school. I went to an open day at Cambridge University's Chemistry Department a couple of weeks ago, and there they had all the students show everyone various experiments and get their audience involved sometimes - so things like allowing people to make their own putty, selling ice cream made with liquid nitrogen and so on. I could see this episode contain ideas like battling against a Z-move user, letting visitors interact with rare Pokemon and maybe even show an audience a Pokemon egg hatching.

Or it could be what you described. But now I'm just a little more hyped for this episode to contain some practical activities :p

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I don't know, but I won't be surprised if the pupils make special presentations to show off the teaching of the school. I went to an open day at Cambridge University's Chemistry Department a couple of weeks ago, and there they had all the students show everyone various experiments and get their audience involved sometimes - so things like allowing people to make their own putty, selling ice cream made with liquid nitrogen and so on. I could see this episode contain ideas like battling against a Z-move user, letting visitors interact with rare Pokemon and maybe even show an audience a Pokemon egg hatching.

Or it could be what you described. But now I'm just a little more hyped for this episode to contain some practical activities :p

Well, the summary does state that Ash is presenting something. I will admit, my knowledge of parent visitation days in Japanese schools is severely limited, but don't some schools have students present something on parent visitation day, to show off what they (the students) have learned? With that in mind, I could see the students presenting to the parents/guardians what they have learned with their Pokémon. So, perhaps Ash and Kiawe will show off their Z-moves through a battle.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Well, the summary does state that Ash is presenting something. I will admit, my knowledge of parent visitation days in Japanese schools is severely limited, but don't some schools have students present something on parent visitation day, to show off what they (the students) have learned? With that in mind, I could see the students presenting to the parents/guardians what they have learned with their Pokémon. So, perhaps Ash and Kiawe will show off their Z-moves through a battle.

I'm no expert, but the term literally translates to "lesson observation visitation" and my understanding is that the school just holds classes as normal, but parents are allowed to come into the classroom and watch the classes being held.

This isn't a normal school, though, and the summary does mention "people in the area" being allowed to come visit the "open school", so who knows. It implies this isn't your standard Japanese visitation day.

Last edited:

The school I currently go to does an open morning once a year where all the kids go to school on Saturday and do a practical project while tours happen, and they once did one during a weekday where it was simply tours while lessons were happening, so I honestly think anything could happen. I'm hoping for the practical activities one though. I'd also like to see Kiawe and Ash battle because BRO-RIVALRY!

Edit: oh. My hopes got slightly diminished as I was Ninja'd in one go. That's impressive. Ah well, I guess most of the lessons in the Pokemon school are practical anyway!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Maybe Mallow can get people to taste her creations to make the Aina cafe #1!

Now I'm imagining Mallow and Steenee forcing stew under people's noses to make them try it. Thank you, Frozocrone, for making me smile spontaneously for a stupid reason.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I'm no expert, but the term literally translates to "lesson observation visitation" and my understanding is that the school just holds classes as normal, but parents are allowed to come into the classroom and watch the classes being held.

This isn't a normal school, though, and the summary does mention "people in the area" being allowed to come visit the "open school", so who knows. It implies this isn't your standard Japanese visitation day.

Well, now I'm even more curious as to what this visitation day holds in store. And I'm really curious as to what Ash could be presenting (if he is not showing off Z-moves). Hype is increasing! :D

I just realized... Delia coming to Alola means she will actually get to meet Ash's friends! :eek: (As far as we can tell, she only met Mallow last time.) That hasn't happened since, what, AG?

And Lana can show off Popplio's balloons, while Sophocles shows off...whatever invention he has been working on with Togedemaru. Meanwhile, Lillie will show off to everyone that she is now able to touch a Pokémon! Seriously, what else would she present? Her vast knowledge on Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.