• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 28th: SM119 - Superspeed Kuwagannon! The Awakening of Māmane!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
How did Hayate win the last race when he didn't even have a Vikavolt last time we saw him? Unless they hold these races like, every week...

And yeah, seems pretty likely Hapu will be giving Soph a z ring here to go with the crystal.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
How did Hayate win the last race when he didn't even have a Vikavolt last time we saw him? Unless they hold these races like, every week...

"Last race's winner" and "his old rival, Hayate" are two different people. Sorry if it was a bit unclear.

Lightning Bolt

Nanu would make much more sense, since he is Ula'ula's Kahuna (Sophocles is the Trial Captain of Ula'ula Island's Hokulani Observatory), but for some reason they ignored the classmates in the Ula'ula arc. I'm fine with Hapu giving it though.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
"Last race's winner" and "his old rival, Hayate" are two different people. Sorry if it was a bit unclear.

Ah, that explains it.

Nanu would make much more sense, since he is Ula'ula's Kahuna (Sophocles is the Trial Captain of Ula'ula Island's Hokulani Observatory), but for some reason they ignored the classmates in the Ula'ula arc. I'm fine with Hapu giving it though.

Not just make more sense, but more fun!

DatsRight

Looks like Team Rocket are the cheating opponents again rather than interrupting the race.

It seems to be the same Sophocles vs Horacio as main focus as before, at least one of the companions got a recurring rival this series.

Also looks like the girls are watching this one rather than sitting this episode out.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I assume since this will be the first time the girls see Sophocles's rival, one of the boys might explain who he and his brothers are and we could get a very short flashback or two.

DatsRight

Love the extra bit at the end of the preview with Vikavolt having to drag Sophocles away from food, seems the guy's still getting personality moments so another Pokemon NOT succumbed to evolution blandness syndrome this series. :D

Also while I'm not sure about things being interrupted for another TR face-off, I suppose it works to have Sophocles and Horacio have one mutual moment within their rivalry, hopefully the race doesn't end because of it or Sophocles is getting a 'pity Z-Crystal'. :p

Vikavolt could potentially learn a new move in this episode, Bug Bite could be likely from that bit where they're attacking TRio's machine

Part of me hopes if it does it's from the training moments like the summary implies. At least that way Sophocles' boosting will feel a bit more natural.

I admit I would be more willing to see Sophocles work his way up to something manageable in the league. Unlike the girls they've been willing to show he's not really battling material at this point, he even lampshaded he was nowhere near Ash's and Kiawe's level when the league was revealed, so it feels like they might be more willing to grant him actual substance in that regard (so long as there's still a transition and he does at least one decent battle honing techniques before the league, getting a Z-Move should not instantly make him a competent battler).

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

But it might still know String Shot.

Except String Shot can't be upgraded to the Bug type Z-move so Vikavolt is going to need to learn a offensive Bug type move to use the Bug type Z-move and before you try to argue that String Shot could still work keep in mind that the anime has been pretty consistent with having the pokemon that uses Z-moves actually know a attack that could be upgraded to that Z-move. So chances are Vikavolt is going to learn a offensive Z-move either way.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
what's with the animation here? Seriously, it looks like they're just draging a vikavolt image across the screen and slightly making the wings vibrate

Status
Not open for further replies.