• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 28th: XY&Z024 - The Forest's Curse and the White Phantump!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm pretty sure that Wulfric will show up now but even in this case I'm not too excited to see the village because I didn't care for it in the games.

I liked the Pokemon Village so I'm eager to see how it'll be portrayed in the anime. Wulfric likely appearing here is just the icing on the cake for me. :3

thelord3

Don't bite my head off guys, but I have to ask. Are we sure that the Avalug in this episode even belongs to Wulfric? The summaries do not mention him at all, nor do they mention the location of this episode. Moreover it could very well be a wild Avalug. I can imagine the story being that a wild evil Avalug took residence where the Phantump lived. He kicked them out and they got lost since it was their first time outside. Team Rocket found them, tried to catch them all, they got separated. Ash found shiny Phantump, reunited him with his friends, blasted team Rocket away, took them back and they made Avalug be their friend after shiny Phantump kicked his butt. Shiny Phantump decided he wanted to see more of the world done stayed with Ash. The end....... Unlikely and probably too long to stretch in one episode, but could happen.......

Red and Blue

Don't bite my head off guys, but I have to ask. Are we sure that the Avalug in this episode even belongs to Wulfric? The summaries do not mention him at all, nor do they mention the location of this episode. Moreover it could very well be a wild Avalug. I can imagine the story being that a wild evil Avalug took residence where the Phantump lived. He kicked them out and they got lost since it was their first time outside. Team Rocket found them, tried to catch them all, they got separated. Ash found shiny Phantump, reunited him with his friends, blasted team Rocket away, took them back and they made Avalug be their friend after shiny Phantump kicked his butt. Shiny Phantump decided he wanted to see more of the world done stayed with Ash. The end....... Unlikely and probably too long to stretch in one episode, but could happen.......
His gym match is two episodes from now and the episode after this is in the Pokemon village. Might as well just have him appear here

04n70n10

maybe there is a sort of mini-arc that start with this episode, and It is essentialy something related with wulfric. We have probably many abandoned pokemon in this "pokemon village", and someone like Ash so poké-devoted... in theory It's a good place for this 6th mons that...how many months we are talking about? in the theory Phanthumb seems a good candidate....

the thing is: we are lacking the usual leaks that we have for a capture, we still have no sign. But I have to add, those leaks are more or less intentional to me (eg, the leaks from openings and previews, if writers/producers have really the care to hidden the thing....), if writers want to hidden well a capure they are able to do.

A good example even for evo-moments is Talonflame, no many expected it becouse we have Eevee and flechinder in the ending song.

Last edited:

thelord3

His gym match is two episodes from now and the episode after this is in the Pokemon village. Might as well just have him appear here

How do you know that? The episode list only tells us that abomasnow is appearing two episodes later. For all we know that episode could be the one introducing Wulfric. Anyway, I know my idea is very unlikely, but could happen.

dman_dustin

How do you know that? The episode list only tells us that abomasnow is appearing two episodes later. For all we know that episode could be the one introducing Wulfric. Anyway, I know my idea is very unlikely, but could happen.

Let's think about this logically, even though that doesn't always work because Pokemon.

But this episode is about Phantump, says so in the title, Phantump has NOT appeared at all in a Data Broadcast Pokemon.

WHY would a random Avalugg appearance be the data broadcast Pokemon OVER Phantump. NOW again I mention Phantump HAS NOT appeared yet in the anime.

Now while I disagree with Wulfric and Avalugg appearing in THIS episode, it would make MORE sense for Avalugg to be the data broadcast IF it belonged to Wulfric.

But random Avalugg OVER Phantump? ESPECIALLY since Avalugg SHOULD take precedence over Abomasnow in the gym battle, so why isn't the Abomasnow episode the Avalugg data broadcast?

Edit: It's clear that Wulfric's appearance in this episode (if he appears), will be near the end of the episode in relation to Team Rocket.

Last edited:

Chomper4

I feel that Phantump will remain a wild Pokémon in the end of the episode and reunite with its herd. Ash's sixth slot should be a fossil Pokémon.

Supersonicbro

I feel that Phantump will remain a wild Pokémon in the end of the episode and reunite with its herd. Ash's sixth slot should be a fossil Pokémon.

What makes you think that? Even when the summary says it wants to see the world. Something that it can do easily when it is with ash. They even gave some of it's personality away, how it gets amazed by everything.

I could see that be a better take on it being excited without it just being a childish pokemon.

Red and Blue

Uh there aren't a lot of options for a fossil. He had plenty of opportunities to catch a Tyrunt and he can't get Amaura due to its only being able to survive in cold environments

ShadowForce720

Uh there aren't a lot of options for a fossil. He had plenty of opportunities to catch a Tyrunt and he can't get Amaura due to its only being able to survive in cold environments

Uh no, he didn't have plenty of opportunities to get a Tyrunt as the first one he saw belonged to Grant and the next one he saw wound up bonding with Bonnie and turned out to belong to a lab, so no he hasn't had plenty of opportunities to catch a Tyrunt. Now will Ash get a Tyrunt? Unless we see a wild Tyrunt some time soon then probably not, but in no way has there been plenty of opportunities for Ash to get a Tyrunt. Heck he had more of an opportunity to get a Noibat earlier since some wild ones showed up in episode 30 however he didn't wind up getting one until episode 76 when it hatched from an egg.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Uh no, he didn't have plenty of opportunities to get a Tyrunt as the first one he saw belonged to Grant and the next one he saw wound up bonding with Bonnie and turned out to belong to a lab, so no he hasn't had plenty of opportunities to catch a Tyrunt.

I disagree.

If Tyrunt was meant to go to Ash they wouldn't have devoted an episode about Bonnie bonding with Tyrunt which means it is too late for Tyrunt.

Not that any of this matters in THIS episode.

ShadowForce720

I disagree.

If Tyrunt was meant to go to Ash they wouldn't have devoted an episode about Bonnie bonding with Tyrunt which means it is too late for Tyrunt.

Not that any of this matters in THIS episode.

And yet that Tyrunt already belonged to a lab, so I really don't see why they couldn't just introduce a different wild Tyrunt, that being said I think Ash will get something else other then a Tyrunt. At this point I would be surprised if Ash got a Tyrunt, as there are other 6th capture candidates that have more of a chance of being caught, for instance there is probably more of a chance of the Skrelp from episode 24 reappearing and Ash catching that then a wild Tyrunt just happening to show up soon. So unless we get an episode that has a wild Tyrunt showing up or we get some merchandise or other things that would imply a Tyrunt joining the main cast I'm going to presume that it's going to be one of the other Kalos lines that are left.

Now if the 6th capture isn't a Phantump or Carbink then these would be the remaining lines it could be:
Bergmite
Spritzee
Espurr
Binacle
Skrelp
Skiddo
maybe even a Floette(although I'd be a bit surprised if Ash did get one of these)

Now if Ash gets a 6th capture and it's not one of the ones I mentioned and it's not a Phantump, or Carbink, then I would be surprised.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

If he isn't getting the shiny Phantump then I say just bring back Goodra and be done with it.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Phantump is gone guys. If Wulfric really appears in this episode, then this episode is meant to be an introduction episode and no merchandise are hinting for a capture.
The absolute last pokemon I can see Ash capturing is Bergmite. Carbink was also a possibility, but it's also pretty unlikely now since it gets an episode in a couple of episodes and there's still no hint for it.

Goodra comes back if the writer let Ash fill his last spot before the league. Cameo in the showcase finals hints it, the merchandise hints it, the actual promotion for the species hints it. Either he recatches Goodra, or he enters the league with only 5 pokemon if there will be no reserves.

ShadowForce720

Phantump is gone guys. If Wulfric really appears in this episode, then this episode is meant to be an introduction episode and no merchandise are hinting for a capture.
The absolute last pokemon I can see Ash capturing is Bergmite. Carbink was also a possibility, but it's also pretty unlikely now since it gets an episode in a couple of episodes and there's still no hint for it.

Goodra comes back if the writer let Ash fill his last spot before the league. Cameo in the showcase finals hints it, the merchandise hints it, the actual promotion for the species hints it. Either he recatches Goodra, or he enters the league with only 5 pokemon if there will be no reserves.

Not necessarily unless Goodra comes back early Ash could still get a 6th capture, and it doesn't have to be Phantump, Bergmite, or Carbink, sure it could be one of those but there are other options that Ash could get instead.

CupidKirby

And yet that Tyrunt already belonged to a lab, so I really don't see why they couldn't just introduce a different wild Tyrunt, that being said I think Ash will get something else other then a Tyrunt. At this point I would be surprised if Ash got a Tyrunt, as there are other 6th capture candidates that have more of a chance of being caught, for instance there is probably more of a chance of the Skrelp from episode 24 reappearing and Ash catching that then a wild Tyrunt just happening to show up soon. So unless we get an episode that has a wild Tyrunt showing up or we get some merchandise or other things that would imply a Tyrunt joining the main cast I'm going to presume that it's going to be one of the other Kalos lines that are left.

Now if the 6th capture isn't a Phantump or Carbink then these would be the remaining lines it could be:
Bergmite
Spritzee
Espurr
Binacle
Skrelp
Skiddo
maybe even a Floette(although I'd be a bit surprised if Ash did get one of these)

Now if Ash gets a 6th capture and it's not one of the ones I mentioned and it's not a Phantump, or Carbink, then I would be surprised.

It probably won't be Espurr/Meowstic. Since when has Ash ever had the regional feline? Skrelp is a stretch too because other than Lapras (in a region consisting almost entirely of water), he's never caught Pokemon incapable of fighting on land.

ShadowForce720

It probably won't be Espurr/Meowstic. Since when has Ash ever had the regional feline? Skrelp is a stretch too because other than Lapras (in a region consisting almost entirely of water), he's never caught Pokemon incapable of fighting on land.

First off in regards to Skrelp, no Skrelp is not to much of a stretch as Skrelp has shown in it's debut episode(Pokémon X&Y episode 24) that it can come out of the water and still be able to fight fine, it had no problems with keeping it's balance out of the water and neither did it's evolved form and they were still able to easily perform attacks, and if you look at it they were able to move at a good pace out of the water, so fighting on land would really be as much of a problem as you might think it is for Skrelp, as they have shown they can keep there balance and still move at a good speed and attack while out of the water, so Skrelp is a possibility.

Also in regards to Espurr/Meowstic being the regional feline and him not getting one before, no that is not a reason as to why he would not get a Espurr/Meowstic, as some people could have said the same thing about some other pokemon and he still wound up getting them for instance some people could have easily said that he wouldn't get Noibat since he never got a bat pokemon before and yet he still wound up getting a Noibat, so no Espurr/Meowstic being a regional feline would not stop Ash from getting it if he were to get an Espurr.

Last edited:

CupidKirby

First off in regards to Skrelp, no Skrelp is not to much of a stretch as Skrelp has shown in it's debut episode(Pokémon X&Y episode 24) that it can come out of the water and still be able to fight fine, it had no problems with keeping it's balance out of the water and neither did it's evolved form and they were still able to easily perform attacks, and if you look at it they were able to move at a good pace out of the water, so fighting on land would really be as much of a problem as you might think it is for Skrelp, as they have shown they can keep there balance and still move at a good speed and attack while out of the water, so Skrelp is a possibility.

That doesn't matter. Ash doesn't tend towards catching finned Pokemon because it's inconvenient for the writers, a bad choice in any stadium that doesn't have a pool as Skrelp would have a giant target over its head when it's not trying to "waddle dodge," and goes against the flying theme in Kalos. Why else do you think Misty's Goldeen and Horsea disappeared off the face of the earth? I'm not saying it's impossible. It's just based on the patterns that we've seen on his team, Skrelp is unlikely.

Also in regards to Espurr/Meowstic being the regional feline and him not getting one before, no that is not a reason as to why he would not get a Espurr/Meowstic, as some people could have said the same thing about some other pokemon and he still wound up getting them for instance some people could have easily said that he wouldn't get Noibat since he never got a bat pokemon before and yet he still wound up getting a Noibat, so no Espurr/Meowstic being a regional feline would not stop Ash from getting it if he were to get an Espurr.

Gliscor is a bat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.