• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 30th: PM2019 064 - The Detested Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibrahim Saidu

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
I will be incredibly disappointed if Go catches Absol. This is a Pokémon I have wanted Ash to own since the Advanced Generation in my earliest days of watching the show.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Ash getting Absol means you can kiss Dark-type moves good-bye, as we learned from Krookodile and Greninja by the end of their arcs.

In Japan, "Evil-Type" mons can't use "Evil-Type" moves since Ash is the "Heroic-Type".

Non "Evil-Types" can dip into "Evil-Type moves", but Not "Evil-Type" mons.

ShadowForce720

Ash getting Absol means you can kiss Dark-type moves good-bye, as we learned from Krookodile and Greninja by the end of their arcs.

In Japan, "Evil-Type" mons can't use "Evil-Type" moves since Ash is the "Heroic-Type".

I’m sorry but that’s one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

Look if they had a problem with Ash’s Pokémon using Dark/Evil type moves besides Bite and/or Crunch then none of his Pokémon would know or use Dark/Evil type moves regardless of whether they are Dark type or not.

If Ash gets Absol it will likely know a Dark/Evil type move. The argument that it’s okay for Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d to know two Dark/Evil type moves being Brutal Swing and Night Slash but it is somehow not okay for Ash’s potential Absol to know a Dark/Evil type move just because it’s a Dark/Evil type Pokémon is just ridiculous.

That is just you trying to move the goal post.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Oh goody, another absol-bashing episode

my flippin' favorite

I’m sorry but that’s one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

Look if they had a problem with Ash’s Pokémon using Dark/Evil type moves besides Bite and/or Crunch then none of his Pokémon would know or use Dark/Evil type moves regardless of whether they are Dark type or not.

If Ash gets Absol it will likely know a Dark/Evil type move. The argument that it’s okay for Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d to know two Dark/Evil type moves being Brutal Swing and Night Slash but it is somehow not okay for Ash’s potential Absol to know a Dark/Evil type move just because it’s a Dark/Evil type Pokémon is just ridiculous.

That is just you trying to move the goal post.
None of Ash's previously-owned Dark-type pokemon utilized their Dark subtype though
The anime treats a lot of dual-typed pokemon as mono-type - Greninja's pure water and krookodile's pure ground, far as they care

ShadowForce720

Oh goody, another absol-bashing episode

my flippin' favorite

None of Ash's previously-owned Dark-type pokemon utilized their Dark subtype though
The anime treats a lot of dual-typed pokemon as mono-type - Greninja's pure water and krookodile's pure ground, far as they care
That literally doesn’t matter at this point the fact that they had no problem giving Ash’s Galarian Farfetch’d/Sirfetch’d two Dark/Evil type moves kills any argument that Ash’s Pokémon can’t use Dark/Evil type moves regardless of whether they are Dark type or not.

If they were comfortable with the idea of Ash’s Pokémon using Dark/Evil type moves then they wouldn’t have had any of Ash’s Pokémon know moves of that type regardless of them being Dark/Evil type or not.

Trying to argue that it is okay for Ash’s Sirfetch’d to know two Dark/Evil type moves because it’s not a Dark/Evil type Pokémon, but it’s not okay for Ash’s potential Absol to know a Dark/Evil type move just because it is an Dark/Evil type Pokémon, is just blatantly trying to move the goal post.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Trying to argue that it is okay for Ash’s Sirfetch’d to know two Dark/Evil type moves because it’s not a Dark/Evil type Pokémon, but it’s not okay for Ash’s potential Absol to know a Dark/Evil type move just because it is an Dark/Evil type Pokémon, is just blatantly trying to move the goal post.
*stares at Farfetch'd character arc, which explains why it knows Dark-type moves*

...do people actually watch the anime, or do they just make stuff up for the heck of it?

ShadowForce720

*stares at Farfetch'd character arc, which explains why it knows Dark-type moves*

...do people actually watch the anime, or do they just make stuff up for the heck of it?
Again if they had a problem with Ash’s Pokémon using Dark type moves then they wouldn’t have had his Galarian Farfetch’d know two Dark type moves.

Would seriously stop trying to move the goal post and making up excuses. Farfetch’d’s character arc didn’t require it to know two Dark type moves and heck they if they needed to they could have written it differently.

Red and Blue

If Farfetch'd can learn Night Slash and Brutal Swing then Absol should be fine with Night Slash, Dark Pulse, etc. Clearly the writers changed their minds about Ash's Pokemon not learning Dark type moves outside of Bite and Crunch

D

Deleted member 384931

Now the real question: will absol go to Satoshi or Gou?

nickdt

I mean, if they make Ash use the Move Night Slash (Which is literally called Crossroad Killing in Japanese), then i doubt they won't let him use Dark type moves on a Dark type Pokemon.

If Ash was so Heroic, they wouldn't even let him use Night Slash in the first place.

Galarfetch'd also knew/knows Brutal Swing.

However, regarding Sirfetch'd and the route they seem to go (White Knight), i kinda suspect they will lose Brutal Swing and Night Slash on him all together, but especially Night Slash, since it doesn't fit with his White Knight route.

D

Deleted member 384931

Ash will catch it because.....

Dragonite - hugger
Mimey - hostess
Gengar - prank master
Lucario - ninja Naruto Uzumaki
Sirfetch'd - loyalty knight
Dracovish - childish pokemon
Absol - edgy lord

Goh's pokemon has no personality development other than only his starters from Galar.
You forget Greninja lol
And Gou's Raichu

Status
Not open for further replies.