• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 30th: PM2019 064 - The Detested Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

If Farfetch'd can learn Night Slash and Brutal Swing then Absol should be fine with Night Slash, Dark Pulse, etc. Clearly the writers changed their minds about Ash's Pokemon not learning Dark type moves outside of Bite and Crunch
Exactly it’s just an excuse that they are making so that Ash doesn’t get a pure dark type pokemon. I remember when Greninja couldn’t even show off Night Slash when it was on Ash’s team and they kept it to continue to use cut instead. We finally have a series that has broken the pattern of Ash using dark type moves thanks to Sirfetch’d, so there is no excuse with a dark type pokemon using dark type moves.
Now the real question: will absol go to Satoshi or Gou?
I would Ash to get it but I won’t be surprised if it ends up with Goh because of his goal.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I'm one of the groups that don't care if Absol joins Ash's or Goh's team.
I'm interested in Ash getting the Gardevoir because Mimey is lazy to train fights in PWC.
Nice if Gardevoir fights Rinko's Gallade, even using mega evolution.

But once Ash gets Absol, I want to see how his personality develops and how he maintains his relationship with people after he has been treated by them.

And once Goh gets this Pokemon, we'll be able to admire it ... only when the Cerise Park scene comes, that's all.

If Ash doesn’t get Absol then I hope that he gets Zoroark
He isn't getting any of them lmao. Wishlist's can be put to an eternal rest. Moreover ash's pikachu's a jealous rat, he wouldn't allow a pure electric type to wander anywhere within a radius of 200 miles from him.

Master Pikachu 11

He isn't getting any of them lmao. Wishlist's can be put to an eternal rest. Moreover ash's pikachu's a jealous rat, he wouldn't allow a pure electric type to wander anywhere within a radius of 200 miles from him.
Never say never, Dracovish isn’t Ash’s last capture regardless of whether you or anyone else on this forum doesn’t want him to catch more.

ShadowForce720

Absol and Zoroark are pure Dark type Pokémon and not Pure Electric type Pokémon, so I’m not seeing how Pikachu being a pure Electric type would somehow prevent Ash from getting a pure Dark type Pokémon.

Also it wasn’t that long ago that some people would have called the idea of Ash getting Dragonite, Gengar, and a Lucario a wish list that was never going to happen and yet here we are.

ImBeVillain

No more six members

Let me remind you, that episode 60 has already aired and we have about 90 episodes left. Do you think he'll never catch pokemons again?
Remember how it was in Alola, how many pokemon did he catch? There were definitely not only five.
Remember Sinnoh, when he released Gliscor (there were 6 pokemon back then) for training, who was next to be captured?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Let me remind you, that episode 60 has already aired and we have about 90 episodes left. Do you think he'll never catch pokemons again?
Remember how it was in Alola, how many pokemon did he catch? There were definitely not only five.
Remember Sinnoh, when he released Gliscor (there were 6 pokemon back then) for training, who was next to be captured?
I'm not seeing the correlation, especially since this series doesn't have the same storytelling pattern or plot similarities in general. That said, considering how he hasn't been using Kairyu and Gangar that often, the fact that he ignored Kamonegi for quite a while, and his rare usage of Uonoragon, it would be nice if he could at least work with the ones he's got now a lot more before he supposedly captures more.

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
Three popular mons for 3 galar strters (checked)
1st regional variant ( checked)
1st fossil ( checked)
Thats it for ash this series although i want him to catch more mons or do anything to treat his mons as he did in alola or any prev series (except some unfortunate ones)

I think absol is going to goh and i would b fine cuz we know how old gen mons that r not gohs get treatment in this series and also grimsnarl is better option for ash

ImBeVillain

No more six members
it was literally only 5 (unless you count non-poipole UB's as captures)
That's what I'm talking about CATCHING. He caught some ultra beasts. Unfortunately, however, he could not use them, which is a pity, because there was such a nice potential.
Imagine if he is using the Stakataka in the Alolan League...

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Three popular mons for 3 galar strters (checked)
1st regional variant ( checked)
1st fossil ( checked)
Thats it for ash this series although i want him to catch more mons or do anything to treat his mons as he did in alola or any prev series (except some unfortunate ones)

I think absol is going to goh and i would b fine cuz we know how old gen mons that r not gohs get treatment in this series and also grimsnarl is better option for ash
Grimmsnarl is reserved for * See the picture below *, if she will appear in anime.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
I actually hope Absol doesn't go to Ash. His other Pokemon on his Team haven't even gotten proper screentime. If they give him an Absol (just for it to merely appear) It is simply flat out clear that they are trying to satisfy the fanfiction crowd rather than wanting to write a proper story.

Status
Not open for further replies.