• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 30th: PM2019 064 - The Detested Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
9HhC0Xu.jpg

Satoshi and Go head to the Houen region to research a hot spring inn that's no longer getting any water. The villagers say an Absol is to blame, but...
FOCUS ON THIS:
The Disaster Pokémon Absol is really cool!!
Take note of the calm and collected Absol! Is it really the cause of this?!

----

Satoshi and Go have received a research request from Hoji in the Houen region, a boy Satoshi battled a while ago. It turns out that the hot spring inn Hoji's grandfather runs isn't getting any water anymore. The villagers blame the Disaster Pokémon Absol, but is this REALLY Absol's doing?! Satoshi and Go head to the Houen region to pin down the actual cause.

Screenplay 柿原優子 (Yuko Kakihara)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 門田英彦 (Hidehiko Kadota)
Animation Director 谷澤泰史 (Yasushi Tanizawa)
Animation Director 日置正志 (Masashi Hioki)

Last edited:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Absol would be a good add to Ash's team, but I can accept if it goes for Goh too. I mean, there are other Dark Types more interesting for Ash's team: Tyranitar (the potential return of his evolved friend Larvitar) and hopefully, Greninja's return.

dman_dustin

I guess Go getting Absol is made up by the likely Iris episodes in regards to Ash.

But I'm not really a fan of these bonding capture episodes as of late given how they handled Ash's last 2 captures and these long droughts of nothing happening for Ash.

Yes Farfetch'd's development has helped this issue but what happens after Iris? Nothing else can develop for Ash, since they refuse to show battles including never using Gengar or Dragonite.

Hell Lucario hasn't been used properly in awhile.

I fear Ash is just barely going to get anything from this point forward since he's not capture everything boy, he's not battle everything boy either.

Not trying to justify Ash getting Absol since that won't resolve the issue by the way.

But I feel Ash's characterization being really bad this series is going to become very obvious in the coming months outside Iris and Gary.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh so it wasnt fake. Neato.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The Glalie scene from the preview is probably from here. I guess them being attacked is a disaster Absol "caused". The Gorebyss is probably not, though given its Dex entries, you can say it fits as a "disaster". Dewgong getting two extra focus eps would be nice, though it's likely part of the obstacle course ep.

dman_dustin

The Glalie scene from the preview is probably from here. I guess them being attacked is a disaster Absol "caused". The Gorebyss is probably not, though given its Dex entries, you can say it fits as a "disaster".

Pretty sure the Gorebyss scene is from the water competition since it shoes Dewgong being in love and it being weird that it would mot come from that episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.