• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 30th: PM2019 064 - The Detested Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowDragon16

Hmmmm honestly I hope either Ash catches it or no one catches it. I mean we know anything that’s not a starter that’s caught by Goh is destined for the lab collection and since Absol can’t evolve and what not no sense bringing it out for random plots. I’m sure it will go to Goh however, this series is so formulaic and predictable who really cares?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I never cared much for Absol myself so I don't really care who it goes to if it even gets caught. Despite it being super popular, I find it pretty boring ngl.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Considering the following episode is focused on Ash, this is obviously going to Goh if there's a capture. They wouldn't have two Ash episodes in a row, what a sin.

And honestly, thank god Ash isn't getting Absol because the last thing he needs is another cool Pokémon collecting dust. Let Goh collect that dust, it's his thing.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I did it eventually. The braixen one are horrendous .
I'm sorry you had to go through that xD
Hmmmm honestly I hope either Ash catches it or no one catches it. I mean we know anything that’s not a starter that’s caught by Goh is destined for the lab collection and since Absol can’t evolve and what not no sense bringing it out for random plots. I’m sure it will go to Goh however, this series is so formulaic and predictable who really cares?
People are just lying if they claim this series is "predictable". Say what you will of journeys it ISNT predictable

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Oh goody, another absol-bashing episode

None of Ash's previously-owned Dark-type pokemon utilized their Dark subtype though
The anime treats a lot of dual-typed pokemon as mono-type - Greninja's pure water and krookodile's pure ground, far as they care

Once in every 20 odd years.. >.>

You forgot Scraggy.

Best Wishes was actually weird in that regard. They were pretty consistent with Unfezant, Palpitoad, Leavanny movesets having influences of both types and eventually even got round to giving Pignite Brick Break. I mean even Krookodile had Bite/Crunch for the majority of the run.

But on the same time, when Ash challenged Skyla, they had an onscreen representation signifying that Krokorok would be at a disadvantage vs. Skyla's Swoobat, because Ground-type moves can't hit Flying-types.. Ignoring the fact that Dark-types are immune to Psychic-type damage and that Dark-type moves are super-effective against Psychic. So in effect, type-wise, they had a stalemate with regards to one of their STAB-moves, but Flying wasn't super-effective against Ground so the graphic should've had Krokorok as the 'favorite', but it didn't.

You say that but they can totally Slash, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack, and Double Team it. Just look at Sirfetch'd, it has no damaging Fighting type moves atm.

I still don't get why they gave Charizard Slash during his BW-return.. -.-

I don't want ANYONE to catch it. I'm in an even smaller group.

I'm in the smallest group, I want EVERYONE to catch it.

Even IRIS! Because you can't spell Absol with BW: ABsoWl.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
None of Ash's previously-owned Dark-type pokemon utilized their Dark subtype though
The anime treats a lot of dual-typed pokemon as mono-type - Greninja's pure water and krookodile's pure ground, far as they care
Well, Krookodile was treated as a Dark type, only on defensive aspect, against Stephan's Sawk during the Unova League.
But for the majority of part, yeah Dark types owned by Ash aren't usually treated as one.

On the Moves aspect, other than "Bite" used by Totodile, Torterra, Lycanroc & Krookodile (which used to be treated as Normal type move in Gen 1), the only other Dark type move used by Ash's pokemon are "Crunch" by Krookodile and "Night Slash" & "Brutal Swing" by G.Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd (and it isn't even a Dark type).
You forgot Scraggy.
Well, this just proves the point of "Twilight-Kun".
By the way, you forgot "Incineroar".

Ultra Beast Lover

Let me guess. People think that Absol is causing problems in town, Go and Ash try to stop Absol until they realize that it's trying to save everyone, Go then catches Absol. Frankly I'm not that bothered by it, Absol wouldn't get much focus anyways.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Now that the next episode is for Ash, this one is Absolutely for Goh.
Shame most would call it an ABSOLute Disaster. Unless....

Alright I'll stop now, I've been cringey with this long enough.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Well, Krookodile was treated as a Dark type, only on defensive aspect, against Stephan's Sawk during the Unova League.
But for the majority of part, yeah Dark types owned by Ash aren't usually treated as one.

On the Moves aspect, other than "Bite" used by Totodile, Torterra, Lycanroc & Krookodile (which used to be treated as Normal type move in Gen 1), the only other Dark type move used by Ash's pokemon are "Crunch" by Krookodile and "Night Slash" & "Brutal Swing" by G.Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd (and it isn't even a Dark type).

Well, this just proves the point of "Twilight-Kun".
By the way, you forgot "Incineroar".

"Used to be treated as Normal-type move in Gen 1". None of Totodile, Torterra, Krookodile or Lycanroc were from that generation though. It's kind of a weak argument. You'd have to believe that the writers haven't realized it has been a Dark-type move since Gen2?

True. Then again, Incineroar has been in fewer episode then Palpitoad. -.-

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
People will be bashing absol thinking it has caused the disasters so goh is the only person who has to save the little absol and ash will just show his cool expressions cuz u have to show parallelism u know
Ash stopped the miners throwing rocks at coalossal so....

Zariful

If Goh hadn't become more like Ash as the series progressed, I would say this could easily be an Ash befriends a misjudged Pokémon and they want to join his team. But since Goh is now displaying these traits. I could say either or. Would be nice to see another Ash mon provided he uses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.