• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 30th: PM2019 064 - The Detested Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
So you're telling me that TRio somehow went to Hoenn specifically for this hot spring spot out of nowhere, and the kids conveniently Goh there.
Remember when TRio started up farming in exactly the right place so they would run into Ash and Go in the diglett episode?

Remember when TRio was on their way to the dragonite island to pick up dratini for the game corner when Ash and Go showed up?

Remember when TRio were chasing a wild gengar and attacked by Ash and Go for no reason?

ShadowForce720

Remember when TRio started up farming in exactly the right place so they would run into Ash and Go in the diglett episode?

Remember when TRio was on their way to the dragonite island to pick up dratini for the game corner when Ash and Go showed up?

Remember when TRio were chasing a wild gengar and attacked by Ash and Go for no reason?
That’s Team Rocket Trio being Team Rocket Trio, which has literally happened in every series.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Team Rocket's been stalking Ash for ages. I wouldn't doubt they still do it unconsciously.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Yeah, this isn't being a stalker. This is being bound by fate, except not romantically.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
If this is where the blizzard scene is from then it's interesting that Grookey isn't with Goh considering it's full walking status, which we know it still has in the Iris episode. Though Grookey may be knocked out/ protected from the cold.
Goh might've just put it in it's Pokeball.

It is a Grass Type after all so it's very susceptible to the cold weather

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I fail to see how Ash’s chances of catching Absol have dropped when the episode isn’t specifically focus on Goh or one character. Ash has just as much chance of catching Absol as Goh and Hoji does.
We have Goh, the character who generally puts in a pokeball every mon he casually meets, and Hoji, a returning CoTD who's specifically tied to the episode plot and have more of a reason to catch absol.

I suppose wait for the summary is better, but, for now, Ash's chances looks unlikely.

If Ash catches Absol, it'll make up for him not to catch Flygon, if Go is the one catching Absol he will receive many negative backlash from viewers. If Hoji is the one catching Absol he will have a debate from both sides(People who wanted Ash to catch it and people who doesn't mind Hoji catching it). If Ash doesn't keep Absol(by either releasing it or giving it to Hoji) many fans will throw a tantrum, if Go doesn't keep it, Go haters won't mind that. If Absol is a POTD(which means no one catches it) the episode will be treated as a filler or will receive negative review....I think.
Honestly, absol isn't a pokemon that I'm, OH, so eager to see in the main cast or with Ash, for instance. Good for who gets it, I think?

ShadowForce720

We have Goh, the character who generally puts in a pokeball every mon he casually meets, and Hoji, a returning CoTD who's specifically tied to the episode plot and have more of a reason to catch absol.

I suppose wait for the summary is better, but, for now, Ash's chances looks unlikely.

Honestly, absol isn't a pokemon that I'm, OH, so eager to see in the main cast or with Ash, for instance. Good for who gets it, I think?
That doesn’t really mean that Ash’s chances of being the one catch Absol are unlikely. It’s not that unusual for a character of the day to not catch the Pokémon in that is featured in the plot of the episode.

Also just because Goh’s goal is to catch every mon and catch a lot of mons doesn’t mean that it’s suddenly more likely for him to get Absol then Ash.

If Absol was just a background Pokémon that was only in the episode for a few seconds then of course he would be the one to get it.

However as thing cut stands right now there is nothing that indicates that this episode is specifically focused more on Goh or Ash, so they both have an equal chance of getting Absol. As for Hoji like I said before just because he is specifically tied to the episodes plot doesn’t automatically mean that he has a more likely chance to catch it then Ash or Goh.

Right now it’s still up in the air as to who will get the Absol or if it will even get caught in the first place. Also not to forget to mention the fact that Glalie is also probably in this episode so that’s another Pokémon that could be a potential capture.

Although when it comes to Glalie obviously Ash wouldn’t be the one to catch it because he already has one.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Hodge (Hoji) is here? Awesome! I hope he's a PWC trainer now to justify should he capture Absol...

Absol goes to either Goh or Hodge... I already lost trust with the writers to give Ash quadruped mons...

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Also just because Goh’s goal is to catch every mon and catch a lot of mons doesn’t mean that it’s suddenly more likely for him to get Absol then Ash.

I mean really? The kid whose goal is to catch everything, and usually catch thing even in episodes that does not focus on him, does not have a higher chance of making a capture in an episode?

Riiiiiight.

ShadowForce720

I mean really? The kid whose goal is to catch everything, and usually catch thing even in episodes that does not focus on him, does not have a higher chance of making a capture in an episode?

Riiiiiight.
Difference is most of those captures that he got in episodes that weren’t focused on him were 1 second captures that weren’t the focus of the episode. Absol is one of the major focus of the episode so since the episode is not specifically indicated to focus on Goh, it means he and Ash and possibly Hoji all have an equal chance of catching Absol.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I saw the name Hoji and I got confused thinking people were talking about Kiawe's sister. I had to look up her name again. It was Hoshi. Whoops.

I'm happy they are bringing back the Journeys CotDs. I wonder if he'll catch Absol. He already has Mightyena so it fits him.

I want him to mention that he's challenging the Hoenn League and not the WCS. I don't want everyone to suddenly be in it. It's okay if the recurring characters do their own thing.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I saw the name Hoji and I got confused thinking people were talking about Kiawe's sister. I had to look up her name again. It was Hoshi. Whoops.

I'm happy they are bringing back the Journeys CotDs. I wonder if he'll catch Absol. He already has Mightyena so it fits him.

I want him to mention that he's challenging the Hoenn League and not the WCS. I don't want everyone to suddenly be in it. It's okay if the recurring characters do their own thing.
Yeah, hopefully he's not competing. I like the guy but we already saw Ash beat him, at least Rinto could expand past a one on one and potentially include Mega Gallade if Ash battles him again.

It already feels forced enough that the Galar Gym Leaders are all most likely top 100 classed given Ash hasn't faced any yet, other than Bea. The Galar gym leaders are supposed to be the strongest in the world(for now anyways lol) but all of them shouldn't be that high. Kabu is so strong that people literally quit the Galar League cause they can't beat him, so it definitely fits him.
Not to mention Bede and Marnie, I'd have liked them set up earlier on. Not when Ash is in the top 100.... sure they could knock him back out but he'll probably be at the exact same freaking rank next episode/next PWC centric episode due to offscreen wizardry so what's the point? They had no idea what they were doing with this, I hate Showcases but at least they seemed to have a good idea how that worked despite how rigged it was

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Difference is most of those captures that he got in episodes that weren’t focused on him were 1 second captures that weren’t the focus of the episode. Absol is one of the major focus of the episode so since the episode is not specifically indicated to focus on Goh, it means he and Ash and possibly Hoji all have an equal chance of catching Absol.
I point towards the diglet ep which basically has the same setup as this one, that is a pokemon causing a problem and them getting called to help.

It wasn’t an ep focused on goh, but the immediate solution they came up with is to catch them. Who catches them? The resident catch maniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.