• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 30th: PM2019 064 - The Detested Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I point towards the diglet ep which basically has the same setup as this one, that is a pokemon causing a problem and them getting called to help.

It wasn’t an ep focused on goh, but the immediate solution they came up with is to catch them. Who catches them? The resident catch maniac.
And yet there are plenty of episodes that focus on a specific Pokémon and we’re not focus on Goh and did not result in Goh catching that specific Pokémon.

Pointing to one specific episode that didn’t focus on Goh but did focus on a specific Pokémon that resulted in a capture from Goh does not automatically mean that every episode that focuses on a specific Pokémon that isn’t focus on Goh somehow has a higher chance of Goh getting that specific Pokémon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Is there a specific reason why people are acting like Team Rocket randomly showing up in the same place as Ash and his friends is something new and not something that has been happening for the past twenty years?

Seriously, what the fuck?
Difference is TRio is always somewhere along the road waiting to ambush Ash because then the path was predictable.

Unless they heard Ash was heading to this hot spring in another region across the map, them showing up there and possibly being the main culprits is a bit too...convenient and specific?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Difference is TRio is always somewhere along the road waiting to ambush Ash because then the path was predictable.

Unless they heard Ash was heading to this hot spring in another region across the map, them showing up there and possibly being the main culprits is a bit too...convenient and specific?
...you don't remember the Florges/Goodra arc do you?

ShadowForce720

That’s not really that different from what normally happens. I mean heck no matter how you try to argue in past series it is way to super convenient that Team Rocket Trio just so happens to get assigned to go to the next region Ash is going to even when they don’t know he is going there.

It ridiculous to try to claim that this is somehow unique to Journeys when this has always been the case in past series.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
And yet there are plenty of episodes that focus on a specific Pokémon and we’re not focus on Goh and did not result in Goh catching that specific Pokémon.

Pointing to one specific episode that didn’t focus on Goh but did focus on a specific Pokémon that resulted in a capture from Goh does not automatically mean that every episode that focuses on a specific Pokémon that isn’t focus on Goh somehow has a higher chance of Goh getting that specific Pokémon.
Gee, then how about golurk? How about flygon? But whatever. Of course it’s not always going to happen, it’s a chance not a guarantee.

I think it’s pretty obvious that the one person with a goal of catching everything will by default have a higher chance of catching a pokemon in an episode, unless it’s specifically about another character. Even then he has a good chance to catch something. It’s quite literally his thing, he’s the only one who constantly wants it. There’s no reason to assume goh wouldn’t try to catch it, and no particular reason to assume anybody else would. So until the story of the episode becomes clear, there’s no reason to not default to goh as the most likely to make a catch if one is to happen.

That’s all i’m going to say about this.

ShadowForce720

Yeah, but, my question was if they did that when Goomy fled the coup. If they did that when the group just arrived there, it wasn't very strangely convenient.
Yes, they did that when Goomy’s fled the coup, basically despite initially there being no indication that they were involved in the whole Swamp Conflict, and when Goodra finally returned home we find out that the whole thing that forced Florges and her army to attack Goomy’s home and drive it out of it’s home land when it was a Goomy was the Team Rocket Trio.

Basically if it wasn’t for Team Rocket Trio, Florges and her army would have no reason to attack Goomy’s home and this Goomy would have never been driven away from it’s home.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yes, they did that when Goomy’s fled the coup, basically despite initially there being no indication that they were involved in the whole Swamp Conflict, and when Goodra finally returned home we find out that the whole thing that forced Florges and her army to attack Goomy’s home and drive it out of it’s home land when it was a Goomy was the Team Rocket Trio.

Basically if it wasn’t for Team Rocket Trio, Florges and her army would have no reason to attack Goomy’s home and this Goomy would have never been driven away from it’s home.
Man, that swamp must have had a lot of water to drain that they weren't done by the time the group arrived th-

Okay, yeah, that was also very dumb.

esquilo09

Gee, then how about golurk? How about flygon? But whatever. Of course it’s not always going to happen, it’s a chance not a guarantee.

I think it’s pretty obvious that the one person with a goal of catching everything will by default have a higher chance of catching a pokemon in an episode, unless it’s specifically about another character. Even then he has a good chance to catch something. It’s quite literally his thing, he’s the only one who constantly wants it. There’s no reason to assume goh wouldn’t try to catch it, and no particular reason to assume anybody else would. So until the story of the episode becomes clear, there’s no reason to not default to goh as the most likely to make a catch if one is to happen.

That’s all i’m going to say about this.
If Go catches Absol he will finally have his second dark type, if he doesn't, then his second dark type will be either a regional variant or a Murkrow or a Pawniard(which would also become his second steel type, thus killing two Pidgeys with one Rock Throw).

esquilo09

So where are people leaning towards as to who's going to capture Absol? I'm thinking Goh.
The majory are leaning towards Ash, while others are leaning towards Go and some(such as me) are leaning towards Hoji and a few(also me included) thinks Absol is just a POTD just like in Absol-ute Disaster.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The majory are leaning towards Ash, while others are leaning towards Go and some(such as me) are leaning towards Hoji and a few(also me included) thinks Absol is just a POTD just like in Absol-ute Disaster.
Majority are actually saying Absol goes to Go (assuming the thing joins the main cast).

esquilo09

Majority are actually saying Absol goes to Go (assuming the thing joins the main cast).
If Go catches Absol, it will finally be his second dark type. But in case he doesn't, his second dark type might be either a regional variant(I'm leaning toward A-Rattata) or an unpopular dark type such as Murkrow or Pawniard which also would become his second steel type as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.