• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 30th: PM2019 064 - The Detested Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

Though the plot is similar to Absol-ute Disaster, the only difference is that Absol has a distrust of humans as it attacked Ash and Go with either Scratch or Slash.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It'd be cool if Ash got it, I don't really want him to get more Pokemon that can evolve unless it's something like Kubfu or Piplup as they actually promote stuff. The series is just a massive let down in how they handle evolution, spam a focus arc for Ash's Pokemon and cue evolution. Goh's Pokemon sit on their ass and instantly get an evolution out of nowhere!(Which was fine for the Bugs tbh but still)

And with reserves confirmed to come back(HA! Told you all lmao) I'd rather see the evolutions go to Gible and others as who knows if the next saga will go back to basics or not. Let Ash get Tyranitar, Corviknight, whatever in the final stage. Especially since the kid's in Hyper Class
A singular stage Pokemon would be good for Ash as it could come in and not potentially hijack spotlight from Dracovish with a focus arc.

ShadowForce720

Just pointing this out but looking at the preview for this specific episode it looks like Absol knows a move that involves using it’s claws which the only moves that Absol can learn that would match up with the move being depicted is Slash or maybe False Swipe, although I’m leaning towards it being Slash.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Snowy Hoenn, was the perfect opportunity for Walrein to appear after years....

Snorunt, Glalie and Absol, they are all Pokemon that appear in Mount Lanakila, yet they chose a random snowy location in Hoenn.

JN's worldbuilding has been trash 9.5 out of 10 times. Nothing surprising in this regards anymore.
I believe the snowy area isn't normally like that and the cause is obviously the Glalie family.

Why can't we have the Iris episode on this day? Way to ruin the day for me.

On Topic: I know a lot of fans have wanted Ash to get Absol for years, I just can't see that happening. Most old Pokemon Ash has captured are quite popular among the staff.

ShadowForce720

Why can't we have the Iris episode on this day? Way to ruin the day for me.

On Topic: I know a lot of fans have wanted Ash to get Absol for years, I just can't see that happening. Most old Pokemon Ash has captured are quite popular among the staff.
And whose to say that Absol isn’t popular among the staff, we don’t have any idea of what Pokémon the anime staff likes they come out and directly say.

And not all of Ash’s current team members have been specifically said to be popular with any of the current members of the anime staff so I fail to see why we should suddenly use what’s popular with the anime staff to decide what Pokémon Ash can or cannot get.

Especially given the fact that there is no way to know what Pokémon is popular among the anime staff besides them coming out and directly telling us.

And whose to say that Absol isn’t popular among the staff, we don’t have any idea of what Pokémon the anime staff likes they come out and directly say.

And not all of Ash’s current team members have been specifically said to be popular with any of the current members of the anime staff so I fail to see why we should suddenly use what’s popular with the anime staff to decide what Pokémon Ash can or cannot get.

Especially given the fact that there is no way to know what Pokémon is popular among the anime staff besides them coming out and directly telling us.
They don't have to tell us, it's obvious. A buizel was in the Lucario movie, then Dawn got one which was traded to Ash and many more appearances including the one from the latest episode. A Pokemon that appears a lot is popular with the staff. Kind of like how frog/toad mons always end up on the main cast. They play favorites, they have been doing it for more than 20 years.

As for Ash's current team. Gengar gets an appearance every gen(even though I don't remember the BW one). Dragonite was on the main cast before and gets plenty of screentime. Lucario is Lucario, I shouldn't have to explain that.

ShadowForce720

They don't have to tell us, it's obvious. A buizel was in the Lucario movie, then Dawn got one which was traded to Ash and many more appearances including the one from the latest episode. A Pokemon that appears a lot is popular with the staff. Kind of like how frog/toad mons always end up on the main cast. They play favorites, they have been doing it for more than 20 years.

As for Ash's current team. Gengar gets an appearance every gen(even though I don't remember the BW one). Dragonite was on the main cast before and gets plenty of screentime. Lucario is Lucario, I shouldn't have to explain that.
Then Absol easily falls into being popular with the anime staff since it’s appeared in every series since it’s debut as well. Although no, I wouldn’t say that just because a Pokémon appears a lot necessarily means that it’s popular with the anime staff.

As a lot of those Pokémon that you mentioned are popular with fan base in general l, so of course they are going to appear a lot so that they can sale a lot of merchandise.

If anything what the anime staff finds popular isn’t as relevant as your trying to make it sound because even if the anime staff hated a specific Pokémon if the marketing team decides they want to market said Pokémon through the anime even if the anime staff hates it that’s tough luck for the anime staff.

Likewise if the anime staff wants to market a Pokémon that popular specifically to them but the marketing team tells them to choose a different Pokémon instead then again tough luck for the anime.

Also again there is no way to know what Pokémon the anime staff finds popular unless they specifically tell us. Because let’s be honest even if they hated Lucario, Charizard, Eeevee etc. it wouldn’t really matter because those are extremely popular and marketable Pokémon that are going to appear in the anime regardless of how the anime staff feels about them.

kickachu

Momentai!
what If this episode is like the comfey episode where none of us expect the unexpected like how Brock got comfey but in this catch ash catches absol or it becomes a recurring Pokemon of 2021

esquilo09

what If this episode is like the comfey episode where none of us expect the unexpected like how Brock got comfey but in this catch ash catches absol or it becomes a recurring Pokemon of 2021
Doubt it, but if it chooses to be captured by Ash without a battle then that's that.

Pros and cons about and Go catching Absol:

Ash's pro:
First pure dark type
Second feline
First based on a mythological creature(A Sphynx. a Bai Ze or a Iamassu)

Ash's con:
Won't get screen time outside of battles and training
Won't show much of a personality besides having a calm disposition

Go's pros:
Second dark time
Second feline
8th based on a mythological creature(1st are K and G- Exeggutor, 2nd is Misdreavus, 3rd is Suicune, 4th is Drowzee, 5th is Golurk, 6th is Flygon and 7th is Phantump)
Will make cameo appearances in Cerise Park

Go's cons:
Receiving backlash from Go haters
Rarely being used by Go

dman_dustin

I don't see Ash catching it, we don't see it in an extra manner in the special preview so I feel as if Go makes more sense.

Plus again I don't know why they would promote 3rd gen over 4th gen. I feel like an actual 4th gen Pokemon would make more sense for Ash even with Lucario. At least bringing back Gible.

ShadowForce720

I don't see Ash catching it, we don't see it in an extra manner in the special preview so I feel as if Go makes more sense.

Plus again I don't know why they would promote 3rd gen over 4th gen. I feel like an actual 4th gen Pokemon would make more sense for Ash even with Lucario. At least bringing back Gible.
Just because Absol didn’t appear in the special preview doesn’t mean that Ash couldn’t get it, after all let’s not forget the fact that despite Dracovish getting caught in episode 50 it didn’t appear again until 13 episodes later in episode 63.

Also just because there going to be promoting gen 4 doesn’t mean Ash couldn’t get any Pokémon from gens 2, 3, 5, 6, and/or 7. Considering all the regions are being featured there is no problem with him getting Pokémon from generations that aren’t 1, 4, and 8.

Sure it’s not guaranteed that Ash will get Absol but it’s most certainly isn’t guaranteed that he won’t get it. Also it does make sense for Ash to get a gen 3 Pokémon in a series that is featuring all the regions.

Ash getting Absol would not prevent him from getting Piplup or bringing back Gible.

dman_dustin

Just because Absol didn’t appear in the special preview doesn’t mean that Ash couldn’t get it, after all let’s not forget the fact that despite Dracovish getting caught in episode 50 it didn’t appear again until 13 episodes later in episode 63.

Also just because there going to be promoting gen 4 doesn’t mean Ash couldn’t . Also it does make sense for Ash to get a gen 3 Pokémon in a series that is featuring all the regions.

Ash getting Absol would not prevent him from getting Piplup or bringing back Gible.

1. Unlike Dracovish I can't imagine them waiting since Ash doesn't have an unevolved Pokemon, sure we barely see Ash's journsy's team but that says more that they won't get big appearances I don't see the point of Absol getting shafted like Dracovish was.

1b. In context to preview, we don't see Ash bonding with Absol, does Ash's Pokemon need to treated more crappy that Ash catches Absol but its a nothing episode. Doesn't Ash deserve better in regards to his Pokemon, do they needed to be treated like the vast amount Go's Pokemon? Grookey got a dedicated episode, Absol doesn't?

2. Ash isn't getting an infinite amount of Pokemon, while you can argue his options are great, you can't argue for multiple choices. He's not getting Absol, Piplup, Urshifu, Corviknight and Golisopod, he's lucky to get one maybe even 2 but he's not getting all 5 of these Pokemon

3. Time and Place, getting Absol now makes no sense when we are seeing Infernape in the preview, why would they randomly focus on 3rd generation when 4th generation makes sense? Either Ash getting Absol should've been done sooner or maybe next year but I feel like 4th gen should get priority. Especially with context of them not linking Absol with Ash in the preview except being next to Go which brings me back to my other point: Why give Ash a Go-like capture it it was so important? We don't need another Farfetch'd/Dracovish in captures for Ash.

ShadowForce720

1. Unlike Dracovish I can't imagine them waiting since Ash doesn't have an unevolved Pokemon, sure we barely see Ash's journsy's team but that says more that they won't get big appearances I don't see the point of Absol getting shafted like Dracovish was.

1b. In context to preview, we don't see Ash bonding with Absol, does Ash's Pokemon need to treated more crappy that Ash catches Absol but its a nothing episode. Doesn't Ash deserve better in regards to his Pokemon, do they needed to be treated like the vast amount Go's Pokemon? Grookey got a dedicated episode, Absol doesn't?

2. Ash isn't getting an infinite amount of Pokemon, while you can argue his options are great, you can't argue for multiple choices. He's not getting Absol, Piplup, Urshifu, Corviknight and Golisopod, he's lucky to get one maybe even 2 but he's not getting all 5 of these Pokemon

3. Time and Place, getting Absol now makes no sense when we are seeing Infernape in the preview, why would they randomly focus on 3rd generation when 4th generation makes sense? Either Ash getting Absol should've been done sooner or maybe next year but I feel like 4th gen should get priority. Especially with context of them not linking Absol with Ash in the preview except being next to Go which brings me back to my other point: Why give Ash a Go-like capture it it was so important? We don't need another Farfetch'd/Dracovish in captures for Ash.
We don’t know what Pokémon Ash will or won’t get. It’s also not a matter of how we want Ash’s captures to be handled.

Of course Ash isn’t getting infinite amount of Pokémon however we don’t know how many Pokémon he will get or what they will be.

Also Infernape being in the preview doesn’t really say anything about what the outcome of the Absol will be. Ash catch Absol in episode 64 doesn’t prevent him from promoting gen 4.

Also if they truly cared about prioritizing Ash’s captures to promote the current games then they wouldn’t have put off the capture of Ash’s 1st gen 8 Pokémon to be his 4 capture and then have Ash catch 3 non gen 8 Pokémon as his first 3 captures especially considering two of those Pokémon didn’t promote Sword & Shield nor there DLC in any way.

Also Goh-like capture? Are you kidding me? Yes they have given some capture episodes plots that focus on one Pokémon to Goh, but let’s not pretend that a Pokémon being discriminated against isn’t a plot of capture that doesn’t make sense for Ash.

It wouldn’t be the first time Ash caught a Pokémon that he wasn’t initially shown to bond with either. If anything the plot of episode 64 makes perfect sense for a capture for Ash. Could it go to Goh? certainly, but it’s also possible that it could go to Ash.

Plus it wouldn’t be the first time that Ash caught a Pokémon in this series that people were saying he wouldn’t catch.

Nothing is written in stone and with how this series been is there are very few things that are certain. At this point one could just draw names from a hat or use a dart board or make a list of a random group of Pokémon and have the same chance of being right as everything else.

If there is one thing I learned about this series is that while we can speculate on what Ash might or might not catch we have no way of knowing what Ash’s team will actually be or how many captures he will actually get.

Status
Not open for further replies.