• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 30th: PM2019 064 - The Detested Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Feliz Aniversário @Kawaii Emolga

==============

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the Absol ends up with Goh. Right now, it's the most likely option.

STICKTOPIA

Haha can't wait for the salt when Goh catch's Absol over Ash. I couldn't care less about Absol so I'm not invested in this one.
Boy it’s going to be a lot of salt this Friday lol.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
AbSALT Friday!

But, more salt than with flygon? Doubtful.
Unlike Absol, nearly every person thought Flygon might have been a chance for Ash which in the end, it was another case of naive thinking and jumping into conclusions.

Red and Blue

Honestly I doubt there will be much salt if Go is the one spending time with Absol and clearing it's name. The preview and summary were already ambiguous as to who would catch it

FatBigachu

For the first time, I want Goh to catch a pokemon that Ash is likely to catch. There's no point in Ash catching a new pokemon anymore, especially if Infernape joins the team.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
My last time saying this, if I'm wrong then oh well. I think Absol will go to Ash because it follows two patterns for the Journeys series. The first is that all of Ash's older Pokemon that he caught represented a type he didn't get in their respective regions (Dragon and Ghost for Kanto and Steel for Sinnoh). The second pattern is that each member of Ash's Journeys roster represents a first for Ash in some form (except Lucario, which I think will be first Mega Evolution). For Absol, it would be first pure Dark typing. Absol being on the new poster wouldn't make sense for Goh since none of his Pokemon other than the Galar starters are on it.
Eh this is kinda irrevelant anyways but coincidentally, the character of the typical Absol does fit the backstory and characters of some certain reserves.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Absol's story is similar to the story in AG.

Absol is probably protecting something. Again, a brave pokemon.

Normally I thought neither Ash nor Goh would get Absol.

But they can give it to someone.

But I feel like it will be given to Ash to be the main pokemon.

Absol is not that important pokemon. But it is introduced like the main pokemon.

Goh is already catching pokemon all the time. The pokemons he captured were not in focus except Starters and Suicune.

If Absol is the focus, I think Ash is more likely to be.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
AbSALT Friday!

But, more salt than with flygon? Doubtful.
I think nothing can beat the Sobble salt...

Absol being on the new poster wouldn't make sense for Goh since none of his Pokemon other than the Galar starters are on it.
Those "other than the Galar starters" are Absol and Ninetales...

Goh is already catching pokemon all the time. The pokemons he captured were not in focus except Starters and Suicune.
Cubone, Eternatus and Dugtrio...

Master Pikachu 11

If it is Gou's it will rot(look at Flygeon lol)
If it is Satoshi's it will rot(look at Gengar)
EVERYBODY HAPPY
Say what you want about Gengar but like Farfetch’d and now Dragonite, it has been able to participate in two important PWC battles, and that is more then half of what Goh has done for majority of his Pokémon including the first non starter Pokémon that he has ever bonded with to capture in Cubone. It should have been apart of his main team after that episode, but instead it has sat in the lab.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Absol is more fit with Ash, because:
1. Ash is always nice person with helping to problem pokemon, he have more experienced with pokemon tough personality (Charizard, Infernape, Incineroar (as a Litten), Lycanroc, Gengar)

2. Based on this preview look like Absol is strong and does not let anyone get close to someone, so I doubt Goh would have an easy time throwing pokeballs at him. Remember the capture episode of Galar Farfetch'd? So in this situation, Ash has a better chance because he can communicate with Pokemon.

3. Ash's Pokemon have different personalities, the team lacks a Pokemon with a unique silent personality similar to Ash's Grovyle - that why Absol is a perfect example.
Dragonite - a very positive and energetic pokemon, likes to hug someone.
Mimey - likes to clean rooms, but also to make fun of someone.
Gengar - likes to cause trouble to others.
Lucario - just like a ninja warrior.
Sirfetch'd - a very loyal knight.
Dracovish - a childish personality, a clever pokemon.
ABSOL - dark edgy lord?*

4. Ash specializes best in dark-type pokemon or pokemon with a dark movement set. Here are some examples:
Scraggy - dark/fighting pokemon
Krookodile - dark/ground pokemon (Bite and Crunch)
Greninja - water/dark pokemon
Incineroar - fire/dark pokemon
---------------------------------------------------
Totodile - water pokemon with Bite
Torterra - grass/ground with Bite (only when as a Turtwig)
Lycanroc - rock pokemon with Bite
Sirfetch'd - fighting pokemon with Night Slash, Brutal Swing

But i don't care if Goh will catch this pokemon, because i'm happy yet about Infernape return.

GhostWallker98

I'd say Goh has a good chance of catching it, but after that fossil episode we had, I am not sure what to think anymore regarding who's getting what.

Status
Not open for further replies.