• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 30th: PM2019 064 - The Detested Absol

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKS-Lapras

I'm sorry, but the fact that so little is known about this episode is really annoying. On one hand, you can chalk it up to the Anime promotion team having become better at their jobs in recent years, that often plot details have become more and more vague, but on the flip side of that argument, there really shouldn't be this much still unknown less than 24 hours before airing.

esquilo09

Is either Ash or Goh catch an Absol tomorrow.
I don't care who catches it, both characters will get achievements.

Ash's Absol:
First pure Dark type
Second Pokémon based on a mythical creature(Glalie is an Oni)
Second feline

Go's Absol:
Second Dark type
First pure Dark type
Sixth Pokémon based on a mythical creature(Golurk is a Golem, Drowzee is a Baku, Exeggutor is a Jinmenju, Misdreavus is a Nukekubi and Phantump is based on a Kodama)
Second feline

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Now for my miraculous last min prediction: Ash-Absol.
That's all. Stuck with that since the beginning and will stick with it. Unless truly proven otherwise beforehand, I never bail out. I'd be a wuss if I did.

dman_dustin

Not that anyone cares, but I'll be glad when Ash DOES NOT get Absol.

There are far better Pokemon available to him and in only in my opinion Absol is absolutely useless tor Ash. Again I repeat, only my opinion, you will obviously disagree.

The good news, is Ash will get Absol because the anime is actively trying to piss me off and give Ash crappy Pokemon when he deserves better Pokemon. But alas it is just my stupid opinion.

ImBeVillain

No more six members

There are far better Pokemon available to him and in only in my opinion Absol is absolutely useless tor Ash. Again I repeat, only my opinion, you will obviously disagree.

The good news, is Ash will get Absol because the anime is actively trying to piss me off and give Ash crappy Pokemon when he deserves better Pokemon. But alas it is just my stupid opinion.
But you know.... This is * ASH *, he always make weak pokemon for becoming a strongest pokemon.
I have another reason why i want Ash catch this pokemon - for few training episodes just like was he did with Farfetch'd.

Honestly, I don't really care who gets the Absol at this rate considering it seems like Ash is going to be using more of his reserves...Probably. So even if he does capture Absol I feel like it's not even going to be appearing that much like many of the other caught Pokemon in this series. So I'd be fine with Gou catching it.

dman_dustin

This is * ASH *, he always make weak pokemon for becoming a strongest pokemon.

I don't like Ash with Absol because it's "weak" (which I don't think anyway), I don't like Ash with Absol for many reasons:

1. There are better dark types he can get
2. There are better 3rd generation Pokemon he can get if they are desperate
3. It's a standalone nothing Pokemon that will rarely ever see the day of light just like Gengar has been and soon to be Lucario.
4. It has no evolutionary aspects, and no I do not think they would go the route of mega evolution for it thus it's nothing.
5. Yet another NOT 8th generation, the region Ash DID NOT travel in, yet somehow they writers and producers somehow think Ash needs a lot of non 8th generation Pokemon because Go is the only one that needs to market that generation. Despite the fact Ash should've been the face of 8th generation whereas Go should've been the face of the world tour.
5b. As it relates to 5, It's even more bullcrap to wait so long between Ash's captures to even begin with. If they were truly doing a world tour series, Ash should've been the one to capture his Pokemon first, THEN training them, so we can expect captures only to go to Go. So therefore Ash should've already got his 3rd generation representative a long time ago.

Edit:

I forgot 6:

6. I'm sick and tired of Ash not having quality captures anymore. It's just now Go like with Go only having quality captures.

Last edited:

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I don't like Ash with Absol because it's "weak" (which I don't think anyway), I don't like Ash with Absol for many reasons:

1. There are better dark types he can get
2. There are better 3rd generation Pokemon he can get if they are desperate
3. It's a standalone nothing Pokemon that will rarely ever see the day of light just like Gengar has been and soon to be Lucario.
4. It has no evolutionary aspects, and no I do not think they would go the route of mega evolution for it thus it's nothing.
5. Yet another NOT 8th generation, the region Ash DID NOT travel in, yet somehow they writers and producers somehow think Ash needs a lot of non 8th generation Pokemon because Go is the only one that needs to market that generation. Despite the fact Ash should've been the face of 8th generation whereas Go should've been the face of the world tour.
5b. As it relates to 5, It's even more bullcrap to wait so long between Ash's captures to even begin with. If they were truly doing a world tour series, Ash should've been the one to capture his Pokemon first, THEN training them, so we can expect captures only to go to Go. So therefore Ash should've already got his 3rd generation representative a long time ago.

Edit:

I forgot 6:

6. I'm sick and tired of Ash not having quality captures anymore. It's just now Go like with Go only having quality captures.
Yes, he can even have Zorua or Zoroark, he can also have Tyranitar. But it will come out the same as you mentioned evolution.
Ash can get other Pokémon as well, but don't forget that he may still have a chance in the near future - for example, I'd like him to have Gardevoir on his team.
Evolution? Take a look at Ash's crew first and then think why the developers didn't let us see many scenes with Ash's pokemon that they would evolve.
The creators have abandoned many traditions this season.
Second, in any series of Pokemon, there have always been long waits to catch a new Pokemon.
You have to accept that they changed the idea anyway.
If Ash catches Absol, I'm sure you will be disappointed, but when such an episode comes out, e.g. with training or PWC, you will be as delighted as it was with Farfetch'd episodes, I don't even want to hear negative words, I remember some words of anime pokemon fans what they said that they wasted catching Farfetch'd because he was going to be so "weak" and then after 20 episodes suddenly DELIGHTS that this pokemon came back.
Besides, as I mentioned a lot earlier where I wrote here - I DON'T CARE IF GOH CATCHES HIM.

Master Pikachu 11

I thought you wanted him to catch Lucario so he was able to get one of your favorites at least. What other dark type would you want over Absol?

MegaSalamence05

Yeah statistically speaking there are other Dark types that can be better than Absol. I'm honestly quite satisfied. Between Johto/Hoenn they're my favourite gens. I disagree with DMan Dustin, on the notion that just because it's a Standalone Pokemon it's not nothing, is that your same way of thinking with Ash's Dracovish/Heracross/Torkoal as some examples. So on that specific subject I respectfully disagree with you. Any Pokemon can be taken in any direction if they choose irregardless of evolutionary prospects. Ash's Pokemon this generation are barely on screen to begin with, they haven't properly developed the majority. The exceptions being Lucario and Sirfetch'd as they had specific arcs.

There are a lot of different ways that Ash could hypothetically take Absol. I'll get the obvious out of the way.
Mega Evolution - I think if they go with the route of Mega Evolution I think it's earmarked for Lucario.
If there are troubles a foot, Absol could be used to foresee the troubles and knowing Ash that's often.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

I thought you wanted him to catch Lucario so he was able to get one of your favorites at least. What other dark type would you want over Absol?

Let me put it this way, Dragonite, Gengar and Riolu were quality captures, Farfetch'd and Dracovish were not .Absol also won't unless they wanted to hide plot points for whatever reason.

I technically never wanted Dragonite, Gengar, and Lucario (for reasons I'll get to) but I will gladly accept them as good choices. I wanted Ash to get 8th generation Pokemon, then Dragonite happened, so I was like okay "world tour with a bulk being 8th generation" but they made it damn clear that wasn't going to be the case.

Dragonite- I was desperate for anything at this point. People want Ash to have Dragonite, I wanted Garchomp more, but it was a strong 1st capture and finally Ash catches something.

Gengar- Look Gengar is my favorite 1st gen Pokemon but its not my ghost choice for Ash. Phantum (Trevenant), Golurk and Decidueye all more preferred options. But hey, they rectified the mistake they made with Haunter, so there you go. Plus it makes sense Ash's first ghost type would be Gengar. So I was more than willing to accept Gengar as a decent option.

Lucario- 5th generation was when Ash was catching more Pokemon then he's ever done, maybe surpassing 1st gen but maybe not. Given that 5th gen games were a reboot of the franchise, I figured that since B2W2 were including past generation Pokemon and Riolu was on the season 2 poster, I thought maybe finally was the time Ash would get Lucario, it was the perfect excuse.

But they gave Riolu/Lucario to Trash and as a result of the character and how it went down I became extremely jaded about Ash and Lucario. So while I was pleased that Ash got Riolu in journeys, I wasn't as ecstatic as other people, I was just burned out and was like okay best 4th gen representative, but of course for whatever reason Ash's Riolu/Lucario has been the worst of those species, so it was like what's the point.

So no, Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario aren't crappy Pokemon but they weren't my choices Lucario maybe for 4th gen but the way its been treated....no. But I never count them because they are they most fan service Pokemon, they feel like Pokemon Ash always had almost but he forgot to capture these in those generations.

For crappy captures I only include Farfetch'd, Dracovish and whatever else, so with Farfetch'd that's where the quality matters or when it stopped mattering. I mean Dracovish has the worst capture episode, and its an Ash Pokemon.

Absol may not have a crappy capture episode but its clear it doesn't focus on Ash, I don't need Ash randomly saving Absol just to justify its capture instead of what should've happened is probably Ash and Absol getting lost together tor most of the episode and bonding. I also don't want a dumb rehash of Absol being misunderstood which didn't make sense anyway since the Pokedex makes it clear that its an ancient way of thinking not a current present problem.

And also as I said, I don't want Ash with Absol to begin with. Maybe not as much as I didn't want Farfetch'd and Dracovish but there are much preferred 3rd gen Pokemon. Absol probably would only fit in the top 20 definitely not top 10.

Ash's Pokemon this generation are barely on screen to begin with, they haven't properly developed the majority. The exceptions being Lucario and Sirfetch'd as they had specific arcs.

You disagree with me but then prove my point.......how?

MegaSalamence05

You disagree with me but then prove my point.......how?
The specific notion that stand alone Pokemon are nothing. That's where my disagreement lies. I already explained that. But I think you missed that specific line. Me and you agree on a lot of stuff here but alienating certain Pokemon just because they can't evolve that's where I gotta say something.

I want Ash to catch Pokemon, he's turned away from that specific attribute and only gets certain Pokemon in generations, in a region where Development is not the priority I only care about specific Pokemon that Ash to capture. Dragonite (Check), Arcanine, Gengar (Check), Tyranitar, Espeon, Flygon (RIP), Absol, Volcarona, Zoroark, Zeraora, Obstagoon, Toxtricity, Urshifu (SS), Zacian and Lugia. (He's not going to capture every single one of these Pokemon that I want) I'd rather have Ash have ownership of the Pokemon and put it on the peg board. Now the structure is flawed, yes the character development is vastly needed. I'm very pleased that the reserves are returning but at what cost. More disappearance, more missed opportunities. I've always approached Pokemon in how they structure the saga. But unfortunately here there is none so its more open season. I'm hoping this coming arc changes some of my opinions but there are unfortunately a lot of shortcomings. In a saga where there is a load of potential not being acted upon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.