• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 30th: XY070 - Conclusion! Goodra, Somewhere Over the Rainbow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
http://i.imgur.com/xu15RM7.jpg

Summary: Florges and the others have abducted Pikachu. What will happen now!?

Blurb: Ash and Goodra work hard to save Pikachu!

---

"Even though Ash and the others are aware of the conflict between the Pokémon living in the wetlands and feel bad about it, they also feel that humans shouldn't meddle in issues that are purely between Pokémon. However, that night, Pikachu ends up getting abducted by Florges' army, and as Ash sets out to rescue it, he learns the actual truth behind the series of events that has occurred here."

---

http://i.imgur.com/Xni0kuU.jpg

From Goomy to Goodra! This is a showcase of scenes displaying its evolution!!
The strong-willed Goomy that has traveled with Ash has grown up evolving into a Sliggo and then into a Goodra! The time has come for it to test its abilities!!

(blurbs) Ash befriended Goomy! -> It evolved into a Sliggo!! -> Goodra played a major role at the Lumiose Gym!! -> Now, Goodra's fight begins...! (Ash: "Let's show them your power!!"

http://i.imgur.com/5dNulJ2.jpg

A Florges approaches, accompanied by many Pokémon! The reason why Goodra wanted to become stronger will now finally be revealed!!

Stand up against the wild Florges! Goodra's Ordeal!!

http://i.imgur.com/937zNTF.jpg

A battle to retake its homeland!

Goomy and its friends had their home stolen from them!
Goomy used to live with its friends at a rich lake. However they were kicked out of their own home by a Florges and its companions that suddenly showed up one day!

A group of Pokémon suddenly attacked under orders from Florges!

Goomy ended up by Ash's side...
Having somehow managed to escape, Goomy happened upon Ash and his friends, who helped it.

Goodra stands up to fight for its friends' sake!!
After being kicked out of their home, Goomy's friends have been quietly getting by as best as they can. Having acquired a strong sense of courage upon its evolution into Goodra, it fights for its friends with all it has!!
(Ash: "You can do it!")

It fights together with its friends!
This is a battle between Pokémon, one that humans will have to stay out of. Goodra and its friends fight their best as Ash cheers them on!!

Team Rocket lurk in Florges' shadow...!?
This is the Florges that expelled Goomy and its friends and took the lake. But we can see Team Rocket standing there behind it in this picture... Why!?

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm guessing this may be a 2 parter then. Seems like the title may suggest of Goodra leaving Ash's team like it has been speculated.

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
Well, this one ought to be a tearjerker.

Should Goodra indeed stay behind, I'd really like him to be able to come back for the League. Otherwise, I don't really see what the point was of giving Ash a fully evolved pseudo for just a handful of episodes.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Geez. The title makes it sound as if Goodra really is leaving. At least it's even more implied now.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Well, this one ought to be a tearjerker.

Should Goodra indeed stay behind, I'd really like him to be able to come back for the League. Otherwise, I don't really see what the point was of giving Ash a fully evolved pseudo for just a handful of episodes.

Yeah I agree. I'd like to think that it'll be back for the league. Anyways I'd like to see the reason why it decides to leave the team, if it even does leave.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
A two parter? I have a bad feeling about this. So much effort. But if this be Goodra's end then let it become such an end that it would be worthy of remembrance.

Still, even if our worst expectations are realized, there is still one yet hope that can avail us, and that is for Goodra to return again, triumphant and stronger than before he left, the way Charizard and Gliscor did. Hope is the light in the darkness of the night.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Adiós Barney. Twas nice knowing you.

K.N.

I'm pretty confident even if Goodra leaves here, this won't be the last we hear of him. This isn't like a lot of other releases Ash has had where it was done for Pokemon the writing team clearly had no intent on developing (or marketing, if you want to be cynical) anymore.

Whatever the case, I'm hoping for a good watch. At the end of the day even if Goodra doesn't come back I don't really mind as long as they make a good episode. Butterfree's been gone for almost 20 years and I've never been upset about it because the farewell was so well done. Almost every release after that never hit the right notes, IMO. Travelling companion farewells, maybe, but not any releases.

Rare_Candy

How's that ? Owned suckah !
What the...

What. Why ? What was the point to catch him and makes him evolve in the first place if it was to let him go this soon ? Because he's too powerful ? I hope we're going to see him again at the league, at least.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
What the...

What. Why ? What was the point to catch him and makes him evolve in the first place if it was to let him go this soon ? Because he's too powerful ? I hope we're going to see him again at the league, at least.

If Goodra can seriously face and beat a Florges, then Valarie is not going to be able to stop him with her tiny pink bird.

They might have just given it to Ash to get by Clemont because most of his team is weak to electricity.

nickdt

Goodbye Godra. Nice off knowing you. I think this in this episode the picture where Goodra lies in bed can occur, while its recovering from injuries.

Citronic Gear On

やれやれだぜ…
Yeah I agree. I'd like to think that it'll be back for the league. Anyways I'd like to see the reason why it decides to leave the team, if it even does leave.

A lot of people have argued that keeping Goodra on Ash's team before the league would have made his team so powerful that Gyms 6-8 would have become a lot easier for him, maybe making them less interesting for us to watch. After seeing Goodra utterly wreck Tierno's Wartortle and Raichu in this week's episode, I can see what they're talking about. Supposing Goodra is coming back later on, maybe the writers' concern was that it'd be really fun to watch Goodra wreak havoc at first but that viewers might get overexposed to it if he's around for the entire rest of the series.

Anyhow, I'll be curious to see what sorts of scenes the writers might use for Goodra's departure. I want it to be absolutely epic. If Goodra has to go, I want him to go after he lays waste to an entire invading army almost single-handedly.

phanpycross

God-king
Not gonna lie, losing goodra is gonna be a massive b*tch. Title is beautiful IMO, cant wait to see goodra take back his land.

whether or not you think this Goomy -> Goodra arc has been well done (I think it mostly has), the writers certainly gave us something unexpected. I don't think anyone at the start of this series expected Ash to catch a Goomy, fully evolve it, and then release it.

and this hasn't been just another Primeape/"gonna leave this recently caught Pokemon that I never used with a complete stranger" situation, we've seen Goomy go from being a completely timid little Pokémon, cowering at the sight of Dedenne and soaking in sweat at the sight of an Ariados, to being close pals with Dedenne (that hug in the last episode <3), putting itself in danger for its friends, and tanking/dishing out hits like a champ (if the Tierno battle was any indication of its strength.)

while I would prefer to see Goodra stay, I still think we got something pretty interesting and unexpected out of this arc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.