1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

April 5th: PM2019 020 - Go Towards Your Dream! Satoshi and Go!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Satoshi and Go have been chosen to lead a Pokémon Orienteering event at the Sakuragi Laboratories. And as they get exposed to how fun it is to battle and get Pokémon alongside the children participating in the event, the duo once again reaffirm their unfulfilled "dreams". And then, believe it or not, Lugia appears......?!

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
    Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
    Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
    Animation Director 矢田木瀧 (Taki Yatagi)
    Animation Director 高橋優 (Yuh Takahashi)
    Animation Director 広岡歳仁 (Toshihito Hirooka)
    Animation Director 中矢利子 (Toshiko Nakaya)
    Animation Director 海老沢咲希 (Saki Ebisawa)
    Animation Director 中野悟史 (Satoshi Nakano)
    Animation Director 武内啓 (Akira Takeuchi)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  2. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Oh joy another Vermilion City episode.

So I'm guessing the kids will play with all the Pokemon Ash and Go caught. Wonder what Lugia will do?

wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  3. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

Guess it's a continuation of the plot line from episode 2?

Kawaii Emolga and wolf jani like this.
  4. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

This is like 10th time they re-affirmed their dreams?

5. Epicocity

Epicocity Well-Known Member

This somehow feels like a recap episode between the title, the premise, the massive list of animation directors and falling just 4 days after the anniversary of the anime...

6. Bah, we are 20 episodes in. Poor Kalos and Alola

7. Tabasco Boshi

Tabasco Boshi ★★★★★

What a world tour. More than half of the episodes of the series take place in Kanto lol

8. Red and Blue

It's not even really all if Kanto it's just one city. Aside from the Dragonite Island the most we've seen of Kanto is Vermilion City

9. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded An enigma

It's been 20 episodes. Have patience.

KenzeyEevee and Mr.Munchlax like this.
  10. wolf jani

wolf jani The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

Yikes! thats a huge amount of animation directors. and yet another Kanto episode. After this one it will be: Kanto 12 Galar 4 Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova 1. Kalos and Alola 0. And Almost all Kanto episodes have been in Vermillion

11. Tabasco Boshi

Tabasco Boshi ★★★★★

I'd be fine if at least there was some variety in the locations. Only Dragonite Island felt different.

KenzeyEevee, wolf jani and CMButch like this.
  12. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Well their base is in Vermillion, unless they take an extended leave (which would be nice), I don't think Sakuragi is going to buy them plane/boat tickets all the time, only when he needs them to do stuff.

With that said, out of the 4 episodes, this one and the Ditto have me the least intrigued, hopefully it surprises me.

13. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

Oh my god SEVEN director on one episode,

Did they ran into some bad production troubles behind the scene?

Also seriously another Kanto episode? Can we get to kalo or aloha already.

14. RetroPokeFan

RetroPokeFan Well-Known Member

Why does the plot make it sound like it's going to be a recap episode?

Has this series fallen down the same rabbit hole that Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS fell into?

And will this episode win the award of "Most Animation Directors working on one episode"?

You bet it will on the last question but hoo, this ain't lookin pretty.

KenzeyEevee and wolf jani like this.
  15. Dragalge

Dragalge Larry, Buznut, Countey, Astar, Feh, & Eggbert

I wonder if Lugia might eventually join up to fight Eternatus. Maybe it and Ho-oh get G-Max forms in the new DLC.

catzeye, wolf jani and Red and Blue like this.
  16. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

In other shows, several animation directors either means something big is happening or the episode will look really really bad. And the whole “reaffirming dreams” thing screams to me that this might be a big episode.

17. Red and Blue

Yeah but if they got GMAX forms they would more or less make the wolves redundant. Not sure if they would do that

18. Tabasco Boshi

Tabasco Boshi ★★★★★

Thinking about it, sounds similar to SM020.

19. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

The wolves not being able to Dynamax makes me feel like they might get Gmax forms in the DLC.

wolf jani likes this.
  20. FlygontheRavager

FlygontheRavager #1 Pokémon Anime Fan!

Guys, let’s face it. When they said “all regions,” they really meant “all regions, but mostly Kanto.” The chilly reception towards BW (games, not anime) basically sealed that Gen I pandering will always and forever reign supreme in all areas, and anyone who can’t deal with that should frankly jump ship now.

That being said, I hope this episode isn’t just a recap and actually has Ash and Go meeting/teaching the kids about how to battle/capture Pokémon. That’d be a really cute premise!