• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 5th: PM2019 020 - Go Towards Your Dream! Satoshi and Go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

While I fully expect Ash to lose at some point in the WC I don't think it will be to a random trainer of the day. I think it will be to a trainer in the Hyper or Super rank

Sidagam

Given that this PWC battle wasn't hyped up much and we don't really know who the trainer is, and this battle doesn't seem like the main focus of the episode, I'm actually expecting the guy to be ranked LOWER than Ash. He finds Ash and challenges him to increase his own rank, but loses. Ash won't go up in rank much.

I mean it makes sense Ash will be challenged by trainers ranked lower than him right?

Leonhart

Imagineer
game3524 said:
Yeah, I want Ash to lose to because it would add more gravitas to the entire WC. However, I do hope they avoid the old "Ash gets cocky and needs to learn a lesson" schtick.

I just can't imagine him losing to a Meganium if he's using Pikachu. If he were using one of his newer Pokemon, then I could understand why him losing would be a possibility, but I'm sure Pikachu can beat Meganium.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Yeah, I want Ash to lose too because it would add more gravitas to the entire WC. However, I do hope they avoid the old "Ash gets cocky and needs to learn a lesson" schtick.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ash loses a few matches in a row and undergoes another depression arc
It might be nice though

dman_dustin

I just can't imagine him losing to a Meganium if he's using Pikachu. If he were using one of his newer Pokemon, then I could understand why him losing would be a possibility, but I'm sure Pikachu can beat Meganium.

Both Dragonite and Gengar actually resist Meganium's attacks while Pikachu is resisted, I can't imagine how Dragonite/Gengar could lose but Pikachu would be fine.

Sure we could argue types means nothing, but that undermines Meganium being a much more powerful Pokemon than Pikachu, so I have hard time believing that this trainer's Meganium is weaker than Pikachu but somehow stronger than Dragonite/Gengar. Like it really has to be all of Ash's Pokemon on hand can beat Meganium or Pikachu's the only one who could realistically lose.

I don't think Meganium would fair well against Hurricane or even Ice Punch. But at least it should be able to take Iron tail / Quick attack much easier. The only thing I can imagine is that Pikachu's electric attacks are superior to Meganium's resistance, and that Electroweb will have to play a large role, and maybe a massive Iron tail (neutral) hit to Meganium's head to finish it.

Meanwhile barring steel/flying/electric type moves, Pikachu's going to take the full weight of Meganium's attacks.

So I don't know.....we'll have to see.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
That was my first thought as well. Of course I hope I'm wrong and that she's participating of her own accord because she wants to spend more time around Pokemon, but I feel like she might only be involved because of Sakuragi-hakase's insistence.

It has to because of her father and probably her little brother too that she's participating at all.

BlueDragonfangirl

Koharu is in an episode, maybe she and Ash can have actual conversations this time. Never have I seen a female companion have such little interactions with Ash.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Koharu is in an episode, maybe she and Ash can have actual conversations this time. Never have I seen a female companion have such little interactions with Ash.

Not a companion(yet) lol
She could still beat Bonnie, Ash and her hardly interacted(Much like Clemont and Serena)

World Turtle

Pidgey, the Nidorans, Oddish, and Meowth. Those are all early route pokemon (Pallet Town to Vermillion City) right? Maybe that'll be Gou's objective this episode? Get all the other early route Pokemon (or at least the more common ones so no Abra) now that he's gotten the Bugs?

Maybe there is a Bellsprout in this episode and we know there are Mankey around Vermillion City.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Its funny how Ash can handle the kids alone and Gou and Koharu most work together

To be fair, Satoshi is probably the most experienced trainer in this orienteering competition based on his past participation in similar events, so it makes sense that he can handle things on his own while the other characters are more new at this.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Sakuragi: Go, since you are Koharu's friend, do me a favor and don't let her grumpy bad mood ruin the event
Go: Sir, that's your daughter!
Sakuragi: I PAY ALL YOUR REGIONAL TRIPS, LEAST YOU COULD DO IS HELP A BIT!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Stop the presses, we have big news:

Shimofuri Myojyou, who you should all know as the hosts of the Pokemon anime segment on Oha Suta, will have guest roles in this episode. Seiya will be playing the Trainer "Seiya", and Soshina will be playing his Meganium "Soshinium":

UMkGkiv.jpg

Get hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.