• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 5th: PM2019 020 - Go Towards Your Dream! Satoshi and Go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm not interested in watching Satoshi make yet another resolution to become a Pokemon Master, or seeing Gou have another epiphany about his goal to capture more Pokemon. I am interested in the orienteering subplot, however. That activity sounds like fun if it's anything like that orienteering competition from AG.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I’m really happy Ash and Go are reaffirming their dreams. Especially Ash, I was just starting to forget what his goal was. Something Pokémon related I think but can’t be sure. Hope they keep reminding me every episode so my feeble brain will be able to comprehend the mind bending complexity of the character motivations.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Animation Director 矢田木瀧 (Taki Yatagi)
Animation Director 高橋優 (Yuh Takahashi)
Animation Director 広岡歳仁 (Toshihito Hirooka)
Animation Director 中矢利子 (Toshiko Nakaya)
Animation Director 海老沢咲希 (Saki Ebisawa)
Animation Director 中野悟史 (Satoshi Nakano)
Animation Director 武内啓 (Akira Takeuchi)

That is a lot of animation directors.

This means three things:
  1. This episode has such massive set pieces that many animators are required to make it work
  2. This episode is breaking into segments which show off different artistic stylings
  3. This episodes is overproduced, likely due to some poor sap not hitting a deadline

Remix2

This means three things:
  1. This episode has such massive set pieces that many animators are required to make it work
  2. This episode is breaking into segments which show off different artistic stylings
  3. This episodes is overproduced

Or

4. The production of this episodes completely fell apart and they’re scrambling to salvage it.

dman_dustin

1. This episode is breaking into segments which show off different artistic styling

You know it would, by the way apparently when you take out the numbers the bullet system reverts, so it should say 2 not 1 but oh well.

Speaking of which, about this idea, I kind of would like an episode revolving around a person being put to sleep or something and they literally go through multiple animation styles.

I don't think they would ever do it, since I think such a concept is probably more popular in the west than in Japan for example, I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen some kind of parody/satire anime episode that was that different from before.

So for example, we could get a segment of the characters in 3D animation like the movie, or maybe as a joke, Ash can have his OS design for example.

It would be a fun episode, I just don't think they would ever go for it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’m really happy Ash and Go are reaffirming their dreams. Especially Ash, I was just starting to forget what his goal was. Something Pokémon related I think but can’t be sure. Hope they keep reminding me every episode so my feeble brain will be able to comprehend the mind bending complexity of the character motivations.
Agreed. Now that I think about it, I can’t recall their ambiguous goals at this moments. Hope they clarify in this episode because it might confuse us

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This is like 10th time they re-affirmed their dreams?
As if the damned episode intro reminding the audience while they're completely not doing anything towards either goal wasn't enough.

What a world tour. More than half of the episodes of the series take place in Kanto lol
Maybe the world tour was...in our hearts.

Grounded to Vermilion City.

Leonhart

Imagineer
U.N. Owen said:

This means three things:
  3. This episodes is overproduced, likely due to some poor sap not hitting a deadline

I'm hoping for a combination of the first and second scenarios since it would make sense for there to be different environments featured during the orienteering competition, and each one could have a different artistic styling.

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
They are really doing everything possible to hold off the trips to Kalos and Alola. Those returns better be gems for these writers to keep delaying those two regions.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They are really doing everything possible to hold off the trips to Kalos and Alola. Those returns better be gems for these writers to keep delaying those two regions.

They're holding off on secondary trips to the other regions as well...
Well at least that Ditto, who appeared in stuff along Riolu is finally appearing so maybe Riolu will be next. I'd like another episode in any region, I've had enough Kanto to last three life times

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Why return immediately to the most recent anime settings?

Wonder if lugia is going to be another raid battle and Go alters his "gotta catch 'em all" philosophy to spare the animators Sakuragi's wallet

Leonhart

Imagineer
Twilight-Kun said:
Wonder if lugia is going to be another raid battle and Go alters his "gotta catch 'em all" philosophy to spare the animators Sakuragi's wallet

I really hope that Gou doesn't have a sudden change of heart here given that he already caught so many Pokemon. It would make him seem incredibly fickle if he decides to give up his short-lived goal of capturing every Pokemon, and it would make me distrust the writers in the future if they decide to give him a replacement goal later on, because then I wouldn't know whether or not they'd possibly change their minds again and make Gou abandon his next quest.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I really hope that Gou doesn't have a sudden change of heart here given that he already caught so many Pokemon. It would make him seem incredibly fickle if he decides to give up his short-lived goal of capturing every Pokemon, and it would make me distrust the writers in the future if they decide to give him a replacement goal later on, because then I wouldn't know whether or not they'd possibly change their minds again and make Gou abandon his next quest.
I'd be fine with him going "I'm not gonna catch every single pokémon. I'm going to catch the base form and train it up instead of having three or four or five or nine of the same pokémon."

When is he gonna catch a legion of Unown who then spell obscene words in the background?

Remix2

I’m hoping both kalo and aloha get a 2 or 3 episodes mini arc upon there first vists especially after spending 6 episodes straight on Kanto.

And to think I was being flamed for calling this series for what it was, a mediocre show devoid of any kind of ambitious storytelling. I was told that one tournament episode was meant to signify some kind of upheaval regarding the quality of said series.

A long-form narrative seems to be something the anime is shying away from these days. Instead, they put in place some faint idea of an end goal now and tip toe around it, only addressing it in one off episodes whereas the rest of the show is dedicated to filler crap

" Bu-but patience! "

Edit: And I'll continue to say that I'll eat my words if something changes. I doubt that will happen though. Word to the wise, you can often tell what kind of show a series will be from the first couple episodes or so. No greater is that evident than in the last few seasons.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
And to think I was being flamed for calling this series for what it was, a mediocre show devoid of any kind of ambitious storytelling. I was told that one tournament episode was meant to signify some kind of upheaval regarding the quality of said series.

A long-form narrative seems to be something the anime is shying away from these days. Instead, they put in place some faint idea of an end goal now and tip toe around it, only addressing it in one off episodes whereas the rest of the show is dedicated to filler crap

" Bu-but patience! "

Edit: And I'll continue to say that I'll eat my words if something changes. I doubt that will happen though. Word to the wise, you can often tell what kind of show a series will be from the first couple episodes or so. No greater is that evident than in the last few seasons.

What faint idea of a goal? both characters have defined goals for this series, Satoshi wants to battle Leon, Go wants to capture everything, we haven't had any fillers yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.