• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 5th: PM2019 020 - Go Towards Your Dream! Satoshi and Go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poke'fan68 said:
With Lugia returning I think that it could become this series version of Tapu Koko

If you mean Lugia becoming a Pokemon that Satoshi will now set his sights on defeating, I doubt it. I don't like that Lugia's returning here despite me being a fan of the species, because I don't quite see the point of it this time around.

Sword master zacian

I dunno, this looks like a boring episode to me. It will be first episode all again?!
I think it would be interrsting episdoe in my opinion if they show how raboot's doing and how go feels about it and what ash's opinion on it
Because i don't think episode 18 and 19 will even have raboot as its cast

Last edited:

Poke'fan68

If you mean Lugia becoming a Pokemon that Satoshi will now set his sights on defeating, I doubt it. I don't like that Lugia's returning here despite me being a fan of the species, because I don't quite see the point of it this time around.

I think that the writers might use Lugia to give Ash and Gou something to compete over, with Gou wanting to catch Lugia to get closer to completing his Pokedex and catching Mew, and Ash wanting to battle and befriend it. The writers are known for recycling old ideas and giving them new twists defeating Lugia would probably be a side goal for Ash.

Though it would be funny if Gou catches Lugia and it turns out to be a Zorua or Ditto

They are finally reaffirming their goals. What a relief. Totally forgot what their goals were. I thought they were planning to participate in Masterchef Kanto.

This whole 'Lugia taking a liking to them' is boring. We have seen this before and I don't think Go did anything special to get its attention. Unless of course Lugia considers landing on its tail is heroic or something.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

It sure feels like they're going to build up to it.
Hopefully if they battle though, it's a one and done deal. Ash wins, boom!

Cause I'd really like to see more of the other older legendaries, particularly ones that didn't get much screentime like Raikou or ones that we haven't seen in forever. If a Galar legendary was recurring that'd be fine, Galar needs the focus... but it's Lugia. Lugia had two movies and an arc.
tl;dr I don't want Lugia coming back in another 20 episodes

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poke'fan68 said:
I think that the writers might use Lugia to give Ash and Gou something to compete over, with Gou wanting to catch Lugia to get closer to completing his Pokedex and catching Mew, and Ash wanting to battle and befriend it. The writers are known for recycling old ideas and giving them new twists defeating Lugia would probably be a side goal for Ash.

Satoshi wanting to befriend Lugia would make sense, but the idea that he'd suddenly want to battle it would be strange to me since he didn't show much interest in this Lugia before, at least not to the point where it was implied that he wants to defeat it like with Kapu-Kokeko in SM. And given that Gou's currently dealing with Rabbifuto's attitude, I find it unlikely that he'd spend time wanting to capture Lugia here given that he should have other more important things to worry about than getting another Pokemon.

dman_dustin

What if this Lugia is the Mew?

You know what would be absolutely hilarious.

Is if Ash actually caught a Pokemon that ends up being Mew and they don't know this until Ash sends it out again and it becomes Mew.

I don't know if they would do that or make it so there's two Mew (maybe one could be shiny), but I think it would be hilarious.

Now I want a fanmade video of that.

thor94

I would like to see gou catching pokemon & participate in leagues with alongside were ASH was preparing for Worldchampionship it would be better characters development rather than catching everything on his way

I Doubt writers definitely going to change the Goal of Gou in future
Why would it be a problem if Satoshi didn't have a Pokemon comparable to Lugia in this scenario? Gou capturing a rare Pokemon shouldn't mean that Satoshi has to go out and seek a Pokemon of equal value just to match him. That would be more suitable if they were rivals or if they at least shared a common goal, which isn't the case.
Hope this won't happen, if he become ash rival in pokemon battle, Go would be definitely closer to become pokemon master title than ash ever was in 20 years. because go would be (or become) basically on ash level in battle but with a brain and legendaries to support him (means an ash in better)

Status
Not open for further replies.