• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 5th: PM2019 020 - Go Towards Your Dream! Satoshi and Go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
He doesn't need Meowth, at least not Kanto or Galar. I'd like for the TRio to get the Galarian Meowth this time, it'd be fun seeing Meowth be happy they sent Galarian Meowth off to the Boss only for it to show up again much to his annoyance, and him actually forming a friendship with his Galarian cousin later on after getting blasted off with it

He shouldn't get anything currently around or in Ash's arsenal for that matter. There's a big sea out there to pluck from

I wonder if he'll lose to the Meganium trainer. I'm leaning towards no.

I expect and honestly want him to get some losses since in this type of tournament it's really not the end of the world to lose some battles, but to lose to the human watermelon instead of someone established like Surge could be kind of unpleasant. Sooner or later he's going to hit a ceiling where the wins get much harder to come by.

Bede and Marnie will probably be who he loses against.
I do hope they let Ash lose more frequently this saga though, I'm sick of his losses always being against the same damn people for the most part in recent sagas. I'd like for somebody other than a rival to be what beats Ash down for a change, some random just approaches him and beats his team and steals his ranking, making Ash need to go out and get ranking back by battling more trainers.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FieldofRings said:
I wonder if he'll lose to the Meganium trainer. I'm leaning towards no.

I expect and honestly want him to get some losses since in this type of tournament it's really not the end of the world to lose some battles, but to lose to the human watermelon instead of someone established like Surge could be kind of unpleasant. Sooner or later he's going to hit a ceiling where the wins get much harder to come by.

I think that he'll win since Meganium isn't exactly known for being difficult to defeat. Also, if he was destined to lose here, I think the battle would've been hyped up more prior to the preview. The fact that the Meganium battle is happening without much fanfare makes me think that it'll end quickly with Satoshi winning it.

Again? It's been years since we've seen Meganium in the anime
Compared to the other two it appears more. It wouldn't hurt to use Typhlosion for a change.
I think that he'll win since Meganium isn't exactly known for being difficult to defeat. Also, if he was destined to lose here, I think the battle would've been hyped up more prior to the preview. The fact that the Meganium battle is happening without much fanfare makes me think that it'll end quickly with Satoshi winning it.
Vincent's Meganium tied with Bulbasaur during Silver Conference. Not saying this one would be comparable in strength but the species in general is no slouch.

HeartThrob6000

Certified Lover
Nice to see Meganium make an appearance in the next episode. It doesn't get enough love compared to the other Johto starters.

Unfortunately, all three Johto starters don't get much love.

If I remember correctly, Typhlosion was last seen owned by Flannery's grandfather... where as Feraligatr was a surfing pokemon at Prof. Rowan's Summer Academy in Sinnoh... I could be wrong though.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I wonder what actually happened. Did SM really dry up the resources so much? Or is it that there are no more week breaks? Did the movies eat into production too much this time?

I think it's a combination of OLM working on new series, the movies eating up resources and Sun & Moon really having better animation than previously. Mix that in with an industry running short on staff and the whole production falls a part eventually. I guess this is why Asada Yuuji was storyboarding two episodes in the rotation for a while there.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Place your bets: How many Pokemon do you think Gou will catch this episode? Will he beat his record of 12 captures in 1 episode?
Doubt it, I'm hoping the Nidoran and Pidgey being hugged means he captured those already, I think he could realistically captured all the kanto mons that appeared in the preview they are all common Pokemon, I can see a Bellsprout or Poliwag also showing up maybe, so 3-8 at most.

Place your bets: How many Pokemon do you think Gou will catch this episode? Will he beat his record of 12 captures in 1 episode?

I don't think he will catch more than 12. He will most likely catch Nidoran both male and female, Pidgey, Oddish, Meowth, Lugia, Persian along with some mons that didn't appear in the preview.

I would love to see him try to capture Jenny's Growlithe thinking it is wild.

World Turtle

I don't think he will catch more than 12. He will most likely catch Nidoran both male and female, Pidgey, Oddish, Meowth, Lugia, Persian along with some mons that didn't appear in the preview.

Maybe he’ll get the rest of Kanto’s early route com mons? Maybe even the entire evolution line for a few? Doubt he’s getting Lugia though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:

I wouldn't mind if he captures a dozen Pokemon since there are so many wild Pokemon around in this episode, but I think he'll only capture a few like the two Nidoran and Nazonokusa.

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!

Love how you casually include Lugia in the list lmao.

He just caught a Rattata last episode, so Lugia seems like the natural progression haha.

dman_dustin

For Go I think he'll catch the following Pokemon (some may be obvious captures, some are just Pokemon that appear, and ultimately Go catches only one of these)- Meowth/Persian, Oddish, Both Nidoran, Pidgey, and probably a couple more Pokemon not shown in the preview.

At most I expect Go to catch: 8-9 Pokemon; At least: 5-6

Master Pikachu 11

I hope the Oddish leads him to a Gloom and Vileplume. I want to see him complete a line again.

Maybe get Fearow, Raticate, Seel, and Tentacruel too.
I’m sure he is going to evolve some of them like he is doing with his Cascoon. I mean the Bug episode was probably the only exception but if he captures both Meowth and Persian then I will stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.