• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 6th: SM20&21 1 Hour Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I actually don't mind TR being in this one, because there's a clearly established relationship between them and Litten, and I don't think it would be any less fitting to see them being the ones to try to hinder Ash and Litten. Some may say TR wouldn't stoop that low, but really, this is no different from the Ralts episode back in AG.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm still thinking stoutland won't die but end up in the pokemon centre for a long time while litten travels with Ash to get strong and protect him. He'll conveniently be better by the end of the Sm series so that Ash's ace once again can leave him.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I wonder what Nurse Joy's appearence in the episode means. I guess that either Stoutland will survive because of the treatment or will die at the Pokemon Center. I certainly hope that the latter doesn't happen.

I'm doubtful that Stoutland will die. My bet is that it'll be fine by the end of the episode.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Hmmm, I don't see Mimikyu or Mareanie listed though. Do they share a voice actor with any listed?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Hmmm, I don't see Mimikyu or Mareanie listed though. Do they share a voice actor with any listed?

Hidoide is voiced by Takekuma. Japanese wikipedia claims Mimikkyu is voiced by Ishikawa, but that seems more like speculation than anything. Nobody has been credited for the role yet.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Does the old Mooland voiced by anyone else listed? I think Nurse Joy will give everyone the bad news. I will definitely feel affected in these episodes. At least The TRio aren't pestering Ash and Pikachu in their one shot episode.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I actually don't mind TR being in this one, because there's a clearly established relationship between them and Litten, and I don't think it would be any less fitting to see them being the ones to try to hinder Ash and Litten. Some may say TR wouldn't stoop that low, but really, this is no different from the Ralts episode back in AG.

Unlike Ralts, Stoutland could actually die at the end of the episode. If TR's involvement results in its death then yeah it's a new low for them.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
I wonder what Nurse Joy's appearence in the episode means. I guess that either Stoutland will survive because of the treatment or will die at the Pokemon Center. I certainly hope that the latter doesn't happen.

I too don't think that the stoutland would die, because i guess that Pikachu vs litten battle that we saw in the preview happens after the stoutland issue is over, and litten doesn't seem to be depressed in that scene which it would have been if the stoutland was to die.
Or maybe just stoutland asked litten to join ash so that it can die in peace.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I too don't think that the stoutland would die, because i guess that Pikachu vs litten battle that we saw in the preview happens after the stoutland issue is over, and litten doesn't seem to be depressed in that scene which it would have been if the stoutland was to die.
Or maybe just stoutland asked litten to join ash so that it can die in peace.

Or Ash was too late in bringing Stoutland to Nurse Joy and Litten blames Ash for Stoutland's death because it can't process its emotions, or it's just lashing out because it's grieving.

Assuming that Stoutland does die.

Red and Blue

So are we getting a extended preview tomorrow? That should give this episode more context

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
That kind of thinking is something so long term and serious that the writers will surely not go through with.

You're right what am I thinking

OK, revised plot for episode 21:

- be ash, chilling,
- this cat comes up to me
- apparently we met
- cat has a big dog as carer
- messed with natural order, what
- doggo is dying
- heck
- take dog to nurse
- nurse treats dog
- notjealous.gif
- doggo is fine
- doggo wants cat to be with me
- i dont want this
- cat doesnt want this
- dog insists
- cat relents
- try and fight cat off
- win
- levelup, will win league now
- doggo gets upset
- begrudgingly take cat
- mrw cute owl is sidelined for rest of holiday

satopi

I don't think the old Stoutland will tell Litten he wants it to go with Ash, it's Litten's decision. If that is the case, Litten will be going just because the old Stoutland told it to rather than actually wanting Ash. Litten will go with Ash because it can trust Ash and help it move past it's issues and go through growth.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Unlike Ralts, Stoutland could actually die at the end of the episode. If TR's involvement results in its death then yeah it's a new low for them.
I don't disagree with that, but that assumes Stoutland does die.

The fact that Nurse Joy is in the episode tells me it probably won't, however.

So are we getting a extended preview tomorrow? That should give this episode more context
Saturday, I believe.

satopi

Nurse Joy being there isn't evidence that the old Stoutland will be ok. She isn't a miracle worker. I predict that she'll break the news on the old Stoutland's condition.

satopi

I'm just preparing for the worst. That way, if Stoutland doesn't die, I will be happy to be wrong.
Same, I don't mind if the old Stoutland lives or dies. I just want them to give us more reason and a clearer understanding of Litten's and Stoutland's relationship. We need to get more invested in Litten's story. This will be very emotional for me for sure. :(

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
i'm thinking nurse joy will save stoutland, but stoutland is too weak to take care of litten so it tells litten to join ash (or something along those lines).

also if team rocket is in the treasure island episode, i'd love to see their reaction to alolan exeggutor xD

DatsRight

It depends. With cases like Ralts or Amoura they obviously intended to bring the Pokemon to the boss in worthy condition, so it can be assumed they were just going to have it healed themselves, just reckless zeal in getting it first worsened their condition.

Now the Florge's baby Florette, THAT was them at their most ruthless.

I'm not sure really, I can see them going after Litten, but I doubt they'd target Stoutland when it's sick, not knowingly just for the spite of it anyway. Sun and Moon seems to be playing them off as rather sympathetic. Even in the Florette example, it was XY, when TR were still having checks to their BW selves (which are now more or less completely fazed out) and once again being shoehorned into a plot they didn't belong.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I'm not sure really, I can see them going after Litten, but I doubt they'd target Stoutland when it's sick, not knowingly just for the spite of it anyway. Sun and Moon seems to be playing them off as rather sympathetic. Even in the Florette example, it was XY, when TR were still having checks to their BW selves (which are now more or less completely fazed out) and once again being shoehorned into a plot they didn't belong.

You say SM is playing the TRio off as sympathetic, yet in the third episode, Jessie stole from her own teammate. That's not exactly very sympathetic, if you ask me. :/ (Not to mention they are still using cheating tactics, such as the mechanical Bewear during the pancake race.) While I'm not sure Team Rocket would target Stoutland, I can easily see Meowth coming up with the idea to use Stoutland's illness as leverage to get Litten to join them ("Come with us, and we'll make sure Stoutland gets better"). I certainly wouldn't put it past him.

Status
Not open for further replies.