• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 6th: SM20&21 1 Hour Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Guy

Banned
Litten should be female. She will engage in cat fights with others.

If any of the starters is revealed to be female, it'll probably be Popplio, looking at the way it fawned over Litten in SM016.

Plus Litten's final evolution is super masculine.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Or Popplio could be male, and Litten could be female?

Incineroar's masculine design is precisely the reason people want Litten to be female. Who wouldn't want to see this butch looking wrestler cat ironically turn out to be female? :p

But that's also pretty much why I expect Litten to be male. I don't think the writers would make a super masculine looking Pokemon female. I think the closest we've seen was Cameron's female Samurott.

Popplio could go either way, and Rowlet's probably male given its interactions with Bounsweet/Steenee.

Mr. Guy

Banned
Though it's hard to tell whether Rowlet is attracted to Bounsweet/Steene romantically, or if he just wants to eat her.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Though it's hard to tell whether Rowlet is attracted to Bounsweet/Steene romantically, or if he just wants to eat her.

It's not hard tbh. Rowlet is not romantically attracted to bounsweet/steenee. It just wants to eat her when it releases its aroma. However, rowlet has never shown any romantic attraction when bounsweet/steenee is not releasing its scent.

Lord-Zero

Alolan Form
If they plan on making Lana's Popplio evolve all the way to Primarina, yes, definitely female. Ash's Rowlet is most likely male. It should be clearer if it evolves into Dartrix and becomes more of a dandy. The Steenee aroma gag works even better with Dartrix, I think.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
personally, i just thought that rowlet was male and popplio was female after episode 16. no evidence, obviously, but their interactions reminded me of the squabbles between brothers and sisters. and i just put rowlet as male and popplio as female to match the genders of their trainers.

Chomper4

Just curious, is Team Rocket actually interested in recruiting Litten?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
They were in SM16. Whether or not they still will be in SM21 remains to be seen.

Cat's Eye Draco

Litten should be female. She will engage in cat fights with others.

I must be the only person who couldn't care less what gender anyone's Pokemon are... *shrugs*

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if Litten turned out to be female, but after the way Meowth reacted to it in SM16 it wouldn't surprise me if it's not. I mean, it's kind of become a tradition for Meowth to fall in love at first sight with every cute kitten since Skitty's debut (with the exception of Espurr, likely due to the creep factor), and he didn't give Litten a second glance; his reaction was more along the lines of, "Hey, we caught an extra! What the heck is that?"

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
I must be the only person who couldn't care less what gender anyone's Pokemon are... *shrugs*

Anyway, I wouldn't mind if Litten turned out to be female, but after the way Meowth reacted to it in SM16 it wouldn't surprise me if it's not. I mean, it's kind of become a tradition for Meowth to fall in love at first sight with every cute kitten since Skitty's debut (with the exception of Espurr, likely due to the creep factor), and he didn't give Litten a second glance; his reaction was more along the lines of, "Hey, we caught an extra! What the heck is that?"

maybe cause meowth only likes feminine cat pokemon (which litten isn't)? lol remember in BW when he fell for a purrloin, but it ended up being a boy....

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

Nah, I don't care either other than for curiosity's sake. Gender has nothing to do with competence.

But I don't think Meowth not falling in love with Litten means it's male. As mystic9899 said, there was that Purrloin from BW that Meowth thought was female, but turned out to be male.

Cat's Eye Draco

But I don't think Meowth not falling in love with Litten means it's male. As mystic9899 said, there was that Purrloin from BW that Meowth thought was female, but turned out to be male.

Oh, I agree it doesn't confirm or evenly overly imply Litten's male; after all, there was a lot going on in that scene without Meowth winding up lovestruck. It just kind of makes me lean more in that direction at the moment.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
When were they interested in Litten becoming their Pokémon?

It was Meowth more than Jessie and James, as I recall. In SM16, Meowth invited Litten to join Team Rocket, and he was genuine about it. (Litten actually pretended to agree, in order to trick the TRio into opening the cage.)

Red and Blue

I don't understand the concern of Litten going to TR. This isn't the first time they've wanted Pokemon that ended up going to Ash or another cast member

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't understand the concern of Litten going to TR. This isn't the first time they've wanted Pokemon that ended up going to Ash or another cast member

Yeah, exactly this. Team Rocket has previously shown interest in many Pokemon, but that most of the time has ended up being not with them. So TR's interest in Litten doesn't diminish Ash's chances of getting it anyway.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

OK, I may have accidentally started this by saying I wanted Litten to be one of TRio's Pokemon somewhere in the Pokemon Speculation thread. It seems to have infected some people with worry though. I wasn't really suggesting it, I was just saying it would be neat to have a villainous starter for once.

Janovy

Banned
They''re not going to have a starter Pokemon join TR.

http://i.imgur.com/px0cIMx.jpg

Besides, this image has all but confirmed that Litten is joining Ash's team.
There is also that second SM anime poster which featured Rockruff with Ash and co before Rockruff even joined Ash. Litten was also there, so that poster then already confirmed both for Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.