• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 6th: SM20&21 1 Hour Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
Also about the shining light, has anyone speculated that it could be Necrozma instead? Ash could see the rainbow refracting off of Necrozma and recall how he saw Ho-oh, cue flashback to end the episode. If the tcg can connect Necrozma and Ho-oh together maybe the anime will too?
That would be pretty cool as well. It would be a neat introduction to the Ultra Beasts in the anime (even if Necrozma technically isn't one).

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yes, I'm also getting a feeling Ash is going to leave Melemele soon after SM021. I wonder what island he will go to next.

Oh, boy this looks really sad. I'm now getting more convinced that Stoutland will die after seeing that picture on Twitter- rain does symbolise death somehow.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Can't help but feel Stoutland telling Litten to go with Popplio/Rowlet in SM016 has more meaning now.

Like Stoutland knew it might be dying soon (if SM021 does depict its death) so was encouraging Litten to go with the others and make friends with them so that Litten would have someone to turn to.

Last edited:

sheld999

think ash will have this litten now or stroutland will tell it go join ash he is a wise trainer

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Wow, I would be shocked if Ho Oh came back, it's been so long since we've seen him but at the same time for them to reference something that far back would be really special for the anime and particularly Ash and Pikachu's bond.

As for Litten, I really hope it is caught in this episode. The sooner he is caught, the sooner he can battle and be developed which is always good.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
This anime hasn't had a single rainy day, always keeping it sunny and clear. And now, suddenly it's raining in the episode where Stoutland might die and Litten is lying on the street like that?

If you are only talking about the SM Saga, then its ok.
But if its as a whole Series, then there have been a quite a few cases with rainy days (like for example the episode Ash caught Charmander).

As for the "they see a shining Pokémon floating in the sky" part, what if its "Necrozma"?

Janovy

Banned
If you are only talking about the SM Saga, then its ok.
But if its as a whole Series, then there have been a quite a few cases with rainy days (like for example the episode Ash caught Charmander).

As for the "they see a shining Pokémon floating in the sky" part, what if its "Necrozma"?
Yes, by 'this anime' I meant this particular series.

And that would be pretty cool.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
If they're using rain to signify sad or depressing events, can not wait for Po Town shenanigans :)

But not looking forward to Stoutland :(

Lionel_B

Speaking of Litten, here's a tweet from Rica from back in February.

https://twitter.com/rica_matsumoto3/status/832260171518746624

It contains a pic of Ash holding an umbrella with Pikachu standing by his side and both of them looking at Litten.

Oh no, Stoutland is gonna die...

Eng dub: Oh no, Stoutland is really going to be sent in another dimension ... (yeah, I discovered your first dubbing of Dragon Ball recently xD).

Laughter is the remedy for sadness...

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Oh no, Stoutland is gonna die...

Eng dub: Oh no, Stoutland is really going to be sent in another dimension ... (yeah, I discovered your first dubbing of Dragon Ball recently xD).

Laughter is the remedy for sadness...

Pokemon never really shied away from death. But I still don't want it to happen. Especially to poor old Stoutland.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
These episodes sound like it won't include Rotom for much.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :p

Rain does often symbolize death, or at least sadness. Rica's tweet has nothing to do with that drawing (she is talking about how she doesn't feel well), so it's hard to say if that is proof of anything or any kind of foreshadowing. But I still wouldn't be surprised if Stoutland actually passes away in this episode. It would be heartbreaking, but I don't think it would be too much for kids to handle.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
You say that like it's a bad thing. :p

Rain does often symbolize death, or at least sadness. Rica's tweet has nothing to do with that drawing (she is talking about how she doesn't feel well), so it's hard to say if that is proof of anything or any kind of foreshadowing. But I still wouldn't be surprised if Stoutland actually passes away in this episode. It would be heartbreaking, but I don't think it would be too much for kids to handle.
I think you people are reading too much into a picture. For all we know, the old Stoutland isn't feeling well and this is just the depression sequence of a song where at the end of it, the old Stoutland becomes better and tells Litten to be free my boy! Be free!

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Pretty sure the English dub wrote out the fact that the Laplace in XY49 was dying. Probably removed some other such references too.

So, at least the Japanese don't shy away from death or think it's too much for children to handle. Apparently, Americans (or, at least, 4Kids Entertainment and TPCi) think death is too much for children to handle. -_-

I think you people are reading too much into a picture. For all we know, the old Stoutland isn't feeling well and this is just the depression sequence of a song where at the end of it, the old Stoutland becomes better and tells Litten to be free my boy! Be free!

I'm not even reading into that picture at all. Like I said, Rica's tweet itself has nothing to do with Pokémon; she is talking about how she doesn't feel well, and she happened to use a Pokémon drawing, probably to emphasize how she felt. My feeling that Stoutland may pass away has nothing to do with Rica's tweet or that drawing. I've had this feeling since SM07 that Stoutland was going to die before Litten joined Ash, and the fact that Stoutland is getting weaker is only increasing my feeling.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

I really doubt that Litten will leave the old Stoutland alone to go with Ash. For the Stoutland situation to be handled, I can see the writers doing either these two things:

1) Having Stoutland die, which will be really sad(I hope it doesn't happen, though sadly it looks likely)
2) Leaving Stoutland under someone else's care, probably Kukui in this case

I would say that I prefer the second scenario to happen, but after seeing that picture on the Twitter, I'll say that the first scenario looks likely.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I really doubt that Litten will leave the old Stoutland alone to go with Ash. For the Stoutland situation to be handled, I can see the writers doing either these two things:

1) Having Stoutland die, which will be really sad(I hope it doesn't happen, though sadly it looks likely)

I would say that I prefer the second scenario to happen, but after seeing that picture on the Twitter, I'll say that the first scenario looks likely.
I wasn't being serious when I was making that post but either scenario I don't mind. The picture is just Rica talking about having a stuff nose of all sorts. I an see the old Stoutland dying as it's his time and the saying of it getting weaker and weaker is a sign of it becoming close to death.

Cat's Eye Draco

Pretty sure the English dub wrote out the fact that the Laplace in XY49 was dying. Probably removed some other such references too.

True, but they did keep the line about the old lady "passing away" in the Espurr episode (XY14). The granddaughter even offered to take the Espurr to the cemetery "where Grandma Lacey is now" at the end.

If knowing about Stoutland dying is really important to understanding the episode (and it probably would be) then they shouldn't have too much of a problem addressing it if it happens.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I wasn't being serious when I was making that post but either scenario I don't mind. The picture is just Rica talking about having a stuff nose of all sorts. I an see the old Stoutland dying as it's his time and the saying of it getting weaker and weaker is a sign of it becoming close to death.

I really, really hope that old Stoutland doesn't die. I'd prefer the "weaker and weaker" comment to mean that it needs someone to take care of it now, as opposed to living on its own as it currently does.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

Yeah.... i agree. Even if stoutland is under the care of kukui, litten won't want to leave his friend there and travel with ash. So stoutland dying seems more likely.

However, if writers don't want to show death in anime, the only other option is like stoutland will see how much ash cares for litten and then it will force litten to join ash after stoutland has found a new caretaker, it may be kukui or anyone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.