• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 6th: SM20&21 1 Hour Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Take this with a grain of salt guys, but I think this could mean that what is going to happen is what some of predicted would happen. Sorry, guys.

[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/6kRTNOP.jpg[/IMG139]

I don't think this episode is going to make sense, unless somehow they pull a very rare "Wow despite being only ~22 minutes that felt like a long episode" rather than a super rushed episode "Wait how was that ~22 minutes" which I feel more likely.

Unless Stoutland dies in the very beginning of the episode, cue Team Rocket bull (abducting Litten when its grieving), Ash and Litten save each other, and then Litten and Pikachu battle each other and Litten gets caught.

Maybe there will be a timeskip within the episode.

I just don't know, there doesn't seem to be a lot of grieving in this episode.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Also, Ash has been practicing Z-moves with Kiawe, so it's not too Farfetch'd to assume Kiawe, being the more experienced Z-move user, has been mentoring Ash.
Where have we seen so far that Kiawe has been practicing Z-moves with Ash? I only remember those two having a practice battle in SM011(at the end) and Kiawe with Turtonator helping to train Rockruff in SM015. There has been no implication, as per I remember z that Kiawe has been mentoring Ash in Z-moves. Ash already seems to be a better Z-move user (case in point, SM011).

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

I don't think this episode is going to make sense, unless somehow they pull a very rare "Wow despite being only ~22 minutes that felt like a long episode" rather than a super rushed episode "Wait how was that ~22 minutes" which I feel more likely.

Unless Stoutland dies in the very beginning of the episode, cue Team Rocket bull (abducting Litten when its grieving), Ash and Litten save each other, and then Litten and Pikachu battle each other and Litten gets caught.

Maybe there will be a timeskip within the episode.

I just don't know, there doesn't seem to be a lot of grieving in this episode.
I get where you're coming from. It's a lot to happen in a 22 minute episode. There probably will be a time skip like how this season started with Ash already in Alola.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Where have we seen so far that Kiawe has been practicing Z-moves with Ash? I only remember those two having a practice battle in SM011(at the end) and Kiawe with Turtonator helping to train Rockruff in SM015. There has been no implication, as per I remember z that Kiawe has been mentoring Ash in Z-moves. Ash already seems to be a better Z-move user already(case in point, SM011).

It's been happening off screen. Aside from the two instances you mentioned, Principal Oak mentioned Ash and Kiawe battling in the school courtyard in SM17; and in that same episode, Kiawe talked to Ash about practicing Z-moves with his Pokémon. It's kind of obvious that Kiawe and Ash have been practicing together. Just because it's not happening on screen doesn't mean it's not happening. And SM11 does not prove that Ash is a better Z-move user. There's been no indication of which boy is the better Z-move user. I'm not sure where you get that idea from.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Where have we seen so far that Kiawe has been practicing Z-moves with Ash? I only remember those two having a practice battle in SM011(at the end) and Kiawe with Turtonator helping to train Rockruff in SM015. There has been no implication, as per I remember z that Kiawe has been mentoring Ash in Z-moves. Ash already seems to be a better Z-move user already(case in point, SM011).
SM17 shows that they've been training Z-Moves together. And seriously, there's been no indication that Ash is a better Z-Move user than Kiawe. The two have never battled onscreen, so there's really no way to compare. Hell, Kiawe hasn't even used a Z-Move since the very first episode.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It's been happening off screen. Aside from the two instances you mentioned, Principal Oak mentioned Ash and Kiawe battling in the school courtyard in SM16; and in that same episode, Kiawe talked to Ash about practicing Z-moves with his Pokémon. It's kind of obvious that Kiawe and Ash have been practicing together. Just because it's not happening on screen doesn't mean it's not happening.

And we can't just assume things until we see it onscreen, y'know. Ash already seems to be a better Z-move user, I can't see now why he would even need Kiawe's help.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
that lion king reference...

looking forward to seeing litten join ash. i guess that pic implies stoutland will pass away.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
And we can't just assume things until we see it onscreen, y'know. Ash already seems to be a better Z-move user, I can't see now why he would even need Kiawe's help.

Did you misread my post? Kiawe was outright discussing with Ash practicing Z-moves with his Pokémon. He even said he thought it would be a good idea to practice Pikachu's Gigavolt Havoc, and Ash said he wanted to practice Z-moves with Rockruff instead. We may not have seen that Z-move training on screen, but that's a pretty clear indication that Kiawe is helping Ash practice his Z-moves.

How does Ash seem to be a better Z-move user? We have seen nothing to indicate which boy is the better Z-move user. It's not like we have seen them battle each other. We have only seen Kiawe use a Z-move once, in the first episode. However, given that he has had his Z-Ring for far longer, he is the more experienced Z-move user, so it's perfectly logical that Ash would ask him for help with his own training.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Did you misread my post? Kiawe was outright discussing with Ash practicing Z-moves with his Pokémon. He even said he thought it would be a good idea to practice Pikachu's Gigavolt Havoc, and Ash said he wanted to practice Z-moves with Rockruff instead. We may not have seen that Z-move training on screen, but that's a pretty clear indication that Kiawe is helping Ash practice his Z-moves.

How does Ash seem to be a better Z-move user? We have seen nothing to indicate which boy is the better Z-move user. It's not like we have seen them battle each other. We have only seen Kiawe use a Z-move once, in the first episode. However, given that he has had his Z-Ring for far longer, he is the more experienced Z-move user, so it's perfectly logical that Ash would ask him for help with his own training.
I have to agree with Satomine Night here.

I mean just because we've seen Ash use Z-Moves more or more than one, doesn't automatically make him better than Kiawe at using them (that's what sounds like is being said here). One would think logically, that since Kiawe has had his bracelet longer and has been using them longer, that'd he have a better understanding of them, and would be mentoring Ash in some ways.

I also don't understand, what does it matter really, at who's better in using Z-Moves in the first place? Just because it would make Ash appear to be a better Trainer then? Ok...lol. :p

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Nah, Kiawe has nothing noteworthy so far in SM. I thought at first at the beginning of SM that he might be someone who will be a step ahead of Ash and mentor him in Z-moves. But Ash has been way ahead of him so far(case in point, SM011). He not gonna get to do anything with one of Ash's Pokemon. :D

Taste this Inferno Overdrive to the face! Kiawe will do do something with one of Ash's Pokemon! :D

Kiawe did lead us to Olivia's majestic foot and I think he'll help Ash in learning about the Akala Island Trial and train with him some more (which has been shown onscreen.)

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I hope that Stoutland isn't forgotten when Litten joins Ash

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I mean just because we've seen Ash use Z-Moves more or more than one, doesn't automatically make him better than Kiawe at using them (that's what sounds like is being said here). One would think logically, that since Kiawe has had his bracelet longer and has been using them longer, that'd he have a better understanding of them, and would be mentoring Ash in some ways.

This right here. Kiawe had his Z-Ring and Z-Crystal longer than Ash has, and on top of that, he is an Alolan native whose own grandfather was a Kahuna, so of course he would know more about and be more experienced in using Z-moves than foreign exchange student Ash. Kiawe having his Z-Ring for longer also means that his Turtonator has more experience using Z-moves than Ash's Pokémon. (So far, Pikachu is the only one of Ash's Pokémon who has not been completely exhausted after using a Z-move.)

Daniel31 said:
I also don't understand, what does it matter really, at who's better in using Z-Moves in the first place? Just because it would make Ash appear to be a better Trainer then? Ok...lol. :p

Really, it shouldn't matter who is better at using Z-moves. Even if Ash were better at it, I don't think that would stop him from seeking help from Kiawe with training.

Kiawe did lead us to Olivia's majestic foot and I think he'll help Ash in learning about the Akala Island Trial and train with him some more (which has been shown onscreen.)

This made me laugh much harder than it should have. ^O^ I also expect Kiawe to give Ash advice and/or help him train when it comes time for him to take on Olivia's Grand Trial.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Hopefully we see Litten used against Olivia.
I still expect Rockruff to evolve and star against Olivia, but it would be cool to see Litten battle Oher.

Hopefully we'll see it used in the Trials as well.
The sad thing is kukui wont have a new pet with stoutland T_T
But seriously, they will go with that route? :O
I can't think of any other reason for Stoutland to be sitting on the clouds Mufasa style.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Take this with a grain of salt guys, but I think this could mean that what is going to happen is what some of predicted would happen. Sorry, guys.

[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/6kRTNOP.jpg[/IMG139]

Good riddance.
Glad a Pokemon, that isn't a legendary dies
He'd have served no purpose living with Kukui anyways, glad that ain't happening.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It's not confirmed that the old Stoutland will die even though I'm a sick bastard for wanting it to... it's destined. If the old Stoutland doesn't die then I won't particularly be disappointed. It'll just be off screen for a while until we get a health update. I'm also still happy to see that Prof Kukui is going to be involved in this episode! :) Papa Kukui got your back! I can really see him and Ash bringing the old Stoutland to the Pokémon Center.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
i bet if litten becomes incineroar, he'll be the ace in that one epic match that ash usually wins at the end of every series. maybe he could remember stoutland during that battle.

Or Incineroar could die at the end of SM if it has Greninja-esque power levels and reunite with its long term companion/guide/friend

Status
Not open for further replies.