• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 7th: SM116 - Lilie and the Secret Ingenuity Princess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Lillie is a nerd and all about researching and stuff pertaining to Pokemon so this episode sounds ideal for her. Guessing she could get a Z-Ring this episode or utilize Gladion’s for Subzero Slammer that or Magearna gives her the Fairium-Z or Shiron evolves / upgrades Powder Snow to Blizzard.

Or Lillie catches Magearna.

p96822

Evolve me please
Why is Magearna is important to help Lillie find her dad? Beside like able to feel the emotions of others it has no ablities to help them unless the anime is gonna give it a new ability to do so and sever the plot just like Tapu Fini did. Plus in both Moon and Ultra Moon in Magearna original color dex entries, Magearna was giving as a gift to the princess of Alola by the king 500 years ago. So it's kind of like a princess in that matter.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Where do u see Magearna?

The term "ingenuity" is heavily associated with Magearna, especially when spelled the way it is in the Japanese title.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So the anime staff have heard our calls that legends don't have to be overpowered enough to never join the main cast and low and behold, we get 3 of them relatively all within the same timeframe... outstanding.

WHY SHOULD I CARE? Lillie does nothing, Mallow does an extra amount of nothing... Ash's training amounts to nothing.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So the anime staff have heard our calls that legends don't have to be overpowered enough to never join the main cast and low and behold, we get 3 of them relatively all within the same timeframe... outstanding.

WHY SHOULD I CARE? Lillie does nothing, Mallow does an extra amount of nothing... Ash's training amounts to nothing.
Except they are Mythicals, which are different, and they will most likely be released.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Magearna suits Lillie but what’s the point. Clefairy would have been better
Because that Clefairy was reduced to being the cheesy Power Rangers' secret base's custodian.

Just like Gladion's Eevee having absolutely no spotlight whatsoever besides Gladion taking it in when he was a kid. Why focus on that when he has a freakin' chimera cyborg and the edgy-looking wolf?!

This show teaches us that we eventually get sick of the first mons we get until we get these shiny Alolan ones... (Holy crap, this show is BRUTAL.)

nuzamaki90

Wonder how the Soul Heart is going to play into the plot. I hope the gang take a visit to the Poke Pelago instead of finding Mohn in Ultra Space or some hotel on Melemele but like 60% of Alola’s game locations haven’t even shown up in the anime yet so I’m prepared for disappointment :/

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Henry's Journey

Why do you watch this anime exactly? to torture yourself? because what a bleak perspective on life you have, and the kind of person to ruin the fun for everyone else I see.

---

Anyways, it's interesting Lillie will be bonding with a mythical, her focus thru the series has been decent/good but the most important thing is that Ash is probably catching Meltan, YAY! :p

D

Deleted member 384931

Why do you watch this anime exactly? to torture yourself? because what a bleak perspective on life you have, and the kind of person to ruin the fun for everyone else I see.

---

Anyways, it's interesting Lillie will be bonding with a mythical, her focus thru the series has been decent/good but the most important thing is that Ash is probably catching Meltan, YAY! :p
You can also be too positive and blind for the worse aspects of the show like you.

DatsRight

I admit I'm kinda disappointed they didn't go for proper secondaries for two companions, which also feels like a cheap way to get out of much training or agenda development. It's also annoying since there was already an ideally established guest mythical that Lillie was screwed out of.

Red and Blue

I admit I'm kinda disappointed they didn't go for proper secondaries for two companions, which also feels like a cheap way to get out of much training or agenda development. It's also annoying since there was already an ideally established guest mythical that Lillie was screwed out of.
Which mythical was that? Nebby?

DatsRight

Which mythical was that? Nebby?

Bingo. I mean I get why they did it for story purposes, but the annoyance is that they still seemed to want to imply the same bond was there, despite even Ash barely getting to bond with Nebby.

Lillie and her desire to protect Nebby just made so much of her games role, hell by its next appearance, she doesn't even call it Nebby anymore, its just another generic legendary. It just seems so wrongly apathetic of her original character.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Bingo. I mean I get why they did it for story purposes, but the annoyance is that they still seemed to want to imply the same bond was there, despite even Ash barely getting to bond with Nebby.

Lillie and her desire to protect Nebby just made so much of her games role, hell by its next appearance, she doesn't even call it Nebby anymore, its just another generic legendary. It just seems so wrongly apathetic of her original character.
It all started when Ash stole her loft at Kukui's place...

DatsRight

It's something I'm really split down the middle with concerning Lillie, that she was this mysterious runaway with her own agenda and love for this important Pokemon in the games, and pretty all of that is gone in the anime. Not that it isn't replaced with something equally good at times mind you, I do really like some of anime Lillie's characterisation, but it's so bewildering that the anime writers seem to want to distance themselves so much from almost anything that made her good in the games, and then only conditionally try to capitalise on what makes her good in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.