• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April 7th: SM116 - Lilie and the Secret Ingenuity Princess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

p96822

Evolve me please
I admit I'm kinda disappointed they didn't go for proper secondaries for two companions, which also feels like a cheap way to get out of much training or agenda development. It's also annoying since there was already an ideally established guest mythical that Lillie was screwed out of.

You know that the Anime games and manga have different interpretations of the characters and what they do in the story. If Nebby want to be with Ash then so be it. Plus no joke of Nebby being told many times of getting into the bag. Plus I think Nebby in the games like the main character better then Lillie

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Eh, Lillie having Nebby in the games made sense because she was the protagonist. A weak, timid girl who needed to be protected and through her interactions with the player and her friends, grew into a stronger person, symbolized by the changing of her clothes. Nebby was a parallel of Lillie's character. A weak baby that had no way of defending itself until it became Cosmoem and then Solgaleo or Lunala.

The player? A blank, soulless automaton with no known personality except for what the other characters say they about them (because why show when you can tell?). Given how much people complain about how they never emote, I can't realistically see the player having a believable bond with Nebby.

Ash, on the other hand, is the protagonist of the anime. He's a character with an actual personality, with hopes and dreams, and he's shown to care for his friends, be they human or Pokemon. And given how Lillie's story was already changed, Nebby wouldn't really fit in with it much.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Eh, Lillie having Nebby in the games made sense because she was the protagonist. A weak, timid girl who needed to be protected and through her interactions with the player and her friends, grew into a stronger person, symbolized by the changing of her clothes. Nebby was a parallel of Lillie's character. A weak baby that had no way of defending itself until it became Cosmoem and then Solgaleo or Lunala.

The player? A blank, soulless automaton with no known personality except for what the other characters say they about them (because why show when you can tell?). Given how much people complain about how they never emote, I can't realistically see the player having a believable bond with Nebby.

Ash, on the other hand, is the protagonist of the anime. He's a character with an actual personality, with hopes and dreams, and he's shown to care for his friends, be they human or Pokemon. And given how Lillie's story was already changed, Nebby wouldn't really fit in with it much.
Except the protagonist was pretty much the chosen one by Tapu Koko, with their role overlapping's Lillie's. It's thanks to the protagonist that Lillie grows as a character (even though the protagonist is kind of a blank slate).

Here, Ash hogged BOTH roles (plus change...and Lillie's loft) without the family drama while Lillie is awkwardly progressing in a show where the focus is spread unevenly and strangely among 5 other characters.

In fact, Lillie's whole role in the games was pretty much the backbone to everything there. Now that the backbone was drilled out and replaced with a stick of wood reading "school life," the whole thing changed sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo drastically.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War

This sounds like an excuse to be honest. Nebby could of been given to Lillie. Yes sure Lillie’s role was changed but thats why the anime is called an adaptation. They could of expanded on “Misson: Total Recall” and had Nebby help Lillie recover her memories. Also you described Lillie as “a weak, timid girl who grew into a stronger person through her interactions with her friends”. How is this is not anime Lillie as well? By your logic, Lillie should of gotten Nebby in the anime as well and it would of made sense. There really isn’t anything that special about Ash and the anime even called that out (as if self awareness means anything if nothing comes from it).

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Why do you watch this anime exactly? to torture yourself? because what a bleak perspective on life you have, and the kind of person to ruin the fun for everyone else I see.
Being cynical is just too much fun with this show these days. I've been broken since Ash's Charizard lost him the Indigo League back in my childhood (which is actually a half-truth)

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
This sounds like an excuse to be honest. Nebby could of been given to Lillie. Yes sure Lillie’s role was changed but thats why the anime is called an adaptation. They could of expanded on “Misson: Total Recall” and had Nebby help Lillie recover her memories. Also you described Lillie as “a weak, timid girl who grew into a stronger person through her interactions with her friends”. How is this is not anime Lillie as well? By your logic, Lillie should of gotten Nebby in the anime as well and it would of made sense. There really isn’t anything that special about Ash and the anime even called that out (as if self awareness means anything if nothing comes from it).
Lille is not that special too and i kind agreed with lolipice on her game role is due to our so-called protagonists don't have much a predominantly personality to speak

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Red and Blue

I think Lillie won't catch Magearna and will be similar case to Mallow and Shaymin.
Well Lillie is the main Poke Girl, plus her brother owns a Legendary. I could see her as the second one on the cast to officially own a Mythical.

Status
Not open for further replies.