• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April Banner Contest

John's Knight

@J.K., do you have any say in choosing the winners at all? I mean, some banners that have been voted for aren't that well done. I don't wanna point out anyone's but, what if the "worst made banner" is 1st place?

That's generally why people who know GFX should be the ones who do the voting, otherwise it's the "who's got the best anime/my favorite pokemon" contest.

*sighs* That's the problem with this forum. It's not really meant to be a small GFX community: there will always be people who are either biased, or will vote for "who's got the best anime/my favourite pokemon". There are also people who want to win not by their own skills and work, but by how many friends they have and can vote.
When the voting is public, I bet there will be problems. When there are judges, there was problems in the past, and I'm certain there will be in the future.
Also, we can't only let people who know GFX vote: how the hell would we distinct someone who knows it and who doesn’t? Plus, that’s the meaning of "public voting": anyone can vote.

Fallen Guardian GMV - me likey the flow, and the text is nice and fits in.

Vote accepted.

~~~~~~~~

I also vote for Fallen Guardian: nice flow and colors.
And my vote is clearly accepted.

**King Metagross**

The Steel Beast
I vote for Charizard#1 banner because it has a flow of color pattern of green black and grey with torterra.

Ozma Regent

Death is upon us...
I'm voting for Fallen Guardian. I loved the colors, and the text fits quite well. Turbonegro was close also ^_^

I'll vote for Fallen Gaurdian's. It's well done, has nice effects, and the render blends in. Unless the fire is part of the render...
Haha, just saw that part.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/Jyd3n/gallery_2064_1_405024.png

Pure smex my friend.

Also, I agree John, there really is no way to properly vote on a non-GFX site where you don't have any appointed judges that have proven their abilities and skills along with their understanding of Photoshop, flow, lighting, depth, curvature, colorization, placement (I could go for awhile) so I agree this is the best way to vote. I just like to engage in friendly arguements ^.^ .

I'll vote for Fallen Gaurdian's. It's well done, has nice effects, and the render blends in. Unless the fire is part of the render...

Pure smex my friend.

Also, I agree John, there really is no way to properly vote on a non-GFX site where you don't have any appointed judges that have proven their abilities and skills along with their understanding of Photoshop, flow, lighting, depth, curvature, colorization, placement (I could go for awhile) so I agree this is the best way to vote. I just like to engage in friendly arguements ^.^ .

John's Knight

Pure smex my friend.

So the fire wasn't part of the render... Awesome =D
And I'm ready for arguements at anytime ;P

Also, Turbonegro, yes there are second and third places.

Charizard#1

Colorless Madness
So is the winner is going to be decided today because of the voting deadline is today :)

Last edited:

John's Knight

April Banner Contest - Final Results
SerebiiForums

First of all, I want to say that I had no opinion at all regarding the results: you can double-check the votes to see if I "swapped" them, but I assure you, they're correct. Bribes weren't good enough <<;

Second...there is no second, I think. So, RESULTS TIME! Prepare for Spoilers!

OMG, there are 3 third place winners! All of them with 1 vote!

Turbonegro
thirdplaceturbocopy.png

IronSceptile X
thirdplaceironcopy.png

Inazuma
thirdplaceinazumacopy.png

Congratulations to all of you, your banners were certainly some of the best.

Charizard#1
secondplacecopy.png

Congratulations on achieving second place, with 2 votes!

Fallen Guardian
firstplacecopy.png

Congratulations! With 3 votes, you managed to get on first place!

The banners above are not under Signature Banner Size Rules, so if you think of putting them in your sig, don't forget to split them!

Congratulations again to all winners, and to those who didn't win, better luck next time!

Nagashi

Master Coordinator
^If we just got more people to vote there would have been no problems. -_-

And congrats FallenG, your banner was definately the best out of the bunch - congrats.

Congrats FG! Your banner rocks! How did you make that fiery effect? Unless you followed JK's tutorial on that, make a thread here, please?

I thought I got a vote? In post #85. Anyway, congrats everyone!

John's Knight

Congrats FG! Your banner rocks! How did you make that fiery effect? Unless you followed JK's tutorial on that, make a thread here, please?

I thought I got a vote? In post #85. Anyway, congrats everyone!

Actually, it ended on Friday XD
So, Nagashi's, mine, and others after mine's votes won't be accepted.
Results will be up in a minute.

There's your answer.
May Contest will be up soon.

Charizard#1

Colorless Madness
It would had been a real contest if a lot more people voted.
(People you can make banners or pictures about voting or take part in the contest like coming to a request shop then it would be more votes and contestants.):)

John's Knight

It would had been a real contest if a lot more people voted.
(People you can make banners or pictures about voting or take part in the contest like coming to a request shop then it would be more votes and contestants.):)

Nope. You know why?

THE NEXT CONTEST WON'T HAVE PUBLIC VOTING. IT WILL HAVE ME AND NAGASHI AS JUDGES.

Thank you for reading this.

Brandon-kun

lalalalalalalalalala
Congratulations to everyone who entered! ^^