• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Wait, Iris from Blackthorn in Gen II? That makes no sense! For playing Gen 2, I don't remember seeing Iris in GSC and HGSS. How come she didn't mentioned when we didn't see her in the manga book and in the game? Kusaka, stop messing up the chronological order!
I do say however that Iris did advance for Black to let her go on. The fans are right.

First of all, Just because you didn't see her in the GSC and HGSS chapters doesn't mean that she couldn't be from Johto. We only saw the parts of Blackthorn City that were relevant to the plot at hand. She could have been there the whole time for all we know. Unless Kusaka made a point to showcase every little nook and cranny of Blackthorn, we don't know for sure.

Second, Kusaka is the writer (and therefore God) of the PokeSpe universe. When it comes to HIS story, HE decides the chronological order and what is and isn't canon.

Seeing as you said "playing Gen 2", I think I have to restress this yet again: The games and PokeSpe are TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT ENTITIES. What happens in one doesn't effect the other. Kusaka (or as I said, the PokeSpe God) can do whatever he wants to because this is his goddamn story!

Appears to me that the Hoodman may simply be Colress with the 'research' thing and the fact that it may be linked to the Gymleaders' kidnapping. Colress did have a Beheeyem in the games, so we may have been hyping up too much about the Hoodman after all.

Aw, nuts! I was looking forward to starting false rumors about the Hoodman being Professor Oak!

In all, these two chapters seem to be nicely written. I think Kusaka's getting his groove back!

Macromind101

Hood Man is Colress? Ah shoot, so I guess there's no sign of Sird's defeat in the horizon after all (though I'm glad that Kusaka is keeping her out of modern day plots). Haha still though I had a feeling that we all would be surprised by something that isn't so surprising after all.

Though I'm confused on one thing: why does Colress have to disguise himself like that? I'm guessing that he didn't reveal to the public that he was a Plasma member yet (in the games that doesn't come until the end of two years later) so it's not like he's a wanted man or anything like Zinzolin is. Maybe he's still somewhat famous for his research and he wanted to compete in the league without arousing attention? Ah I'm sure it'll be revealed in the future. I actually was kinda hoping that Hood Man was Sird after seeing that she wasn't in Volume 43 so that the writers can finish her off ASAP but now I'm kinda relieved that she isn't so that she could stay out of the Unova plot. She'll probably be mentioned or something by Mewtwo in his showcase of Psystrike.

Thanks a lot for the summary. I am starting to love Iris more and more! She's so awesome, I love her background story and her grudge against N.

Good to know that White will be doing something useful. I hope they'll find the gymleaders soon and I wonder what happened to Cheren, has team Plasma done something to him?

So Team plasma has 2 people from their team that are infiltrating in the Pokemon league.

I can't wait for the next issue. Maybe Musha returns, because Black is fulfilling his dream now. What will he do after he wins the league and becomes champ? If he beats it of course.

Okay here's my prediction. Black defeats the Elite Four (and I'm guessing that the battles will seem rushed to everyone because each battle with each Elite Four member will be just a few panels long) and Black is about to be crowned as Champion when suddenly N's Castle springs up. There will be a big epic battle between the Plasma sages and the Gym Leaders in retaliation for kidnapping them (unless I'm mistaken, they're all back, or at least Clay is back, and they lost their memories thanks to Beheeyem) and Black and Reshiram battles N and Zekrom. Black wins and then Ghetsis with Kyurem strikes and Black/Reshiram and White/Zekrom has to stop the final menace. Oh and plus I'm predicting that Musha will go to Bianca. There's my two cents. :p

Last edited:

matt0044

Second, Kusaka is the writer (and therefore God) of the PokeSpe universe. When it comes to HIS story, HE decides the chronological order and what is and isn't canon.

I'm sorry but I can't help but chuckle at the "god" part. :D I dunno why.

If Black were to become the champion and stay the champion, I wonder if Iris's BW2 role would be succeeding Drayden as Gym Leader. Hypothetically speaking...

Last edited:

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
I'm sorry but I can't help but chuckle at the "god" part. I dunno why.

That's "God" in context to PokeSpe, not the real world. :rolleyes:

Hood Man is Colress? Ah shoot, so I guess there's no sign of Sird's defeat in the horizon after all (though I'm glad that Kusaka is keeping her out of modern day plots). Haha still though I had a feeling that we all would be surprised by something that isn't so surprising after all.

Don't fret! Maybe it will be revealed that she had a gender-swapping operation to evade Mewtwo and she's really Colress! :p

If Black were to become the champion and stay the champion, I wonder if Iris's BW2 role would be succeeding Drayden as Gym Leader. Hypothetically speaking...

That would be an interesting form of role-reversal. However, I think Black is going to have epiphany and realize that "winning something as contextually simple as the league isn't as important as long as my friends and family are safe" resulting in him happily conceding the championship to Iris.

Macromind101

I'm sorry but I can't help but chuckle at the "god" part. :D I dunno why.

I'm sure that Black will turn down the title of champion after some character development after Musha left him so the next candidate to be the next Unova champion will be Iris. That's pretty much the Viridian Gym fiasco between Red and Blue.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/9278002a3493705e7821c1cd08d8c606/tumblr_mii548bNXl1r1alb2o1_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/9d74e961cfe26ac5e4f977667a1d0d98/tumblr_mii548bNXl1r1alb2o2_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/0fb916194a0687b8a520170e5312908b/tumblr_mii548bNXl1r1alb2o3_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/dd84c3f80382baaba417865542841658/tumblr_mii548bNXl1r1alb2o4_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/be785e9096cbb32ce5f7154882997203/tumblr_mii548bNXl1r1alb2o5_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/f9ea63e98eb8c5efc53640b27a44794f/tumblr_mii548bNXl1r1alb2o6_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/3cd16e9f6c88efef78dcd453078d77da/tumblr_mii548bNXl1r1alb2o7_1280.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/b700740a0a6063c552181c9d4d1b5d60/tumblr_mii548bNXl1r1alb2o8_1280.jpg[/img139]

Coronis, you neglected to mention that White's appearance had her in an awesome pose.

Uh, did Petashi shrink? He wasn't that small in his first appearance. He looked slightly older, even.

1) Tepig vs Snivy vs Oshawott.
2) Black, Bianca, and Cheren are introduced.
3) Tep is nicknamed.
4) Black meets Hiker Andy.
5) Black meets White.
6) Black and White meet Team Plasma.
7) Black vs. N part 1.
8) Black vs. N part 2.
9) Black, Bianca, and Cheren vs. Striaton Gym Leaders part 1.
10) Black, Bianca, and Cheren vs. Striaton Gym Leaders part 2. (Volume 3)
11) Black and White meet Fennel.
12) Black and White at Nacrene.
13) Black vs. Lenora part 1.
14) Black vs. Lenora part 2.
15) Black and Burgh vs Team Plasma.
16) Pinwheel Forest and Black vs Janitor Geoff.
17) Tep vs Zorua.
18) Black vs Burgh part 1/ Bianca's stolen Pokemon.
19) Black vs Burgh part 2/ Bianca's Pokemon retrieval.
20) Black and White on Liberty Island.
21) Black and White in the Desert Resort.
22) White sets up the Pokemon Musical.
23) Musical starts.
24) Black vs Elesa.
25) White and N.
26) Marshal appears.
27) Marshal vs Alder.
28) Black teaches White about Pokemon battling.
29) Black vs Zorua.
30) White meets Shauntal
31) Black and Cheren in the Cold Storage.
32) Black vs Clay part 1.
33) Black vs Clay part 2.
34) Black and Clay arrive in Mistralton/ Black vs Skyla part 1
35) Black vs Syla part 2/ Gym Leaders vs Shadow Triad part 1
36) Gym Leaders vs Shadow Triad part 2
37) Gym Leaders vs Shadow Triad part 3
38) Brycen trains Black part 1
39) Brycen trains Black part 2
40) Brycen trains Black part 3
41) Brycen trains Black part 4
42) Black at the Mistralton Cave part 1
43) Black at the Mistralton Cave part 2
44) Black and White reunite
45) Alder vs N
46) Black, White, and Cedric vs N
47) Pokemon League begins
48) League part 1/Black vs Looker
49) League part 2/Everyone vs everyone
50) League part ?/Black vs Iris

???) Black has a flashback part 1
???) Black has a flashback part 2
???) White vs Subway Bosses/ Bianca and Meloetta part 1
???) Bianca and Meloetta part 2
???) Shadow Triad vs Striaton trio (part 1)
???) Shadow Triad vs Striaton trio (part 2)

Trutown

Doctor
I just thought of something. If N has already beaten Alder, doesn't that mean that he is champion now? Why hasn't he gone on television and given his demands yet? Isn't he the goveNator of Unova now? Is that how things work in the PokeSpe universe, or is the champion just there for show? What does Alder's disappearance mean practically? Why is N not sitting on what used to be Alder's throne so that he can sit back and anticipate the joy of soon kicking back Black to the curb?

This seems an awful lot like a plot-hole to me.

arawn

Because the win of N is invalid . He didn't participate Unova league . He haven't collected 8 badges . He haven't defeated Elite 4 yet . So just defeat Alder didn't make him the champion . Lorelei defeated Red but that didn't mean she was the new champion .

e9310103838

Because the win of N is invalid . He didn't participate Unova league . He haven't collected 8 badges . He haven't defeated Elite 4 yet . So just defeat Alder didn't make him the champion . Lorelei defeated Red but that didn't mean she was the new champion .

If Red is an official champion, then he will not be able to participate in gym leader exam...... ;424;

matt0044

I just thought of something. If N has already beaten Alder, doesn't that mean that he is champion now? Why hasn't he gone on television and given his demands yet? Isn't he the goveNator of Unova now? Is that how things work in the PokeSpe universe, or is the champion just there for show? What does Alder's disappearance mean practically? Why is N not sitting on what used to be Alder's throne so that he can sit back and anticipate the joy of soon kicking back Black to the curb?

This seems an awful lot like a plot-hole to me.

Unless you defeat them in the league after the tournament and the Elite Four, you do not actually receive the title of champion. Hell, in the Anime, if Paul defeated Cynthia outside the league (possibly), that still wouldn't count.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
This was amusing to say the least. :X

Iris comes from Blackthorn City, huh? Cool backstory, unlike the anime and games where she hails from the Village of Dragons near or inside the Unova Region. She also has a Lapras and was an arrogant and somewhat bratty kid before being defeated by Drayden and getting mentors in the form of Drayden and Alder. That's really some amazing backstory, this might just be my favorite backstory for Iris because it's so different and intriguing. I can't wait to read those chapters in full when they get collected, the battle looks interesting. Kusaka never disappoints.

I wonder what he's pulling with Cheren, I actually like the changes he made. I found Cheren a tad boring in the games so I don't mind the small bit of Sasuke-ish behavior that's being glued to his character.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Dear all, I just reviewed the Pokemon Fan chapter again, and I must say Black vs Iris may NOT be the final battle after all. The first panel before their fight actually showed 4 trainer capsules on the stage, which means Cheren and the Hoodman are probably still there. Their battle was just called 'the tournament battle that will decide who will be the top of the Pokemon League'. There is some vagueness in this statement. Every battle in the tournament can be regarded as 'one of the battles that will decide who will be the top', especially since there are no plural forms in Japanese. Another thing that suggests this might not be the final battle is the lack of enthusiasm in the crowd and the Announcer's speech. I suppose the final battle would be more hyped, but it was portrayed as just another battle.

So, possibly, we may see Cheren vs Hoodman in the next Ichiban chapter, and then perhaps the one that follows is the final battle? In a way it makes sense because by showing us the real final battle in Fan now basically takes away the surprise factor in the coming Ichiban's content (because we'll know Black and Iris will beat their respective opponents). We'll probably have to wait til next Ichiban for the confirmation, but things look semi-finals to me at this moment.

Coronis~

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Well, if Iris is out on the semi-finals, then that means that she's not going to be the runner-up against the champion... so much for the theory of Black having a moment of character development and giving up the title.

This means that Kusaka has something up his sleeve to surprise us, and I'm sure it's going to be awesome.

Uh, did Petashi shrink? He wasn't that small in his first appearance. He looked slightly older, even.

I thought the same thing. At first I was just going shrug it off as the last chapter might have been toying with perspectives, but looking back it's very obvious that he's almost as tall as Cheren in some panels in there while he's much shorter here.

(Damn, did someone remove Cheren's soul somewhere before this chapter?)

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
Well, if Iris is out on the semi-finals, then that means that she's not going to be the runner-up against the champion... so much for the theory of Black having a moment of character development and giving up the title.

To be fair, that could still happen... it would just be that the other runner ups also give up their title (Cheren leaves to become Aspertia gym leader, Hoodman/Maybe-Colress turns out to be a villain and goes off to do whatever he's going to do in B2W2)

But for Iris to be the 3rd runner up crowned champion is kinda lame, lol

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
To be fair, that could still happen... it would just be that the other runner ups also give up their title (Cheren leaves to become Aspertia gym leader, Hoodman/Maybe-Colress turns out to be a villain and goes off to do whatever he's going to do in B2W2)

But for Iris to be the 3rd runner up crowned champion is kinda lame, lol

That... could work out well! Cheren and/or Hoodman progress before Black and for reasons above give up the title. Black decides that he wants it by his own merits and not by default and therefore surrenders it to Iris!

arawn

That would be a slap to Iris's face . That would mean her power wasn't strong enough to be a legit champion . And that title can be taken by someone easily .

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
That would be a slap to Iris's face . That would mean her power wasn't strong enough to be a legit champion . And that title can be taken by someone easily .

Another is for Black to become champion, League gets attacked by N's Castle and they battle, after which N flies off with Zekrom, Black chases with Reshiram and designate Iris as interim Champion because she shared his dreams of conquering the League (he skips Cheren because of the same reason above - Aspertia City Gym).

If Hugh is the protagonist of B2W2, they can allow Black to disappear for a while and re-appear when Hugh battles Ghetsis + Kyurem like in B2W2. Meanwhile, Iris proves herself to be a good enough temporary champion that everyone sort of just considers her the real champion.

I kinda like this one better because it's closer to the game.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I've never been crazy about Iris as champion. When I first heard it, it felt so random to have her as Unova champ instead of someone like Cheren of the BW1 protagonist game wise. But here in Pokemon Adventures/Special land things are different. This whole "Black gives Iris the title" thing makes Iris look inferior and like a false champ. I fail to see why Black would give the title to Iris. He can still have strong bonds with his Pokemon and friends without having to give up the title he's been screaming about all Black and White chapter.

matt0044

^And who says Iris needs to become the champion in PokeSpe? Are we forgetting what Manga reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.