• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
I've never been crazy about Iris as champion. When I first heard it, it felt so random to have her as Unova champ instead of someone like Cheren of the BW1 protagonist game wise.

I totally agree. It comes out of left-field and sometimes I wonder if Game Freak did that because the anime made her so significant.

This whole "Black gives Iris the title" thing makes Iris look inferior and like a false champ. I fail to see why Black would give the title to Iris. He can still have strong bonds with his Pokemon and friends without having to give up the title he's been screaming about all Black and White chapter.

Again, agreed. But the typical story-telling cliche is the whole "wanting something so bad then realizing that have your friends and family makes you the real winner" thing. I really wouldn't want that to happen, but it's such a common cliche that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it did. I would rather have Black become the Champion and realize that he couldn't have done it without his friends and his Pokemon. Still a cliche, but not as wall-banging as both the character and the audience get their cake and eat it, too.

^And who says Iris needs to become the champion in PokeSpe? Are we forgetting what Manga reading?

Also, this. Kusaka could very well pull something bizarre out of his hat for a champion.

Last edited:

matt0044

arawn

But i really want to see the princess appearance of Iris when she become champ . But the way Kusaka handled things made me feel like she will get the short end of the stick .
Aww ,and White too . I think this time Kusaka didn't give White much chance to shine . Black overshadowed her too much . At least Gold haven't outshined Crys so much . And Ruby's screentime wasn't more than Sapphire's significantly . And i think Platinum had the same (if not more ) solo scenes than Dia .

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
And i think Platinum had the same (if not more ) solo scenes than Dia .

When you consider the entire Platinum arc, I wouldn't be surprised if one looks at the actual appearance stats and sees that she had (if only slightly) more "screentime" (if we can really call it that in a printed medium) than her male companions.

I have a feeling that White's going to be getting a little more time in the spotlight sometime soon. If Kusaka's going to have her be involved in this chapter, he needs to be quickly getting to it as we're probably getting close to the end of the BW arc.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I will admit, it doesn't feel like White gets all that much, but she does some stuff. It's just Black's hero/league story is far more dominate this chapter that it feels like it's the only thing that matters. Where in the past Sapphire, Crystal, and Platinum were equal to their male counterparts if not more. Most only played second when it was evil Team time. White doesn't really have moments look the other girls do yet, it's probably because she just became a trainer. I admit it would sound like a good idea if BW2 was more focused on White this time around but that more then likely won't be the case. Still I think White's moment to shine is coming, we just need to be patient. She did invent Musicals :)

matt0044

nuzamaki90

Hmm. So the Hoodman is only Colress and not Sird. That actually explains Beheeyem. Looks like the fans (including me) who are expecting for Sird to return as a Hoodman became false.

Wait, Iris from Blackthorn in Gen II? That makes no sense! For playing Gen 2, I don't remember seeing Iris in GSC and HGSS. How come she didn't mentioned when we didn't see her in the manga book and in the game? Kusaka, stop messing up the chronological order!
I do say however that Iris did advance for Black to let her go on. The fans are right.

And lastly, Cheren not happy? Are we ganna have another Saskue or lose Cheren? He's supposed to be a regular teen that acts as a smart student, not become a terrified emo boy. But this is new: Gray. That means one thing, we will later get to see what Gray will look like since Gray was not made into a game but later as a character. I hope he has his appearance and important just like Emerald, Yellow, and Crystal.

Ruby is from Goldenrod City, but he didn't even make a cameo back then.

Anyways, although I didn't understand the chapter at first cuz I didn't read Ichiban's, I'm surprised Iris ended up in the finals rather than Cheren. I guess that means Cheren loses to one of them in the Semi's, and because of that little comment Black made with Cheren acting cold and what not, I'm guessing they will battle in the Semi's and that lose will knock some sense back into him.

Hax that Fraxure evolved into Haxorus so suddenly, too bad it got troll'd by Ice-Beam lolololol

Edit: I'm so freaking surprised and probably so late on noticing how Zinzolin has his BW2 outfit instead of his BW outfit. That eye-gear makes him look blind =P

Last edited:

e9310103838

Whether Black VS Iris is semi-finals or final, the progress of Ichiban has left no more than.

If Black VS Iris is semi-finals, than may we get Cheren VS Hood man (or not any battle), and White makes the scene.

If it's final, we will get Black VS Cheren or Hood man, and Iris VS Cheren or Hood man in Ichiban next, and White makes the scene.

Maybe next month will be BW last round in Ichiban, than we will get B2W2 in next until XY (or XY serialized in other magazines).

And BW may continue to be serialized in Fan, or new magazines, and volumes completed. ;306;

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I've never been crazy about Iris as champion. When I first heard it, it felt so random to have her as Unova champ instead of someone like Cheren of the BW1 protagonist game wise.

Making Cheren the Champion would be ignoring the point of his story arc in the first games, where he had to learn that being the strongest wasn't the right thing to focus exclusively on.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
^And who says Iris needs to become the champion in PokeSpe? Are we forgetting what Manga reading?

Generally, PokeSpe follows the games' storylines; Iris becoming Champion and defeating Alder was part of that storyline, in the transition from BW to BW2. Personally, I have enough faith in Kusaka's writing that he'll make something decent happen with it. Remember when everyone boggled over Wallace becoming the Champion over Steven when Emerald came out?

matt0044

Generally, PokeSpe follows the games' storylines; Iris becoming Champion and defeating Alder was part of that storyline, in the transition from BW to BW2. Personally, I have enough faith in Kusaka's writing that he'll make something decent happen with it. Remember when everyone boggled over Wallace becoming the Champion over Steven when Emerald came out?

True but I don't remember Team Rocket taking over the Johto League in the games.

All I'm saying is that it wouldn't blow me away if he made such a change.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
True but I don't remember Team Rocket taking over the Johto League in the games.

All I'm saying is that it wouldn't blow me away if he made such a change.

Starting with R/S he stuck more with the game storyline. The plots from RGBY and GSC deviated from the games quite a bit, but there hasn't been any wild changes to the plot since...

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Netkun updated...........!

Volume 44's cover is revealed!

[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/bca73183baca79a54e11ab1d0ce77e4c/tumblr_mixj5m5zcC1r1alb2o1_400.png[/img139]

matt0044

Epic manly tears, N.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Netkun updated...........!

Volume 44's cover is revealed!

[img139]http://25.media.tumblr.com/bca73183baca79a54e11ab1d0ce77e4c/tumblr_mixj5m5zcC1r1alb2o1_400.png[/img139]

I knew N would make a cover. If Cynthia did, then surely N would. I don't know. This cover doesn't look as nice as Volume 43's to me anyway. Still nice and it's White's official full volume cover appearance with Bubu-Chan/Gigi. I almost forgot the piece of bacon was her's at one point. When this is all over White should eat it. That will teach the porker to bite the hand that feeds you, Jk :p

matt0044

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I wonder why N's eyes are yellow. I remember someone asking Kusaka (or Yamamoto) about it and they said it was gray-colored.

Wait....don't Yellow's eyes become yellow when she uses her powers?

[img139]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/6986/yellowpi.png[/img139]

Status
Not open for further replies.