• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Netkun has updated, and it seems like PokeFan will stop serializing PKSP starting from its upcoming issue. Guess we're down to one magazine for XY now. From the writer's corner, seems that it is partially Hidenori's decision. He mentioned that he became a board member of PokeFan this month, but decided not to continue featuring PKSP on the magazine. He said it's mainly due to ORAS on Club Sunday. The fact that they are working on Club Sunday, Ichiban on a monthly basis, all the while continuing their work on B2W2, makes it tough that they need to cater for an extra Fan chapter every now and then, since it is unpredictable with its irregular release schedules.

They also added the ORAS arc to the Arc listing page, but nothing new there. They also used black and white headshots of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald instead of coloured ones in the Arc/Game listing page.

Coronis~

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
...What? But we just got another place to publish Pokespe.

Can't they at least come back once B2W2 is finished?

e9310103838

http://club.shogakukan.co.jp/

This month ORAS.

Mega latios, and Zinnia appear (Oh, Ruby what are you doing... lol)

And Sapphire looks like to want to invite Ruby to go to the astro theatres.

----------------------

Oh, this seems that Ruby gave Sapphire the ticket. ;380;

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
http://club.shogakukan.co.jp

It's here.

Today's the day for ORAS. But with good things must come the bad.

According to our kind friend, Coronis.

Netkun has updated, and it seems like PokeFan will stop serializing PKSP starting from its upcoming issue. Guess we're down to one magazine for XY now. From the writer's corner, seems that it is partially Hidenori's decision. He mentioned that he became a board member of PokeFan this month, but decided not to continue featuring PKSP on the magazine. He said it's mainly due to ORAS on Club Sunday. The fact that they are working on Club Sunday, Ichiban on a monthly basis, all the while continuing their work on B2W2, makes it tough that they need to cater for an extra Fan chapter every now and then, since it is unpredictable with its irregular release schedules.

They also added the ORAS arc to the Arc listing page, but nothing new there. They also used black and white headshots of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald instead of coloured ones in the Arc/Game listing page.

Coronis~

Sapphire has the meteorite shower ticket. FranticShipping!
Ruby went to sky pillar and met Zinnia.
Ruby showed Zinnia his scar.
Once again, Ruby tricked another pokemon with his pokeblock.
Meteoroid is coming in 10days!!

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️

Coronis~
Is it that huge workload? Are they writing chapters in advance or just the month of the release? I don't want to underestimate the work of a mangaka since I heard it can be hell, but that's usually weekly mangaka.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Just a brief summary of this month's ORAS:

Joseph Stone, Briney and Drake discuss about the Delta entity. Joseph wants Drake's input since he is a dragon expert, but Drake wants to have more information because he doesn't want to give a careless opinion. Joseph mentions that he wishes that they can solve their crisis by a method that doesn't involve the Delta, if it is what he thinks it is.

Meanwhile, Sapphire and Emerald have gained Ultima's recognition in training, and Ultima seems to think there are certain Pokedex Holders who aren't really that smart (a flashback of Gold burning her hair during his training). Ultima thinks it's time to let the Pokemon get themselves ready for Mega Evolution, and it is revealed that Steven already has their Mega Stones. Sapphire starts to get suspicious since the live TV broadcast ended some time ago but Ruby still hasn't returned. Turns out Ruby was at the Rustboro TV station for the Contest broadcast and not at a Contest Hall. Emerald seems to know where Ruby went, and Sapphire gets suspicious of him either. She mentions that Ruby has a tendency to take things onto his shoulder alone, and she gets worried. Emerald comforts her that Ruby won't let himself get hurt, since he did give her the ticket to the Space Center to watch the Litleo meteor show, and he would keep his promise after their current mission.

On Ruby's side, Latios tells him to get ready and Mega Evolves for the first time. With that, it gains the ability to Soar, and Ruby is astonished that he can now see the entire Hoenn on cloud level. Turns out that his destination is the Sky Pillar, and a flashback to Wally scaling the tower under Norman's guidance was shown. Ruby gets hesitant about climbing, but Latios assures him that he is more than capable. However, seems Ruby is just afraid of getting his Pokemon and himself dirty, which makes Latios collapse. A wild Claydol appears, and Ruby sends out Fofo to defeat it with Hail (I think it's the first time he gives it its full introduction speech). At that moment, Zinnia shows herself, and finds Castform's weather controlling abilities interesting, which makes her think of those of Kyogre and Groudon, and even the Dragon master who rules over them. Ruby asks who it is, but Zinnia says one should introduce himself first. Ruby does so, and ambushes Zinnia, but Zinnia manages to get out of the way. Ruby reveals to Latios that Zinnia is the reason he has come and start to give chase, and steps on a cracked floor and fell through. Latios saves him, but Zinnia, stating that they should kick out rude intruders, sends out her Salamence to attack Latios, knocking the two down to the lower floor. Ruby isn't fazed by Salamence since he knows well how to handle one, and Zinnia burns Latios with a Fire Blast. Suddenly, she notices that Aster has run off, and turns out that Ruby has lured it away with Pokeblocks. Ruby grabs the chance to pull Zinnia down and towers over her (seems Ruby has yet another awkward scene with a female). He reveals that he knows Zinnia's name, and demands information about the crisis that is about to hit their planet.

At the Mossdeep Space Center, Prof. Cozmo has a conversation with Joseph Stone on the phone, and states that he seems to have a miscalculation. Last week, he thought the meteor he discovered wasn't going to hit Earth, but somehow, the meteor seems to have changed course, and is heading straight for their planet in 10 day's time. It is expected to land on a solitary island on Route 131, and one of his assistants did question if it is really a meteor...

====================================

Not too many things this month, but it seems like Zinnia's Salamence isn't the same during Ruby and Sapphire's childhood (or at least Ruby doesn't seem to recognize it yet). The rest seems to follow the Delta episode quite closely. In the games, Deoxys was suggested to be the one who detered the meteror's course. I wonder if Deoxys will appear again here?

Coronis~

Obscurites

Shishiko-zodiac meteor shower ticket? The same one from the game that is obtained at the beginning of Episode Delta, right?

Also, unexpected RubiHiga scene! Now western fandom, takes time to create a pairing name for it. :p

DX 2401PT

Monitor
It seems to be the general rule of everything related to Pokemon: if there's a meteor, there's a Deoxys inside. And given the nature of a meteorite, it makes me feel that they're basically Deoxys shock trooper pods. In the games, Deoxys reacts and changes forme to every meteor crash site or meteorite in the museums. I believe a Mystery Dungeon game featured a gigantic meteorite getting destroyed by Rayquaza (... Delta Episode?) that happened to have a Deoxys inside. Movie 7 had a meteorite containing two Deoxys cores. Various episodes showed meteors that resulted in Deoxys. ORAS Delta Episode featured Deoxys coming out of a destroyed meteor, creating a puzzle-less Birth Island event on top of the Sky Pillar if you chose to avoid capturing it.

Which makes me wonder if the giant meteor Arceus destroyed in Movie 12 was just a Deoxys capital ship or something. Carrier has arrived and got destroyed.

First Latias, then Lisia (if that is what happened on air, then off-camera, who knows what's happening), and now Zinnia. I think Gold might get a little envious. "How come that doesn't happen to me?!"

lolipiece

Staff member
Could this be where Sird "trashed" the other Deoxys? They launched it into space?

I'm still trying to figure out which Deoxys was which in the Ranger adaptation, don't let there be a third one.

shawn_o1

Shishiko-zodiac meteor shower ticket? The same one from the game that is obtained at the beginning of Episode Delta, right?

Also, unexpected RubiHiga scene! Now western fandom, takes time to create a pairing name for it. :p

MeteorShipping (or is that name already taken?)

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Could this be where Sird "trashed" the other Deoxys? They launched it into space?

I'm still trying to figure out which Deoxys was which in the Ranger adaptation, don't let there be a third one.

I agree. I was always under the impression that the Ranger Deoxys was Entity One which was trashed (thus requiring the instruments to help it change its formes).

Of course, there is still a bit of problem when we try to factor in the Ranger events into the time line, mainly Darkrai, unless we discard the 2nd installment of that series. The 1st Ranger series must occur before Platinum due to the Manaphy Egg, and probably after FRLG if the Deoxys is one of the Entities. I forgot exactly if the Darkrai Ranger plot has a clear chronological gap from the 1st Ranger series, but to make it canon, and assuming that there is only one Darkrai, it has to happen after Platinum since Sird presumably owned Dakrai from FRLG until she released it into the Distortion World, and it doesn't get out until Platinum is over. Then again, it would make Darkrai a bit silly to go to Almia, and then return to Sinnoh at the end of the 2nd Ranger manga (at the end of Platinum Darkrai was said to be looking a place where it could stay).

Coronis~

lolipiece

Staff member
I agree. I was always under the impression that the Ranger Deoxys was Entity One which was trashed (thus requiring the instruments to help it change its formes).

Of course, there is still a bit of problem when we try to factor in the Ranger events into the time line, mainly Darkrai, unless we discard the 2nd installment of that series. The 1st Ranger series must occur before Platinum due to the Manaphy Egg, and probably after FRLG if the Deoxys is one of the Entities. I forgot exactly if the Darkrai Ranger plot has a clear chronological gap from the 1st Ranger series, but to make it canon, and assuming that there is only one Darkrai, it has to happen after Platinum since Sird presumably owned Dakrai from FRLG until she released it into the Distortion World, and it doesn't get out until Platinum is over. Then again, it would make Darkrai a bit silly to go to Almia, and then return to Sinnoh at the end of the 2nd Ranger manga (at the end of Platinum Darkrai was said to be looking a place where it could stay).

Coronis~

Kellyn mentions a "Fiore incident" that happened "two years ago."

[img139]https://41.media.tumblr.com/fccc95efc9f290516e9f05fd670892d1/tumblr_nj5ljckmIH1r1alb2o1_1280.jpg[/img139]

I don't know if that confirms anything, but given Kusaka's style, it probably refers to W Mission Story.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Kellyn mentions a "Fiore incident" that happened "two years ago."

[img139]https://41.media.tumblr.com/fccc95efc9f290516e9f05fd670892d1/tumblr_nj5ljckmIH1r1alb2o1_1280.jpg[/img139]

I don't know if that confirms anything, but given Kusaka's style, it probably refers to W Mission Story.

It is probably the W Mission story, though that puts the Darkrai plot some time around or before the HGSS chapter if W happens soon after FRLG and the Darkrai continuity problem exists then.
To be honest however, I don't think the writers think ahead so much back then, especially about HGSS being a prequel of DP. Let's see if things (if any at all) will get cleared up in ORAS.

Personally, I hope we won't get another Rayquaza vs Deoxys plot again because as DX 2401PT pointed out, it's been done countless times, minus the Mega part. If we imagine Hoopa being related to the meteor, could it either be the culprit who uses its rings to send it off course to Earth, or will its rings be what sent the meteor away finally?

Coronis~

Last edited:

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
So we have to say goodbye to 4-5 extra rounds of XY per year.
So we have 12 XY rounds, 12 ORAS rounds plus N B2W2 rounds per year.
I hope they don't announce Z-like version this year, cause otherwise the release schedule will be hell.

Also, didn't they use to release 3 rounds monthly in the RS-FRLG- era?

Red and Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.