• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn_o1

So we have to say goodbye to 4-5 extra rounds of XY per year.
So we have 12 XY rounds, 12 ORAS rounds plus N B2W2 rounds per year.
I hope they don't announce Z-like version this year, cause otherwise the release schedule will be hell.

Also, didn't they use to release 3 rounds monthly in the RS-FRLG- era?

If the writers are kind they can fit 2 rounds in one monthly issue.

shawn_o1

(Slightly off-topic, but) If and when Viz translates the XY chapter involving Alexa and her boss's Pangoro and Spewpa, I expect the word "whistleblowing" to be there somewhere. (Cause that's essentially what the boss accuses Alexa of doing)

nuzamaki90

I thought the two Deoxys reunited? Or was that just the movie?

Ruby again proves to be the best dex holder with his OHKO Hail, Pokemon Chants, Hardcore Parkour, B8ing, and MacDaddy skills. I can already see Zinnia going gaga for Ruby throughout these chapters.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I thought the two Deoxys reunited? Or was that just the movie?

Ruby again proves to be the best dex holder with his OHKO Hail, Pokemon Chants, Hardcore Parkour, B8ing, and MacDaddy skills. I can already see Zinnia going gaga for Ruby throughout these chapters.

I think it's just the movie. I don't recall them reuniting in Special but I might be wrong.

Pokemonspecialgerman

But Entity 2 wanted to find Entity 1. So it should appear as well if Entity 1 is the one in the asteroid.
I really want them to reunite after so long =(

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Compared to the other Dex Holders, Gold really isn't all that smart. He's not stupid, but not as smart as the others. "All the Dex Holders are smart. Some are just smarter than the others." Population of "others": 2; Red and Gold.

ExtremeHoenn

Perhaps the two Deoxys are reunited in the ORAS chapter by Ruby, Sapphire, Wally, Zinnia, Emerald and Rayquaza. It could entail a slightly twisted version of the Delta episode. Also, I heard that mega evolution will be used in the arc. I haven't read the FRLG chapter but I gathered that the Deoxys red fought went off to look for the other. If there was a thwarted Delta episode, it would provide a satisfying conclusion to the Deoxys mess and something for all those frantic shippers at the space station. I think that this would work well. Who's with me?

Possibly a permanent scar? A massive dragon attacked a 6 and 5 year old. Anything could have happened. In real life ruby would have been brutally murdered in a dark way. In my opinion, he got off lightly with that scar. Not as bad as getting attacked by a Dunsparce that's taller than me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Compared to the other Dex Holders, Gold really isn't all that smart. He's not stupid, but not as smart as the others. "All the Dex Holders are smart. Some are just smarter than the others." Population of "others": 2; Red and Gold.
Gold's not book smart but he's very street smart and once again his slickness and ingenuity with the pool cue and planning has been great.

Honestly, I loved this chapters since it setup some nice plot bombs for the future but what mainly I'm wondering about is Sirknight and Erlade, so Erlade is Sapphire's and Sirknight is Ruby's. But they're focusing on Mega Evolving the main Hoenn trio starters, so I'm thinking Sirknight and Erlade will play a last minute save here with the Hoenn starters doing the heavy lifting. For example I feel like they might actually hook up in the end after helping save the day at the last minute, basically a little MedievalStoryShipping to accompany Franticshipping. Though tbh, I'm not sure if I want a confession. I like how they've handled Sapphire and Ruby's crush so far, just not in your face 24/7 and nicely developed and they care about other things mainly like their Pokemon, strength and actions so to speak.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Oh my god, Ruby's the man! I wouldn't say he is having awkward moments with the opposite gender; he's just growing up in a way. xD But Zinnia! <3 I'm surprised (well, maybe not really?) that Ruby isn't mentally scarred at the sight of a Salamence. He's just gotten so badass, but I still love the part where he doesn't want his Pokemon getting dirty. So Ruby. <3 And small Frantic moment is always welcome (Sapphire's gotten so cute...).

Thanks for the little summary, Coronis! :D I'm so glad that, even though I can't read Japanese, the chapters themselves are officially accessible so I can still enjoy the images. ;v;

e9310103838

Also, didn't they use to release 3 rounds monthly in the RS-FRLG- era?

This's they're doing that serial B2W2, XY, and ORAS at the same time.

And in this year, we will get 35 rounds in XY, and next year get 47.

Lacking a magazine to serialize will be a great influence, but I still hope XY will get at least 60 round as the previous long chapters. :499:

shawn_o1

Currently the quintet aren't far from Team Flare's base in Geosenge, so XY's plot could conclude with the battle between Team Flare and the successors by the end of 2015. Coumarine and all of Mountain Kalos could be visited in Z or whatever the third version would be

e9310103838

Currently the quintet aren't far from Team Flare's base in Geosenge, so XY's plot could conclude with the battle between Team Flare and the successors by the end of 2015. Coumarine and all of Mountain Kalos could be visited in Z or whatever the third version would be

Don't forget Marisso and Salamè have not evolved, and X and Y's team have not been completed.

Four gym leaders and AZ also have not appeared yet. ;418;

Last edited:

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
At this rate, volume-exclusive material is inevitable. Same for ORAS, which can conclude next year assuming it will have 20-25 rounds.

And i meant that they had 3 different magazines to release rounds back then, which means 3 monthly rounds.

Izanagi

'Sup!
I thought these days volume-exclusive is was something that happened maybe that's just me? They hardly ever finished the arcs in the magazine anymore and are almost always completed in the tankouban releases. Especially given Pokespe's rather eclectic release schedule and the fact that they also have to promote whatever main-series Pokemon game is out at the given time.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
We're down to one magazine for XY, right? I'm pretty sad about that. I wanted to follow it more. I guess I'll have to wait for volumes.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Fan did have a very random schedule anyway, but it is disappointing it's gone. I understand with so much going on right now Kusaka and Yamamoto could use a lighter load, but at the same time the reason things start getting rushed near the end of arcs is because of only so many chapters being released a month.

Is it that huge workload? Are they writing chapters in advance or just the month of the release? I don't want to underestimate the work of a mangaka since I heard it can be hell, but that's usually weekly mangaka.
Kusaka doesn't only release one chapter a month though, so his schedule would be closer to that of a weekly mangaka. (2-3 chapters a month, plus volume content like with B2W2 at the moment)

shawn_o1

Just had a thought. The Sky Trainers that challenged Y were among the Vaniville residents captured and imprisoned by Team Flare, right? I'm hoping the Ichiban plot builds on that, with Y (possibly) knowing more about what happened to her mother

Coronis

In lucid awakening
I've moved the "PokeFan stopped serializing PKSP" posts to this thread since it feels a bit weird to have both March and April plots on going at the same time.

Just thought I'd provide a bit more data for what has happened before when good old Grades 3, 4, 5, 6 are all still alive and well. Back then, the stories still had a ritual of 'graduating' into the next magazine, since the issues follow the school years with April being the 1st school month and thus issue, and therefore making the March issue of each year the 'last' issue in some sense. For instance, a plot that has been ongoing in Grade 4 will 'graduate' and continue in Grade 5 when the April issue hits, the same goes for Grade 3 to 4 and 5 to 6. Grade 6 usually carries closed then plots in the March issue. In order to start a 'new' plot in the Grade 4 April issue, the writers tend to begin the new plot in the March issue of Grade 3 each year, thus creating a similar 'graduation' transition in the following Grade 4 April issue. So for ever March issue, there can be up to 4 new chapters that month (a new Grade 3 plot, existing Grade 4 plot, existing Grade 5 plot, and an ending Grade 6 plot). This phenomenon has happened since the RGB days, and the writers have always been dealing with 1 single arc.

Sometime in the middle of RS, a parallel arc FRLG was started, but the 'graduation' and 4-March-chapters thing still went on. In fact, FRLG started in Grade 2, which graduated into Grade 3, and there were quite a few months that PKSP had 3 new RS + 1 new FRLG chapters running. Soon, Emerald came along, and this glorious 4-new-chapter thing only carried on for 2 more months, and then we had our familiar 1 arc per magazine run. When RS ended, DP took its place, and this 3-arc run went on for about 2 years, and then all 3 magazines were taken over by DP. Another year passed, and Platinum came along to replace 1 of the 3 magazines, leaving 2 new DP chapters per month. And then, another year later, Grades 5 and 6 were cancelled, which left us with Grade 4 alone.

At that juncture, Fan started to carry PKSP (its earlier issues didn't. Pokemon Wonderland did), and Ichiban also surfaced to start carrying the HGSS series. Grade 4 carried a few HGSS chapters and then all 3 magazines switched to BW, which created the mess with both Platinum and HGSS being heavily volume-only. BW still had a good run for about a year, with occasionally 3 new chapters per month when Fan was on, but alas Grade 4 was cancelled as well, and we went into our Ichiban/Fan situation, essentially leaving us with one single regular magazine and an irregularly scheduled one. And then we had our recent change.

So, it seems that pumping out more than 2 new chapters per month is not something new, but rather a tradition. Yet, we should note that the recent arcs have had longer chapters, and the writers couldn't 'cheat' us on new materials. By that, I refer to the occasional occurrence that the same month's Grade 4, 5, 6 may have some identical pages as they simply speak from different character's perspective. A good example is the 1st chapter of B2W2 Fan and Ichiban, where some pages actually duplicate during serialization and they are only combined in volume form.

The way I see it, I hope this means the writers can really regularly work on B2W2 as they claim. ORAS seems relative short per chapter if we compare it to the other recent arcs, but it's good that they started something than nothing. Here's hoping big time again that no new main games will be released in 2015. I do want the current 3 series to play out nicely.

Coronis~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.