• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

April Plot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
'Ello, 'ello! It's time for Pokespe SWSH for February.

Euo1q8lVIAg1bh9.jpg

Euo1t-XVcAcheJn.jpg

Euo1wQ8UUAYPgTd.jpg

Euo1y4KVkAgj0_A.jpg

Namida-kun has finally evolved! It was starting to question if it ever would.

Another Gym battle down. We're officially past the halfway point.

And something's happening at the Energy Plant?

Also, here's the cover to volume 58.

EuoT7JrXIAAyWlD.jpg

Last edited:

diakyu

They having an arm-wrestling match or something

Impeccable timing I was just thinking today if we had a new cover yet earlier today

G-SANtos

Are we seriously not going to have a single Gym Battle focus on Shieldmillia!? The quiz thing was the perfect setup, to show how she always researches stuff, but no, instead let's keep focusing on the one character who is not really interested in the Pokémon League at all, and is only around to help search for Shieldmillia's Pokémon.
Seriously, the exclusive focus on Soudo for Gym battles is the most disappointing thing on the SwSh arc. I hope we at least she her Champion Cup battles.

While I expected Hop to be in this chapter, because he shows up in Ballonlea in the games, I'm surprised Beet shows up. When the preview images were released, I assumed the letter might have been a second endorsement, and thought "Wait, is Kusaka going to change it from the games? Is Beet going to continue in the Challenge a little more?", but the dialogue shows Beet just formally left the Gym Challenge. It might be an invite to become a Gym Trainer or something, and eventually become a Gym Leader.
The fact this letter even exists indicates the "Pink!" scene already happened offscreen. Maybe when Poplar (Opal) was still in Hammerlocke a few chapters ago. I guess we already a possible new scene/chapter for when the full volumes come out in a few years.

And Beet is witnessing the Hammerlocke tremor. I guess he'll become more involved in the plot, figure out stuff, and actively fight Rose and Macro Cosmos.

Now that Namida-kun evolved, I wonder if Manabu is going to see some action.
As I brought up in the previous thread (but I don't if anyone noticed because I posted today), there's a theory on 5ch that each of the 3 kids is being paired with one of the Rivals: Soudo has become a Rival to Beet, Shieldmillia is becoming friends with Hop, and thus there should be something going on with Manabu and Mary.
Drizzile's design looks kinda punk, and I think it evolving right now could be on purpose. Mary shows up in Ballonlea in the games, and if we go by them, she should show up here too. Hop did, like in the games.
And if she shows up, it's just obvious she's going to interact with one of the characters. Maybe that's when she starts interacting with Manabu. Perhaps, Morpeko will start to like Manabu the same way it starts like the protagonist in the games.

I have no idea what Manabu and Mary would do together though. Maybe Mary would help him catch a Pokémon? I don't know.
I wonder if we'll see Mary with an Impidimp now, since it evolves into her Gmax ace, and it has a Wanderer encounter in Glimwood Tangle.

Moni_22

Wait! Don't tell me we're not gonna have the PINK scene in the manga? At the end there it seems Bede receives a letter from Opal, maybe they're gonna do it a little different.

e9310103838

Now we confirm that the Pokemon Fan plot will not be the first round in volume 58. "Gardevoir, Communicate" (サーナイト、通じる) will be the second round in this volume. (Round 568) ;)

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
There's been a bit of speculation that Legends' release means Gen IX won't happen until 2023. While I sincerely doubt that (it's coming early, not in the fall like usual), I do wonder if this might be a blessing for Spe. Kusaka would have an extra year, meaning better pacing and the volumes will be so much closer to the current arc. Of course, now that I said this, it won't happen.

e9310103838

There's been a bit of speculation that Legends' release means Gen IX won't happen until 2023. While I sincerely doubt that (it's coming early, not in the fall like usual), I do wonder if this might be a blessing for Spe. Kusaka would have an extra year, meaning better pacing and the volumes will be so much closer to the current arc. Of course, now that I said this, it won't happen.

I'm not sure. On the one hand, I guess the official will want to release the tenth generation on the 30th anniversary (2026), on the other hand, Legends Arceus will be released at the beginning of the year, which means we may still get another new game at the end of the year.

ShadowForce720

I'm not sure. On the one hand, I guess the official will want to release the tenth generation on the 30th anniversary (2026), on the other hand, Legends Arceus will be released at the beginning of the year, which means we may still get another new game at the end of the year.
In all honesty I doubt they would release gen 9 in late 2022. This is because if you already look we not only have the D&P remakes coming out in late 2021, but then we also have Pokémon Legends Arceus coming out in early 2022 which is around the time gen 9 would supposedly be announce.

Considering how they are hyping up Pokémon Legends Arceus it would be unlikely that they would want to risk overshadowing it by announcing gen 9 so close to it’s released date.

Last edited:

Lucky3

Yeah, I know Pokemon's release is very fast, but 3 games in the span of one year is kind of insane.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I love how Namida-kun is nearly just as big as Marvin after Evolving. Not because Namida is particularly big but Marvin is really that short lol
Namida's gonna tower over that poor boy once he reaches his final stage

Status
Not open for further replies.