1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Aqua and Magma

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Assassin9399, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Assassin9399

Assassin9399 Wanna hug?

So Aqua and Magma were the new teams and they had new ideas. Instead of Team Rocket they were idealists. Getting more land and sea seems wrong and all, but when you think of this... We take everything land and sea grants us and we pollute and destroy it in return. Is it really that bad to want to do something good for the sea and the land?

Most common argument is that if you raise the sea level, there will be a lot of people and pokemon that die. But how many animals (and pokemon) did we kill for our benefits? We fish to eat them. We hunt to get their skin. And there are some people who are against these. Aqua and Magma went just one step further in my opinion, they wanted to give the land/sea something back for all they gave us.

So what are your views on Team Aqua and Team Magma?

2. DarkCharizard2

DarkCharizard2 Vae Victis

No. it is not. As I play through my Ruby, I really hate trashing Team Magma guys because I think what they are trying to do is a good thing. The wild animals (or Pokemon) deserve a better place to live than near or in our filthy cities.

^True stuff there. I actually support the teams. They are really trying to do good, whether people realize it or not.

3. Jinvaani

Jinvaani Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind swimming to school. :D

4. Schade

Schade The real Slim Schady

They needed more admins in my opinion.
    But what they did... I don't really understand it all.

5. CMD Calcio

CMD Calcio L'Amore per Sempre

I liked the twist that they gave the series. Instead of just stealing Pokemon to take over the world they actually had other objectives! I wouldn't support either cause but the teams definitely made things interesting.

6. ☭Secret_Shocker☭

☭Secret_Shocker☭ Well-Known Member

Having two evil teams in a game is fantastic, and they aren't like other teams whose main focus is pokemon.

7. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

It was a good idea to have two opposing teams duke it out, and nearly destroying the world in the process. They had reasons for their idealistic thoughts, but they made no sense, for one thing, and what they would have done would have been destructive no matter who won. They eventually saw what they nearly done and disbanded, but it's not clear whether they really did or not. For all we know, there's still nutjobs out there in the Pokémon world who want to continue their work, it's not outright stated.

They're not my favorite teams in the games (Team Rocket still holds that privilege), but they were rather threatening, so that does make them good villains in that department.

8. blackmeadow

blackmeadow Coolio Julio

They're pretty cool, R/S were the first (and only I think) to introduce two different teams fighting against each other. Especially in Emerald where you get to battle them both. Their goals were unique too; I like how they thought they were doing good.

9. frenky

frenky Champion

team magma was strong but archie dissolved team , for me is best team rocket .

10. Mudkipzroks

Mudkipzroks I like being nice!

Team magma was awesome and Team Aqua was worse then Team Magma but i do like how there are 2 evil groups instead of one

11. Shiny Venusaur

Shiny Venusaur The Prodigal Son

I really enjoyed the idea of Team Aqua and Team Magma. Eco terrorist was a great concept. I do have a few gripes with them however.

1)Their plots were not really all that thought out. Maxie and Archie were so focused on what they thought was the right thing that they never though about the consequences of what they were actually doing and how much it would distort the ecosystem, which they were trying to 'fix' and manipulate.
    2)The lack of Admins, and important battles between them. This is pretty obvious so I'm not going to really elaborate.
    3)The lack of pokemon on their teams. It seemed as if both teams just had generic stuff and then a fire or water pokemon scattered about seldemly. I just think the teams should have incorporated the fire/ground and water theme more.

12. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

I don't find both team really smart. More like nuts if not dumb.
    Theyre the weakest villains so far. Even one Ghetsis can mess them up I believe.

13. Swagsire

Swagsire Well-Known Member

Reading your comment two, youre a gen 4 guy arent you? We only had "important admin battles in four. But I agree with eco terrorism point and stale teams Qwaa ;195;

14. Shiny Venusaur

I'm actually a Team Rocket guy. That said, I did enjoy Cyrus, as he was probably the most thought out villain.

15. Swagsire

Swagsire Well-Known Member

4th gen rocket? cause 1st gens "Meaningful Admin battles" consisted of Giovanni, Followed by Giovanni, and if you had yellow, Jesse and James Qwaa ;195;

16. Shiny Venusaur

Overall Team Rocket is my favorite team but this is also influenced by the manga and what not. I never said Rocket was perfect, in fact it has a lot to be desired. You're the one who keeps bring up 4th gen.

17. Estellise

Estellise freeze!

I like Team Magma more than Team Aqua. I like their outfits....

18. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

I first played Ruby...and I always have water starter so Magma is like easy for me...Aqua too coz I have electric types as well...so Team Rocket for me, nya~

19. SmeargleRocks

SmeargleRocks Reputable Trader

I personally liked the team magma grunts always after groudon, he kicks butt in this gen

20. 36squid

36squid ISingTheBodyElectric

I think that while they may be a cool team, their goals were unrrealistic and made them look like luantics

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.