• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aqua and Magma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Yeah, the idea was sorta unrealistic... Super-crazy people with ideals that were over exaggerated to the point it was stupid... But personally, I supported Magma. They had a cooler outfit, a creative base in Emerald and wouldn't kill people by flooding them, like Aqua would.

Shadow_07

Huzzah.
I love both, honestly. ;-; I'd love for them to get along and form one awesome and evil team, though. >:3

Yambino

Mothim is Love&Life
They had interesting Ideas, and I guess it was a way for ruby and sapphire to be more diverse. But I feel like they needed.....polishing. For one thing, the only pokemon that differentiated the two was NumelCamerupt and Carvahna/Sharpedo. Both had the weak poochyena and zubat evolutions. Also, why did team aqua steal the meteorite in Sapphire and bring it to mount chimney? Were they simply trying to prevent team magma from causing the volcano to erupt to expand land? But then.....why did they bring to the volcano in the first place? Did team magma take it from them at one point, bring it to mount chimney, and Team Aqua interfered before team Magma could complete the task? I guess when emerald was made, gamefreak fixed this...

@Shymain
Team Magma didnt want to kill people with floods....they just wanted to kill people with lava from mount chimney

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Overall, I preferred Team Aqua over Team Magma, as Sapphire is my Favourite Game of ALL TIME and I like Kyogre more than Groudon. I do like Magma's outfits more though.

nickabc725

Hoenn Hornist
Team aqua only because they look like pirates. Plus Archie's beard is so well groomed :D

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
I think that Team Aqua and Magma are interesting to say the least, I like how they are have an idea in mind with a goal instead of just wanting to steal pokemon, I have only played Sapphire so I don't know much about team Magma, but I like Aqua - they are pirate like and I like that.

Having said this, I still prefer Team Rocket to Aqua and Magma, mainly due to nostalgic feelings but in general Team Rocket seem more like an evil corporation that A/M.

Shadow Caster

Plasma Executive
Controversial topic.

I think, if you want to save the Land/Sea, you should do it with small steps.

I prefer Magma, actually, because apparently some sea pokemon, like Goldeen, can possible survive on land.

Doesn't mean I like their ideas (I think neither are doing good), if Magma won, water could still be around, right?

Exactly.

What people don't seem to understand, and can't get through their thick skulls is that Team Magma/Aqua weren't TRYING to cause some kind of crazy apocalypse. Team Magma wanted to use Groudon's power to expand the land, and Team Aqua wanted to use Kyogre to expand the water. What people conclude is that Team Magma/Aqua were trying to get rid of ALL water/land. This wasn't the case, as both Archie and Maxie seemed truly scared when they saw Kyogre's/Groudon's true power, which could have potentially destroyed Hoenn.

SpoinkyPearl

Team Magma and Aqua are... rather interesting. I mean, where in the world they even came with the idea? And I think it's rather hilarious at the end of the Emerald when Archie and Maxie have awoken the legendary beasts and got them into a fight with each other and then they're like: "Whaat? Oh, this isn't really a good idea after all... hero of the game, HELP US!" Really... shees! What they were THINKING anyway? I quess nothing...

But anyway, I like both teams. I think it's best when both of them are your enemy like they are in Emerald. I haven't played Ruby but I have Sapphire and there's Magma helping me and Aqua as villain. I like Archie better than Maxie but I wouldn't say that I like Team Aqua more than Magma. They aren't the smartest villain team of the game series (if any of them is) but they're rather... well, interesting and at least they posed a real threat to all people and Pokémon with their apocalyptic plans.

Swampert is my Homeboy

Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma
So...Team Aqua...

I've always preferred Team Magma, probably because I played Ruby first. Their outfits also look much tougher in my opinion.

But I love both of the teams and think that their plans were the most.. erm... creative out of all the evil teams.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Team Magma. They're objective made a bit more sense and their uniforms were cooler as well.

Last edited:

Craig T

Banned
I think both teams were obviously stupid and careless in their quest to capture the legendaries, but I like the twist how one of the teams are good depending on which game you got (unless you got Emerald). I liked the new concept of using the Earth's elements as a theme for the evil teams; overall the third generation was awesome considering when it came out and for what console it was designed for.

Magma is awesome but their music sucks
Archie looks like a really cheap rapper so he sucks I wish he talked like one.

I like them both. I guess I've grown more fond of Team Aqua, because Sapphire was my first Gen 3 game. The theme for the grunt battle is really cool.~ And also, Kyogre is one of the best legendaries that there is!

Sethern

[Insert Cool Title]
In my opinion, these two were the best "evil" team. I hated having to fight them because I thought their ambitions were good, not always the ways they get there, but wanting a better place. They each had a different idea of what a better place would be, but in ways they were both the same.

If there was an option to join any team in any of the games, it'd be one of these two.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
Both of them were cray-cray. Like every evil team, I suppose.

But anyway, I've always preferred Team Magma. They don't actually use Fire-types so much as they do Ground-types (not that there are many Fire-types in Hoenn to choose from anyway, so they couldn't) but I like what they do use and I like their outfits. The weird horned hoodies are just pretty neat.

Team Aqua does use Carvanha, though, and that earns some points from me. And they both use Poochyena/Mightyena, which aren't something I see much of nowadays, now that I think of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.