• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aqua Tail

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom
Well it's been a while since I made one of these but I'll only keep it short. This is one of my first attempts at a mixed media sort of thing. I drew something, water painted it, and added colored pencil. I remember one of my art teachers had recomended it to me and I never though of trying it before. So I did it and it turned out all right in my oppinion. Sadly it was on the day that Michael Jackson died, when I just found out, so in the end I sorta dedicated this to him... even though it has nothing to do with anything. o.o

[SPOILER="cickie" ]
IMG_0811.jpg
[/SPOILER]

had to take a photo because my scanner is broken. I don't think this would have fitted on the scanner anyways... o.0 Here it is on dA as well.
http://phoelion.deviantart.com/art/Aqua-Tail-127419652

I hope you enjoy, this was my first time trying this thing so don't be too harsh please! ^^'

abraxas

Words.
Before I even began to read, looking at the picture, water color came to mind. I never was all that good with that, but you seem to have it down.
All in all, it’s great. The water color gives it a nice effect that can’t really be gained from simple drawing. It gives it a bit more definition, with less, really.
The drawing itself is nice and sharp, and I like the detail you put into it, actually making the water translucent, and distorting the sharpness of the lines of Buizel in those areas.
As well, the shadows and highlights are done in a great manner, flowing nicely together, rather than forced.
And the joyous emotion of Buizel is really felt.
Great, great work.

lokitheodd

Holy Balogney
Wow! That looks great! I love the color choices, like the warm colors against the blues! The shading is also quite smooth.
If I were to make any suggestions, I'd add some extra highlights to his inflateable to give it a more plasticy texture and add some more shadows onto the blody, like you have with the tail and the arm in the background.
Also you might want to crop it a bit more? It's a good photograph, but there's a bit too much nonbackground in there.

But otherwise I think it's excellent and the media choice really lended itself to the effect.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
That's quite a nice picture, and the pose you gave Buizel was original. The contrast of the cool blue against the warm pinks and yellows is quite beautiful and all in all, the total picture is very well-made, but I'm not an artist :D

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
wow buizel is awesome!

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom
Thanks for the support guys! See, things like water and stuff can be made without using Photoshop or any other computer-drawing program. And lokitheodd thanks for the tips. I'll try it next time (I plan to do more, preferably with Buizel of Floatzel atm so I'll remember the shiny plastic-y collars) Oh yes, Buizel is awesome. xD

again, thanks guys! =D
Glad you liked'.