• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~Aqua's Sprite Thread~*~

Testing, that's all

• test 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • test 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I've come to make one more sprite thread.
My last one didn't exactly go well, i got unorganized on the front page and some sprites ended up getting lost and never to be found...
But this one is my newly improved sprite thread. All of my OLD sprites won't be in here, just my newest ones and maybe a select few of my old sprites.
Please comment and criticize my sprites, for I think they are in great need of it. I want to get better and the only way to get better is to know what I did wrong.​
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF TRANSFERING MY SPRITES TO THIS THREAD SO BARE WITH ME PLEASE
NEWEST SPRITE(s):

Charl
Fire Type Gym Leader
Lives in Sparklite Town

SCRATCH SPRITES:
Corsqueen
corsqueen.gif

The Coral Pokemon
Water/Rock
Corsqueen are often seen wandering the ocean floors aimlessly, enjoying the feel of the current.

feraligatrprehistoric.gif

It's an ancient Feraligatr.

buizel.gif
cresselia.gif
froslass.gif
quilava.gif

(scratches of official Pokemon)

NON~POKEMON SCRATCHES:
Ice Dragon
icy.gif

The Ice Dragon
Ice/Dragon
Ice Dragons are rare sights.
They tend to dwell in the deepest of caves in the coldest parts of the world, which makes them difficult to find.
But when one does find and Ice Dragon, they freeze upon sight.
A Baby Ice Dragon
icybaby.gif

Water Dragon
lochness.gif

The Water Dragon
Water/Dragon
Water Dragons are deeply mistaken as the LochNess Monster.
They resemble eachother in the size and figure, but the patterns and colors are different. Along with the Water Dragon having a shell on its tail and the LochNess Monster not.
A Baby Water Dragon
lochnessbaby.gif

FUSIONS:
dragon2s.gif

Here's my dragon WSC fusion sprite (that's a mouthfull.)...
Altaria, Giratina, Dragonair, and Arceus. A 4-way fusion.

FAN~GAME SCRATCHES:
Chingabell
chingabell.gif

The Chime Pokemon
Psychic/Steel
Chingabell can be spotted near Graveyards trying to cheer the aura and wake the dead.
mars.gif
mercury.gif
neptuneh.gif
pluto.gif

saturn.gif
uranus.gif
venus.gif

blue.gif
jump.gif

(? ? ?)
airsprite.gif

Air Element Pokemon
Flying
These puffy pokemon are seen wandering the air aimlessly, going wherever the wind takes them.
(visit Pokemon Cobalt for more info)

REVAMPS:
zubat.gif

PIXELART:
cherubiwip.png

castformwip.png

TRAINER SPRITES:
40308533.gif

(me)

MUG SHOTS:
jacobmug.gif

I LOVE doing these! It's Jacob, my character. His favorite pokemon is Mudkip.

Last edited:

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
You have more fan game scratches than that, Aqua *nudge nudge*

I like the face of the trainer sprite, it flows well.

Jojo-

I ♥ Psychic Types
Corsqueen! =D

I love people making things to do with Corsola. So beautiful..!

Your sprites are very good, and I think the trainer's face looks fine.. Then again, I am strange.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Thanks for liking my face.
I do think I have a good complextion. xD

And starr, the red words state that I am in the process of transferring my sprites.

Growlachu

Wow. I am loving Corsaqueen. The scratches are fantastic. That trainer sprite is one of the best I have ever seen. Can you teach me?

gtab x3

I love your sprites, they are very well done, and is scratched, brilliantly. I love your dragons, and Your trainer sprite.

Alder

Come at me bro
Corsqueen! =D

I love people making things to do with Corsola. So beautiful..!

Your sprites are very good, and I think the trainer's face looks fine.. Then again, I am strange.

Ehehe...you can thank me for that. In my new contest I rrandomly picked a Pokemon that was begging for an evolution and it was Corsola, then remembered that teh Chao contest was also Corsola, but by the time I tried to change it people had already posted their entries...which are all pretty good, mostly.

Love your entry Aquakip, you can bet on a decent score to say teh least

Last edited:

Rapid Distortion!

Amateur Philosopher
You good mang. Keep it up, I really like the trainer sprite. ON a side note, god DAMN is it annoying how Alder^ loves saying "teh" instead of the. Anyway, very good and keep it up again. I don't see how your dragons can't be counted as Poke scratches, but whatevs. Doesn't make them any less good.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Well after seeing Dragon Cave (an awesome website) I was thinking that I could do some dragons too. I've drawn all of my dragons, but i just have to sprite them. you're right, they CAN be pokemon, and the ice one probably will be, but they aren't.
Thanks everyone, but is it possible I can get some crits? I really don't like those one-liners:
AWESOME WORK! Keep it up!
Brilliant, are you sure you don't work for Nintendo?
I love your work, they are made very well.

Although these are nice to see, I would like to get better and I know that there is ALWAYS room for improvment. So from now on can I please get soem decenet crits?

~aqua​

gtab x3

^^ okay then, maybe try to add proper shading to the trainer, because the light shade is on the wrong part, if you know what i mean.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Hmm, the updated thread - nice. The pixel art is very dotty as well. I suppose its ur style, it just looks gritty to me

Yami Ryu

I am going to give you crit for the Corsqueen. Which is rare. I usually do not like giving crit to sprites for contests- but it needs it.

Look at Corsqueen- you have the light sourse above/infront for the head, then more infront/above for the neck trimming, and then for the body it's infront.

There's also the back, the 'back' of the crown has no illumination at all, given one light source is Above/infront.

MLSS is never a wanted thing.

Now yes I know you wanted to show it's face is round, and that it has a crown, but one side of the face should be shadowed, not one side and the beginings of one, given the fact there would be a couple of light sources hitting it. The highlight also hints that the one side shouldn't have the shadoe at all.

The crown, does need work. Seriously so. I suggest looking at pictures of coral for inspiration, making it look more like coral, for the crown and the 'neck reef', would do this sprite a world of good, because unfortunately, it looks a bit to much like a Togepi on a growlithe's body.

The body's shading also, doesn't match up. What should be shadowed, isn't. What should be shaded darker.. is not.

Look at how you shaded the coral ring around the neck- it gives the impression it's sticking out and down at an angle right? And while there are a couple of holes, it's mostly solid, and it's a thick ring, yet right underneath it you have shading on the body.

Big no no.

The Ice Dragon's shading needs work too, as you have MLSS; one light source behind/above the sprite, one above the head/arms. Then the shading is a tad to waaaaveeeeey cliche- I've done it before, so I somewhat know what I'm seeing.

Work on smoothing out the shading, making it seem more natural, giving a sprite depth does take skill- compare the shading of dragonite, tyranitar, charizard or maybe some dragon sprites from other games, to yours, for an idea on how to work on the body and leg shading better. Try to work on defining muscles and ilk like that more.

Overall it is mostly goodwork- and can get better.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Thank you so much Yami. That's a lot of stuff that's wrong with Corsola. I'll work on it. Also, I know that there's always room for improvement, that's why i want crits.
And Nick Alert, please direct yourself to post #9.(BOLDED WORDS)
Well after seeing Dragon Cave (an awesome website) I was thinking that I could do some dragons too. I've drawn all of my dragons, but i just have to sprite them. you're right, they CAN be pokemon, and the ice one probably will be, but they aren't.
Thanks everyone, but is it possible I can get some crits? I really don't like those one-liners:
AWESOME WORK! Keep it up!
Brilliant, are you sure you don't work for Nintendo?
I love your work, they are made very well.

Although these are nice to see, I would like to get better and I know that there is ALWAYS room for improvment. So from now on can I please get soem decenet crits?

~aqua​
I specifically state that I really want crits and not oneliners. They are heartwarming, but won't help me get any better.
Insidious Dreamer, thank you for the comment, that is a style I was working on and that's probably just for that Pixel Art and the design for that dragon. I'm working on another Pixel Art with a whole different style that I hope you like better.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
That's gonna be the last warning for them. That's all.
I said it in my last thread and twice here. So please, if you want to comment, please make it worth the read. If you just want to comment a oneliner, then send me a VM or a PM.

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
WOW AquA uR sPritS R aMazinGGgg!!!11//

Now down to business: The mouth on the Zubat revamp seems to be a bit lop-sided. Perhaps if you turned it a bit counterclockwise it would look better. Maybe. I dunno.

Also, the Chingabell's face looks too much like Chimecho's. Perhaps you knew that already *shot*, or maybe you were going for that look, but whatever.

Your trainer sprite looks great! Did you scratch that entirely? Yes? No? Either way, wow.

Corsqueen, while the shading may be off *eyes Yami* still looks fantastic.

And I'm saving a spot in the Emort dex for your Ice Dragons XD.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
!FIRST NEW ART(s)!
jacobmug.gif

I've been seeing these things everywhere, so i decided to do one.
This is 95 % scratch, the 5 % not, being the face. I use the D/P/Pt hero's face.
This is my character, Jacob. He adores Mudkips...just like me! I'll probably edit it with a Mudkip at sometime. Maybe even all of his pokemon...somehow.
EDIT: Man it's dead right now...
Anyway. I made my second Pixel Art! All is scratch! 100% baby!
castformwip.png

It's of a Castform. I always wanted to make that cloud effect, how they just are fading off into the distance. I think it looks great!...for an hours work.
Please comment with C+C!

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
That mug-shot is pure win, but the transition from the head to the neck bugs me a bit. A bit more than a bit....

Btw, I have a message from DND93. He says your Ice Dragon is 'kill'. I think that's a compliment. xD