• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~Aqua's Sprite Thread~*~

Testing, that's all

• test 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • test 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Love the new stuff. ^^ The Jacob sprite looks great. The pixel art looks good too but you should darken the color on the Pokemon, he seems to be blending in with the background.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I think the shading's real bad...
feraligatrprehistoric.gif

It's an ancient Feraligatr.

Alder

Come at me bro
The shading is not so much bad as unique. But shading it thus, you haev made it in a different style. HOwever, I think you were trying to make it look like a Pokemon, which didn't work. It does have a bit of MLSS, as there seems to be a light right there in front of its stomach and above its head. also, try shading the spines

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I'm very depressed right now(not emo) but depressed. So I really don't want to sprite too much or post for that matter.
dragon2s.gif
\
Here's my dragon WSC fusion sprite (that's a mouthfull.)...
Altaria, Giratina, Dragonair, and Arceus. A 4-way fusion.
airsprite.gif

This is a sprite for Cobalt. The Air element. I really like how it turned out.
That's all for now...and maybe even for a while.

~aqua

PS VM/PM me if you'd like to know why I'm so depressed.

Growlachu

I'm very depressed right now(not emo) but depressed. So I really don't want to sprite too much or post for that matter.
dragon2s.gif
\
Here's my dragon WSC fusion sprite (that's a mouthfull.)...
Altaria, Giratina, Dragonair, and Arceus. A 4-way fusion.
airsprite.gif

This is a sprite for Cobalt. The Air element. I really like how it turned out.
That's all for now...and maybe even for a while.

~aqua

PS VM/PM me if you'd like to know why I'm so depressed.

The dragon fusion is just pure awsomeness and looks so well fused. The air element reminds me of two pokemon, Hoppip and Drifloon because of the description.

Yami Ryu

Well can't really crit on the contest entry for this week. So turning my focus onto the feraligatr.

The main problem isn't really the MLSS.

It's cause you broke the sprite with how you have it posed and stretched- any real animal would be well.. dead.

Especially if you're basing it off a creature such as Spinosaurous as you said; http://www.tunturisusi.com/dinosaurukset/spinosaurus.jpg

Alder is right, you kept it to Feraligaterish- yet, not enough. You gave it a short muzzle, which is bizzare, why would it have a shorter, rounder muzzle when carnivores of theropod dinosaurs [basically the meat eaters] had long snouts/muzzles, as did ancient crocodilians.

With how you have the arm/leg placement and a real lack of belly definition, it comes off badly distorted and wierd, as said. The front limbs also are longer, and thicker, than the hind limbs.

To be frank, since you wanted to keep it so crocodilian-like, you would have been best off using examples of giant ancient crocodilians.

Cause Godzilla Head =/= Feraligatr imo.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I tried for over an hour to get this sprite up last night. But my crappy computer wouldn't let me. So I resorted back to my beautiful newly received Platinum Version. Rumor says that it's great! And I'm here to say that that rumor is correct! It's much better than D/P. Much better.
Well here's the sprite I was trying to get to you guys last night:
His name is Charl (Pronounced Car-el)

As you can see, hopefully you can see, he's a fire type trainer. Correction: he's a fire type GYM LEADER. I've been trying to work on my trainer sprites, and this was the result of my work. I think it turned out great, except for the front hand, I'll try, keyword: TRY, to get to it. I usually don't.
But yeah...

CHARL's BIO: He lives in the town of Sparklite, which is located in the region of Ralstic. Sparklite is a lonely town in the desert. It's right by a beautiful oasis. CHARL loves to wander the desert aimlessly, always keeping a Water Pokemon on hand, just so he doesn't die of thirst. He loves the heat (Go figure, who doesn't? Note the sarcasm.) He is the only fire Gym leader to have a Water Pokemon.

c+c please

P.S.
If you were wondering, I am ATTEMPTING to make a fan-game. I have starters planned already:
Folir
The Tapir Pokemon
Grass

Emkat
The Meerkat Pokemon
Fire-Normal

Jelbub
The Light Bulb Pokemon
Water-Electric

I just need to make custom tiles and...everything else. I plan for this to be a solo project for a while. Just until I have a bunch of stuff done. I don't want to go into this head-on and drop out right away because I think it's too hard or something. (This is what happened with my old region...it died.)

And people, when I said I don't want a one line comment, I didn't mean make it two lines and still have nothing good to say. I'd like it if people actually have some criticism on my sprites. If you have nothing that will help me out spriting-wise please don't post it. I count that as spam. And I don't like spam.
If you'd like to say something nice, but have no c+c, please VM or PM me.

I would appreciate it

~aqua

EDIT: Someone please comment. I reposted this.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Sorry Aqua, I didn't see it before...

The trainer sprite is good, but there is too much black in his outlining. If you notice how the arms are done, close the form steps of black lines and the same goes for the legs. This give it a real jagged quality. The lining on the shorts doesn't make them look quite right - i realise you're wanting to get the pocket to look right, but perhaps they are too skin-toned.

Other than that, the feet have the same outlining problem, but the rest is fine. Shading works well. The colours for the shirt are good and the flame-like design shows up. My only concern is that he is rather skinny, it makes him look like a 14-yr-old boy...

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
You're re-doing the Ralstic region?

Good luck! XD

I'm sure you'll find my map helpful...

Your sprites are amazing, as always...

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Yes, I'm re-doing the WHOLE region. For those of you who don't know(most), I attempted to make a region before, but it didn't turn out too well.
But it's back, and better than ever! And speaking of which, I've got the newest piece of art, the region map:

ralsticmap.png

It's different, I know.
I wanted to make it in a completely new style, new colors, new look, new everything!
The Ralstic region has everything you could imagine; deserts, mountains, valleys, islands, forests, volcanoes, and even coral reefs!
The games will be called Zircon and Quartz, that's what the ZQ thing is in the middle.
It was just for fun. But please c + c this. It took me at least three days to make it.
So yeah...

Very, very, very nice! Very orginal and detailed. I don't think I would have the patience to sit there for 3 days a make something like that. I give you props.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Okay, that's too good for me to even say 'wow' around.
Like, honestly, It almost made me faint... now, to make this not a one-liner;

The only problem I have is the town Icons look a bit... Mini. Ya, that's it.

See Ya Later!

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Okay, that's too good for me to even say 'wow' around.
Like, honestly, It almost made me faint... now, to make this not a one-liner;

The only problem I have is the town Icons look a bit... Mini. Ya, that's it.

See Ya Later!

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
It's artwork like this that makes me ask myself why I wasn't given such talent...

It's SO GOOD!

Although I have to say, Quartz has been used time and time again in these fake regions.

I think the style of the water is what wows me the most.

You've done a great job, man. Keep up the good work.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I think that I’m pitching these things out too fast! I dunno, but yeah. I’ve been spriting tons today, since I’m on Spring Break and all… So that means I have an update for you guys! (and girls) I made the starters for my region and I think they looks pretty sweet too! I’m proud of them too! I think I did pretty well on them.
Well here they are, the starters of the Ralstic region:
astarters.gif

I had the idea to make a Grass Sheep, Water Dolphin, and a Fire Cat, but thought that those were already used. I couldn’t think of any that used these before, so I did them. A Grass Tapir, a water Jellyfish/light bulb, and a Fire Meerkat. In order from left > right, they are Folir, Jelbub, and Emkat.

:FOLIR:
folir.gif

THE TAPIR POKEMON
GRASS – (none)
Folir love the Iapaa berry and are often found headbutting trees many times to get them to fall down.

:JELBUB:
jelbulb.gif

THE LIGHT BULB POKEMON
WATER – ELECTRIC
Jelbub tend to shock themselves when they are scared or panicking.

:EMKAT:
emkat.gif

THE MEERKAT POKEMON
FIRE – (none)
The sun is an important part of an Emkat’s life, for their 20 % of their body runs on heat and if get no heat, their system fails and they perish.

I hope you enjoy the sprites and please c+c.

~AQUA~

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
*gaping mouth*

Emkat....you had that in the original Ralstic region, right? And the Tapir looks similar to something from Tella....

I am looking forward for more work from you (from Ralstic and others *hint*).

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Emkat was previously Embly which was a lion or cat, not a meerkat.
And that reminds me, Tella did have a Tapir starter...but oh well, two completely different designs and two completely different pokemon altogether.

Last edited:

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I think I'll just go ahead and post the new sprites. I won't be making much more this week, since I'm on Spring Break. But these are very important. I think I'm gonna have to make a thread pretty soon just for this. I've done a lot in one day, (six scratch sprites), and a map of teh region. I've already started designing the towns, oh, and I've got a Gym Leader sprite down. Voila!
Well yeah...
They're the Legendary Trio:
Crevice, Voltech, and Lavock.
I hope you enjoy them!
:TRIO:
atrio.gif

In order from left > right. Crevice, Voltech, and Lavock.
:CREVICE:
crevice.gif

Ice - (none)
The Ice Pokemon
Crevice are found in the deepest of chasms, they can withstand the coldest of temperatures, but will melt above 20 degrees Farenheit.

:VOLTECH:
voltech.gif

Electric - Steel
The Electricity Pokemon
Voltech store electricity in their bodies from the air around them.

:LAVOCK:
lavock.gif

Fire - Rock
The Magma Pokemon
Lavock are known for their extreme temperatures. Their flames get to the temperature of 8000 degrees Farenheit.

And please c+c.

~AQUA