• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~Aqua's Sprite Thread~*~

Testing, that's all

• test 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • test 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starrmyt

still loves gen II

So...many...amazing...sprites!

Quick nitpick though, I can't really tell where Crevice is facing? Is it away from us?

Anyway, keep up the spriting!

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Starrmyt~thanks. I'm glad you like them. And to answer your question, he's face the opposing Pokemon. It just doesn't look like it. I'll make it better possibly tommorow, since I'm able sprite tommorow. Possibly even tonight, who knows.
I've been gone for almost two whole days and got only one post...sad, so sad. But maybe I'll get more. People, please post for me. I'd really like to see some responses. Some c+c would be very nice.

~Aqua​

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
What? Still NO responses? Well hopefully this will get some peoples attention.
I made the second evos of the starters. They loo great too! I stayed up a couple of hours last night doing so, designing them, spriting them, etc. They turned out pretty nice.
But on my way home today (I went to Wilmington North Carolina in the US), I got in a car wreck. It was pouring down rain and a man hydroplated. The car skidded across the median on the highway and crashed into our car, flipping it over and throwing us off the highway. It hit my side. I only have a small fracture in my left arm, and a couple of cuts along my left leg. Not too serious, the only bad thing is that my no-bone streak is up. I'll live, though. Our dog was in the back of the car, we took him up their with us. He broke his ankle, but he's better than I am. Turns out that my mom and dad, being in the front of the car, made it out just fine. I envy them...
But I probably won't sprite for a bit. I still have to get used to the cast and teh stinging pain in my leg.
But sorry to keep you waiting, and I hope that it isn't spam.

Here's the sprites:
a2ndevos.gif

All of them together.

:TALIAGE:
taliage.gif

Grass - Ground
The Foliage Pokemon
Taliage love the spicy hot taste of Tomato Berries, unlike most, they enjoy the flaming sensation their mouths.

:MEERAME:
meerame.gif

Fire - (none)
The Meerkat Pokemon
Meerame tend to live underground more than above ground, since when they evolved from their earlier stage, the sun-hungry cells left their bodies.

:BUOITIC:
buoitic.gif

Water - Electric
The Buoy Pokemon
Buoitic are often mistaken as idle buoys and are run over by careless moter-boaters.

Please c+c.

~AQUA~​

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
WARNING: Large post! 8D

Sorry I haven't posted much on your sprite thread *and other threads as well lol*.
Been busybusy. ^__^

I really love the start of your region. The starters have some really lovely designs and ideas behind them, and the sprites are done really well too.

I'm a bit... traditional, I guess. I like to follow the pattern that the 4 regions have left us. Grass/reptile, Fire/any fire-ish animal, Water/a real water animal, if you get what I mean. I have no problem with any of your starters, but the fact that the Grass starter isn't a kind of reptile or dinosaur may cause it to seem a bit out of place if it was compared with the existing Grass starters.
That doesn't mean that I don't like your sprites and Pokemon. I think they're brilliant, and you have some epic ideas!

Emkat is my personal favourite, and I love the design and how adorable he is! Although, I think he would be seen more as a meerkat, if his face was a little bit smaller, maybe. Meerkat's tend to have small faces compared to their bodies, and I think making it a little skinnier, and possibly standing up, would sort of help with that, too.
The colours and traditional meerkat pattern you chose suits it perfectly. I tend to have the roughest time getting the right colour for my Fakemon.

The lightbulb/jellyfish is a great idea. :3 It's different, and I like how it's part Electric, too. I was sick of having Bulbasaur being the only dual-typed basic starter, and Electric doesn't interfere with the triangle, either.

It's design is simple, cute, and effective. :3 I'm definitely looking forward to seeing its final evolution.

And even though I find the species to be a bit odd-out, I think your Grass starter has a lovely design and sprite. :3 The only real problem that I see is that it's sort of lacking a proper stomach; it looks like its forelegs are attatched to its hind legs.

Love the legendaries. They seem a tad too realistic, but they're still great! My favourite would be Crevice. I love how you've made the icy mist(?) to sort of look like an extension of its body. The Electric-type looks well-designed, but I feel that the bolts of lightning seem a bit too thick.
The only problem I have with the Fire-type is that the fire on its head seems a bit TOO blended. If you look at... Charmander, for example, it's still obvious where each colour seperates.

*looks at new sprites*

Taliage. is. totally. epic.

It's the best out of your new sprites. The outlines are well done, with only the smallest error at its hind leg. The shading is well done, and the design suits it well. I just LOVE IT.

Buoitic has a great pose, and I love how it still keeps a very similar look to its pre-evolved form, but making it seem just a little more adult. I like the more subtle changes, rather than the dynamic ones that alot of Fakemon spriters/creators make.

Lines are excellent, and the shading and colours are great, too. :3 I have NO crit for that sprite!

Just a little bit for Meerame, though. I hope you don't mind. ^__^

The head looks pretty good, but I don't think the eyes stand out well enough. They seem a bit blended in with the head, which gives it... maybe a bit too much of a realistic touch. I think the ears could do with being a little bit bigger, as well.

The body itself seems rather stiff, and the limbs don't look positioned properly. You may want to make the feet look a little more sturdy, and maybe make the outline a bit more obvious, add some black. If you look at DPPt's sprites, alot of Pokemon's feet and such have an almost entire black outline.

But I'm incredibly impressed overall. You're such a talented spriter, and it's a shame that not many people have been giving you a decent review lately. :3 I hope mine helps somewhat~

I hope you feel better soon! I've only ever broken a small toe, so I don't know what it would be like to have trouble with my arm. :/

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Here's Folir's final stage. I figured out that I can sprite with a broken arm!

:TERROTH:
terroth.gif

Grass - Ground
The Mammoth Pokemon
These Pokemon are hunted not only for their ivory tusks, but also for their thick beautiful hide.

sleep now...​

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Looks pretty good! :3

I think that the tusks aren't long enough. They don't seem... mammoth-y? Try making them longer and curved, sort of like Mamoswine's. And be sure not to go overboard with the shading. And remember to use some black in your outlines.

I think it'd look a bit nicer if his eyes showed, even just a little. It'd be kinda cute if you could see his eyes in amongst his wooly fur <3

Still, though. I luffs it. :3

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Thanks. But if I made them any longer they'd exceed the 80x80 space.
I'll see what I can do. And the style I'm going for is to have no black in the outline. It's slightly lighter: gray. If the style isn't working, than I'll change it. :)

~AQUA~​

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
What? Still NO responses? Well hopefully this will get some peoples attention.
I made the second evos of the starters. They loo great too! I stayed up a couple of hours last night doing so, designing them, spriting them, etc. They turned out pretty nice.
But on my way home today (I went to Wilmington North Carolina in the US), I got in a car wreck. It was pouring down rain and a man hydroplated. The car skidded across the median on the highway and crashed into our car, flipping it over and throwing us off the highway. It hit my side. I only have a small fracture in my left arm, and a couple of cuts along my left leg. Not too serious, the only bad thing is that my no-bone streak is up. I'll live, though. Our dog was in the back of the car, we took him up their with us. He broke his ankle, but he's better than I am. Turns out that my mom and dad, being in the front of the car, made it out just fine. I envy them...
But I probably won't sprite for a bit. I still have to get used to the cast and teh stinging pain in my leg.​

That sounds a tad traumatizing. Glad you're okay thoguh. :)

But sorry to keep you waiting, and I hope that it isn't spam.

Here's the sprites:
a2ndevos.gif

All of them together.

:TALIAGE:
taliage.gif

Grass - Ground
The Foliage Pokemon
Taliage love the spicy hot taste of Tomato Berries, unlike most, they enjoy the flaming sensation their mouths.

:MEERAME:
meerame.gif

Fire - (none)
The Meerkat Pokemon
Meerame tend to live underground more than above ground, since when they evolved from their earlier stage, the sun-hungry cells left their bodies.

:BUOITIC:
buoitic.gif

Water - Electric
The Buoy Pokemon
Buoitic are often mistaken as idle buoys and are run over by careless moter-boaters.

Please c+c.

~AQUA~
Here's Folir's final stage. I figured out that I can sprite with a broken arm!

:TERROTH:
terroth.gif

Grass - Ground
The Mammoth Pokemon
These Pokemon are hunted not only for their ivory tusks, but also for their thick beautiful hide.

sleep now...​

Holy crap! Not only is your sprite work astounding, but your imagination alone is something to be envied. I mean, who would have thought of a Grass Mammoth for the starter?

anyways, I really like these sprites. They're clean and smooth, and they are very original and the colors look great. Just keep doing what you're doing, because it has extremely nice results. ;)

Last edited:

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Here's Jelbub's final evolution:
:ELECTOUSE:
electouse.gif

Water - Electric
The Lighthouse Pokemon
These Pokemon have two sets of eyes, on its light and on its face.

FUSED~ thanks. I;m glad you enjoy them and I hope you like this one.

please c+c

~AQUA~

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Here's Jelbub's final evolution:
:ELECTOUSE:
electouse.gif

Water - Electric
The Lighthouse Pokemon
These Pokemon have two sets of eyes, on its light and on its face.

FUSED~ thanks. I;m glad you enjoy them and I hope you like this one.

please c+c

~AQUA~

I love this one! It's very creative, making it's head a lighthouse! :D

The colors are chosen well, and the lines are, like your others, smooth and clean.

Now I can't decide which is my favorite: Electouse or Terroth.

great work! :D

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Well I've finally sprited the Fire's final stage:
a3rdevos.gif

Here's all of the finals together in a group. I like the sprite a lot, just, I don't quite think I'm satisfied with the head. What do you guys think?

:FYREER:
fyreerd.gif

Fire - Rock
The Meerkat Pokemon
Fyreer surprisingly hate the heat and have been found residing in the deepest of caverns to escape it.

I'm thinking about making a thread for my region in a few days from now, so watch out for it!

FUSED~ again, I'm glad you like them.
That's what I like to hear, that people like my sprites. But of course if it was a bad one, I'd expect you guys to tell me it was bad...;)
I like them both too, and I think they are some of my best sprites. I can't decide whether I like Terroth or Electouse better either. XP

Please c+c

~AQUA~

Last edited:

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
The Water final looks amazing, just like its pre-evolutions. You've done incredibly well with that line, and I have no crit for it. =D

The Fire's final evo's arms are a bit... odd. One is thinner than the other, and the thinner arm's fingers also seem a bit off.

The feet look really good, though. I think the tail could be a little more curved at the bottom, but it seems pretty good there.

I think your problem with the face is mainly the colour and eyes. The colour makes it look more like a bear rather than a meerkat. I think you should have the light brown as its dominant colour, and just have some parts of its head darker brown.

The eyes are again a bit too small. I know it's a final evo, and needs to look a little bit ferocious or angry, but maybe widen them just a tad. And I think that the head is a little bit too high up. It sort of makes it seem like it has a longer neck.

Hope that helps. :3 It's still a brilliant sprite <3 It's a LOT better than the crap that I'm attempting at the moment LOL.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I wouldn't go that far with it. But thanks. Those were the things that were bothering me, except the tail, didn't notice that.
I appreciate the crit.

~AQUA~

FurretFreak

Second Gen. Trainer
I think I'll just go ahead and post the new sprites. I won't be making much more this week, since I'm on Spring Break. But these are very important. I think I'm gonna have to make a thread pretty soon just for this. I've done a lot in one day, (six scratch sprites), and a map of teh region. I've already started designing the towns, oh, and I've got a Gym Leader sprite down. Voila!
Well yeah...
They're the Legendary Trio:
Crevice, Voltech, and Lavock.
I hope you enjoy them!
:TRIO:
atrio.gif

In order from left > right. Crevice, Voltech, and Lavock.
:CREVICE:
crevice.gif

Ice - (none)
The Ice Pokemon
Crevice are found in the deepest of chasms, they can withstand the coldest of temperatures, but will melt above 20 degrees Farenheit.

:VOLTECH:
voltech.gif

Electric - Steel
The Electricity Pokemon
Voltech store electricity in their bodies from the air around them.

:LAVOCK:
lavock.gif

Fire - Rock
The Magma Pokemon
Lavock are known for their extreme temperatures. Their flames get to the temperature of 8000 degrees Farenheit.

And please c+c.

~AQUA

Since everybody else is posting about your starters, I'll post about these. However I do want to say that Electouse is my favorite. It's amazing.

All of them look stunning. I love how creative you were with Crevice's arm. It's really cool. My only problem is that it doesn't seem very icy. it dees look icy, but not as much as it could (or should?) be. Maybe tweak the colors a bit? Or add some more crackly spiky ice on the body? But all in all a very good sprite.

Voltech also is amazing. Although, I don't see steel that much. Actually i thik it would be cool to see more electricity. Like, maybe something on the head or holding a thunderbolt or something.

Lavock is definitely my favorite. The flame looks really good. And so does the body. I can't really see any flaws except the face is looking the other way. But even that looks good. Again, more fire would be better. Perhaps he could be holding a fireball?

Good work, like always Aqua. Hope you appreciate this crit. Check out my thread? Anyway, can't wait to see more stuff!

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
FurretFreak~ Well I wanted Crevice to be smooth ice, not the spikey, vicious ice you usually see. On Voltech, I wanted each one to have their element somewhere else on their body.
Crevice: Hand
Lavock: Head
Voltech: Legs
And if I put any more, I think the sprite would be too crowded. The body is made of steel, that's why it is part steel.
(Oh, and just on a sidenote: Jirachi has no visible steel and yet it is part steel...)
Lavock is made of fire! Rocks are just placed on top of it! How can you not see the fire in the cracks on its body? Oh, and the pupil is facing the opponent.
Thanks for commenting though.
And I'll definitly give your thread a look!

And YES! I've made a new sprite! It's another legendary! o_O!!!!

:GALCATIC:
galcatic.gif

The Galaxy Cat Pokemon
Psychic - Steel
These Pokemon have been known to be made of the cosmos, scientists even believe that they hold an alternate universe inside of them.

Please C+C!!

PS ~ I'm making the region thread tonight, so be on the watch!

~AQUA~

FurretFreak~ Well I wanted Crevice to be smooth ice, not the spikey, vicious ice you usually see. On Voltech, I wanted each one to have their element somewhere else on their body.
Crevice: Hand
Lavock: Head
Voltech: Legs
And if I put any more, I think the sprite would be too crowded. The body is made of steel, that's why it is part steel.
(Oh, and just on a sidenote: Jirachi has no visible steel and yet it is part steel...)
Lavock is made of fire! Rocks are just placed on top of it! How can you not see the fire in the cracks on its body? Oh, and the pupil is facing the opponent.
Thanks for commenting though.
And I'll definitly give your thread a look!

And YES! I've made a new sprite! It's another legendary! o_O!!!!

:GALCATIC:
galcatic.gif

The Galaxy Cat Pokemon
Psychic - Steel
These Pokemon have been known to be made of the cosmos, scientists even believe that they hold an alternate universe inside of them.

Please C+C!!

PS ~ I'm making the region thread tonight, so be on the watch!

~AQUA~

Wow!!! I love him. ^^ Best one thus far. Mabe you can give him claws instead of the normal stubs.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Well he has claws, but they're small, and hard to see. :/
It's hard to sprite small things like that.

Red Gyrados

Ammolite Leader
Very nice sprites Aqua!

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Red Gyrados ~ Thanks to you!
I've got a lot of news, so listen up! Here goes:
1) NEW SPRITE! Name is Glaesh, the Glacier Pokemon. The idea just came to me: "Make a Glacier Pokemon" so I did. I hope no one else did...:/ Well here's that sprite:

glaesh.gif

2)As you can see above, I have made the type icons and the Dex format. The pink and blue stand for Zircon and Quartz, the game name. :) So I was excited that I made them! Also, I couldn't think of what original way to sprite the type icons, then I thought of that. ^^ Don't know what it is, but I think they look good. :3

3) I've started compiling the team. I've recruited many people, and I've gotten a couple of sprites already. :) When and if I make a thread, I'll post them for all to see! The team is thus far:
(Sorry TDM, you had a good Job list layout. I 'borrowed' the idea. :3)
1. Sprites ~ (me), LoneStarAkira, Chaoscrippler, Medical Meccanica, Douger
2. Maps ~ Red Gyrados, Fused, *
3. Tileset ~ Red Gyrados (one tile), Raunikai, *
4. Script ~ *, *, *
5. Storyline ~ (me), Klnothincomin, Medical Meccanica, Red Gyrados, *
6. Misc ~ (me), Alder, , *, *, *
7. Pokémon Concepts ~ (me), Medical Meccanica, Alder, *, *, *
* ~ open jobs
If you'd like to help out, please contact me, Aquakip, through PM or VM.

4) We've got the plot down. It's pretty good too. It will be revealed when and if I make a thread.

All will come in due time...

That's all for now, and please c+c on the sprite. :)

~AQUA~

Red Gyrados

Ammolite Leader
Awesome Aqua!
Can't wait for more.